It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Many Businesses Have Announced Closings or Layoffs Since Obama Won A Second Term?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
How Many Businesses Have Announced Closings or Layoffs Since Obama Won A Second Term?

Well it looks like a whole shipload of layoffs have been "announced" since Tuesday.

All kinds of companies have held off the bad news. Some big some small.

Layoffs and closings have been running rampant for some time now.

What were voters expecting ? Miracles ?

Washington D.C. didn't change much this week, except that the Obama Administration has a bit more power.

Congress is about the same.

The issues are the same

Do elections have consequences? If you have been paying attention to the financial markets, you might think so. Wall Street has had two horrible days since President Obama won a second term.

However, stock prices are not the only thing taking a hit. It appears that the job market is also suffering. In the last 48 hours, the following major corporations have announced layoffs in America (each is linked to the news release with details):.................

There's dozens of companies listed in the article.

I wonder if employees there understand what's happening ?

Any ATS members affected ?

Link to daily reports:
daily job cuts.com

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Thank the lord( I am not really religious BTW) that I have several skill sets, thus I am usually able to find work reguardless.

I believve Obama to be one of the 3 worst presidents ever! Yet I find the fact Romney wasn't electer to be equally ....well not bad at least, though not even close to good either.

I love all you ATSers, despite your political bent, but really? You guys thing Obomney was gonna be beneficial to any of us normal joes? Really?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Isn't the fear, distort, repeat, tactic getting old after Nov 6th?

Seriously, it's lame

It sounds like right wingers want America to fail.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
These layoffs would have been weeks, if not months in the planning. It's not as if CEO's woke up this week and decided,

"You know, now Obama has one, let's layoff some plebs"

They would have happened whoever had won the election.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by romney
Isn't the fear, distort, repeat, tactic getting old after Nov 6th?

Seriously, it's lame

It sounds like right wingers want America to fail.

This is far from some new issue and you're right. The election is over. Now this very pre-existing problem needs solved, very badly. These layoff notices in some cases like I cite here are legally required and once delayed already so they didn't drop by statute a few days before the election. That would have been quite the show stopper.

This has absolutely ZERO to do with the election and Obama was going to face at least this part from Defense and Government contractors no matter which way it had gone.

After new White House guidance prompted defense contractors to back off from their threats of issuing layoff notices in the face of possible mandatory budget cuts, Republican lawmakers last week accused the Obama administration of politicking and vowed not to support its promises to contractors.

Bethesda-based Lockheed Martin, the Arlington-based U.S. business of BAE Systems and Herndon-based EADS North America had all warned that they might be required to issue layoff notices under the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act, or WARN Act, given the prospects that the sequestration process would begin in January.
Source

Although, there was a question or two about all that in how it happened....
Sen. Graham: Obama move on defense layoff notices 'patently illegal'

If he can just exercise leadership to get a deal made and avert the need for this whole thing to actually play out, heck, the past is the past on this whole issue. The House, Senate and White House all need to agree together though....or that does all happen. Bad thing...

S/F for the thread OP. This is the first MAJOR challenge of his new term, IMO.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Funny thing, as a factory worker I have been working my a$$ off for the last four years. Business has increased, not decreased. And yet, the company put up a banner that supported Romney.

In this instance I don't understand why the company owners would vote for someone else and risk any change in their business. If I owned this particular company my thinking would be: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I'm not seeing any trend in that direction. Yet.

But, there is this little tidbit to ponder over: David Siegel, Billionaire Whose Letter Promised Mass Layoffs After Obama Win, Gives Workers Raises

new topics

top topics

join