It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Super-Earth' Alien Planet May Be Habitable for Life (you don't say)?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

This is just me throwing out a possibility. Just to make sure that whoever decides to read my "Threads" will have no ability to trash what I do say as being facts that I was wrong about and have no business stating. I'm sure this will not stop certain people from still doing this. You know the type.

'Super-Earth' Alien Planet May Be Habitable for Life
www.space.com...

Astronomers have detected an alien planet that may be capable of supporting life as we know it — and it's just a stone's throw from Earth in the cosmic scheme of things

"The longer orbit of the new planet means that its climate and atmosphere may be just right to support life"

www.space.com...

Why is it necessary for any celestial body in the Universe to have an atmosphere that is the same as Earth? The elements and the proportions we have here are certainly not the same throughout the entire Universe. The building blocks we need to sustain life here are unique to Earth. Just because we need them does not mean other planets need the same formula to have intelligent life. This is just arrogance being thrown around by scientists that have no clue.

If we tried to live in the ocean we would die, because the atmosphere is not conducive to humans. If we tried to live anywhere, besides Earth, it would require adaption or evolution that would take many generations to occur naturally. Species have evolved and adapted to their environment here; why not elsewhere? If I was from a planet in the Pleiades, maybe we have a nitrogen rich environment that sustains us. Any galaxy, with any planets anywhere could sustain life and the probability is they do. The possibility that they all require an (x) amount of oxygen, (x) amount of sunlight and (x) amount of water, etc. is “0” in my opinion.

This has been proven right here on our own planet. We have found organisms that survive in extreme cold/heat/light deprived atmospheres right here. They may not have evolved to be “intelligent”, but that’s not to say they won’t. Many species of animals and mammals have intelligence and have evolved over time to be what they are today. DNA is a different matter altogether, but there is a difference in how information is formed and used because of DNA structures from human to animal/insect/mammal/reptiles, etc. They still have intelligence. They just can’t talk like we can or write like we can.

No. Every planet does not have to have Earth like atmosphere to sustain life. Unequivocally, the answer is NO. Think about how many billions of planets there are in the Universe. Are we really that intelligent if we think all of them are lifeless or that the ones that have life only use Earth like element formula’s to survive and thrive?

I know you think this is a rant, but it is not. I have only been here a short time as a member; I may not have the smarts to be a (blogger, journalist or an editor). I don't always articulate or put my thoughts down properly. I don't always arrange my threads in the perfect way or perfect order. I'm human, very spiritual and non-secular. Sometimes, I use big words in places they don't belong. Sometimes, I have more than one thing I want to get across.

Take care and much love.

Ascension211

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I think this is the 3rd post ive seen about this

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Might be why no one has responded. I admit I did not do a search. oh well.

new topics

join