It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry Reid on Hiking Debt Limit to $18.794T: ‘We’ll Raise It’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid made no bones about raising the debt limit again.

Speaking boldly from what he thinks is a more powerful position, Harry will be on the prowl to spend as much money as possible and he will appear to be on the "right" side of things and will do whatever it takes to make any opposition look "wrong".

But he needs to remember that Republicans gained some seats in the House.

Be aware that Democrats will be proposing and inserting all kinds of "extras" into legislation.

They will pad the bills to keep plenty of blame alive for any "nays".

Careful monitoring of all new legislation is more necessary than ever now.

What may appear to be filibuster attempts by Republicans may really be a blessing in disguise !!

read and watch the carefully crafted wording by Harry

(CNSNews.com) – Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said on Wednesday that if the $16.394 trillion current legal limit on the federal government's debt must be raised in the next few months by another $2.4 trillion, “We’ll raise it."

That would set the debt limit at $18.794 trillion.

During a Capitol Hill press conference on Wednesday, CNSNews.com asked: “Senator Reid, the Treasury Department said last week that we will hit the debt ceiling again near the end of the year. Are you prepared—will you support—"

“I think the debt ceiling will come after the first of the year,” Reid said. “But please everyone accept this: They tried it before—they, the Republicans.”...................

...he's already "blaming"

And notice that usual stern and serious expression !!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I just do not understand the Democrats Philosophy on this. 1) Why is it Ok to have all this debt, 2) why is it ok to just print money we acually "do not have". and 3) Why is it "healthy" for us to depreciate the dollar the way we are?

I would like a liberal to answer those questions for me please.

It just feels like democrats care NOTHING about tomorrow, only about what they and their constituants can get today.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Well, they haven't passed a budget in 4 years. I wonder if we get at least ONE in the next 4 years? It's kinda Constitutional. In fact, one of the few specific duties outlined in detail for dates and requirements, too. I'd sure like to see at least one formal budget...just one. (sigh) Projections from the White House had put debt at around 18 trillion by 2014. I wonder if they'll still really take that long to spend their way up to it? It really is a more orderly and controlled process when a formal budget actually exists, isn't it?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
everyone knows that the money borrowed and added to the "deficit" is just funny money. Add as much to the deficit as you want because it's all coming from the private "federal reserve". If someone has the gall to call the U.S. on their debt then we will send our 90%+ WDP(World domestic product) spent on the military after them until they stop collecting on debt.
Ask Qaddafi or Mubarak. You may just end up with a revolution on your hands... and it ends in sodomy... fyi.

Turns out having a printing press and a long musket is reason enough to control the world.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

The funny thing (funny not in the "ha ha" sense, rather the realization sense) is that we don't have a revenue problem in this country. Heck, states don't have a revenue problem. What is the problem is promises made during high times and spending.

Sadly, this is all coming to a head and just continuing to kick the can down the road or even keep heads in the sand thinking that the revenue flow will always be there, is only prolonging the inevitable. Eventually people will "go Galt" so to speak. They will realize they are only a resource for the State and begin to find other avenues to operate under. The United States of America has a horrible track record in the creation of black-markets when they begin to meddle with severe (notice I said severe; not all regulation is terrible) regulation, taxes and unnecessary bureaucracy.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mikeyy

I just do not understand the Democrats Philosophy on this. 1) Why is it Ok to have all this debt, 2) why is it ok to just print money we acually "do not have". and 3) Why is it "healthy" for us to depreciate the dollar the way we are?

I would like a liberal to answer those questions for me please.

It just feels like democrats care NOTHING about tomorrow, only about what they and their constituants can get today.

could be they cannot pass a budget because they have no desire to do so. how do you budget corruption?

in any case i think they're just going to do what they've done and that's kick the can, maybe their thinking is that we just need to kick it longer than the EU to come out of it on top.

everything has been over inflated and over hyped for so long that it has to come down sooner than later, too much hedging, too much betting, too much corruption and far too much fake economy, it has to get real some time. global debt forgiveness is the only real alternative and since most of the debt is ill gotten through corrupt banking practices, it should be wiped out.

top topics

join