It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Truth about our Moon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaffer44
reply to post by Urantia1111

I love this debate the arguments are very interesting.
I all ways found it amazing that the moon is the just the right distance and just the right size to match the sun for perfect eclipse.
Our moon does not spin we always see the same side of the moon
Another thing a lot of people don't know is the we have a second moon :-)
And NASA has lied big time about images
I just did a thread showing how good I can take pictures of the moon with a IPhone and a $600 telescope.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And I'm supposed to be impressed with NASA photos
The moon is a strange mass indeed

The moon does indeed spin, but in a tidal lock with the earths rotation. If it did not spin, from our perspective it would appear that it was rotating
edit on 10-11-2012 by siliconpsychosis because: typos

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by siliconpsychosis

Stop being such a dork, man!

Apparently he doesn't like to be questioned as I was called a dork and accused of trying to act better than other people by simply correcting some misleading information being provided.

No search for truth here, just some people that want to reinforce their preconceived notions with bunk. Don't waste your time

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Maybe the moon was flung to the Earth the intention of it's destruction. When it failed it broke into shards/pieces and reformed. Without all it's inertia Earth decided to make the object it's bitch. Than we had a moon. And Nibiru maybe a second attempt to destroy us. Not wanting to take a chance. They made their weapon larger and it is to arrive soon.......

So how do we put that into a novel?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntoxicatingMadness
Maybe the moon was flung to the Earth the intention of it's destruction. When it failed it broke into shards/pieces and reformed. Without all it's inertia Earth decided to make the object it's bitch. Than we had a moon. And Nibiru maybe a second attempt to destroy us. Not wanting to take a chance. They made their weapon larger and it is to arrive soon.......

insane

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

These things mean absolutely nothing and keep getting repeated so often it irritates me.
This was the first line in the post you did.
Hmmm I came to a thread called some truth about our moon you quote me
Then you tell me how it iterates you.
You arn't a dork your a dick.
I don't talk about any weird crazy stuff I made a comment about how amazed I am by the moon sun relationship and the distance they are from each other and us and how we always see the same face off the moon
The way you typed also comes across like you were saying nobody can have a theory on the moon because you know all the facts lmao
Your a dick lol
How about this if you don't like what people post follow your own advice and do what you told me I should do in your next reply you sent

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
reply to post by siliconpsychosis

Stop being such a dork, man!

Apparently he doesn't like to be questioned as I was called a dork and accused of trying to act better than other people by simply correcting some misleading information being provided.

No search for truth here, just some people that want to reinforce their preconceived notions with bunk. Don't waste your time

Here we are again know one can disagree with you but you can talk at everyone else try to look like you smart.
You know I have a life I'm out party with friends on a Saturday night while you sit here trying to get peoe to think you know what your talking about

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
You know he was replying to me right? In a sarcastic agreement with my post ? I certainly got the joke.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

These things mean absolutely nothing and keep getting repeated so often it irritates me.
I don't talk about any weird crazy stuff I made a comment about how amazed I am by the moon sun relationship and the distance they are from each other and us and how we always see the same face off the moon
The way you typed also comes across like you were saying nobody can have a theory on the moon because you know all the facts lmao
Your a dick lol
How about this if you don't like what people post follow your own advice and do what you told me I should do in your next reply you sent

Yes, seeing ridiculous and easily debunked theories repeated time and time again is irritating to me. I'm not a dick because I find ignorance irritating. I'm not a dick for presenting fact.

So you think I should follow my own advice? I agree, I do follow my own advice. What was the advice I gave you? I said to either find errors in my post or ignore it. Two options there. What did my post consist of? Correcting errors. So I followed my own advice perfectly, I could have ignored your post or corrected it, I did the later.

People can maintain whatever theory they want about the moon, nobody is stopping them. But if you post an idea that is riddled with holes people will point it out. The motto here at ATS is "Deny Ignorance" so not only is it the right of members here to correct others and point out misconceptions or misunderstandings, it's their responsibility. If truth is the goal falsehoods have to be exposed. Don't cry because you came to a battle of minds unarmed.

If nobody ever corrected or challenged other people's ideas the the world would be a terrible place. If I say that 2+2 =19 I DESERVE to be corrected. I WANT to be corrected. I can't learn or grow if nobody calls me out when I'm wrong.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Not just "rang", but "rang" "like a hollow body with shock absobing struts inside". NASA's words, not mine.

Any chance you could post a link? I don't believe NASA said that but I'll be happily proved wrong.

edit on 11-11-2012 by marker3221 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Here we are again know one can disagree with you but you can talk at everyone else try to look like you smart.
You know I have a life I'm out party with friends on a Saturday night while you sit here trying to get peoe to think you know what your talking about

Disagree with me all you want. Did I ever say you couldn't? Am I stopping you some how? If you want to challenge something I say then do so. Don't just whine about what I'm saying.

When I saw your post I didn't reply to you and piss and moan. I replied to you by addressing each issue you rose individually and posted fact to support my position. If you think I'm wrong, then as I suggested before find factual errors in my post and expose them.

As far as the end of your post, I live on the West coast and it was late afternoon to early evening when I posted. I sure as hell don't spend my Saturday nights on ATS, As I make this post it is about 5:30 AM, Sunday morning, I have just arrived home after a night out, If you want to compare Saturday nights privately I'm game, we can swap photos. Not sure why this is relevant to anything on ATS but I'm willing to meet on your terms if you wish. And once again if you feel I've posted anything incorrect, or that I don't know what I'm talking about, PLEASE feel free to correct me by posting contradicting evidence. I'll be waiting, and I promise I won't cry about it.
edit on 11-11-2012 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

Your a dick lol

Yes, seeing ridiculous and easily debunked theories repeated time and time again is irritating to me. I'm not a dick because I find ignorance irritating. I'm not a dick for presenting fact.

So you think I should follow my own advice? I agree, I do follow my own advice. What was the advice I gave you? I said to either find errors in my post or ignore it. Two options there. What did my post consist of? Correcting errors. So I followed my own advice perfectly, I could have ignored your post or corrected it, I did the later.

People can maintain whatever theory they want about the moon, nobody is stopping them. But if you post an idea that is riddled with holes people will point it out. The motto here at ATS is "Deny Ignorance" so not only is it the right of members here to correct others and point out misconceptions or misunderstandings, it's their responsibility. If truth is the goal falsehoods have to be exposed. Don't cry because you came to a battle of minds unarmed.
this is why you are a dick you just admited that crazy storys irritate you and you quote me on my post but nothing I stated is crazy storys it facts

If nobody ever corrected or challenged other people's ideas the the world would be a terrible place. If I say that 2+2 =19 I DESERVE to be corrected. I WANT to be corrected. I can't learn or grow if nobody calls me out when I'm wrong.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jaffer44

I quote you.
But if you post an idea that is riddled with holes people will point it out.
What did I write that is incorrect and dont say you didnt mean me because you quoted me

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Thats why we come here to challange other peoples ideas and if your smart your own.
I have not siagreed with things you wrote.
My problem was the way you wrote and they you talked down to others and there Idea's
You obviously never read my hole post before putting it down because you would see I wasnt putting # on anyones ideas just adding a couple of facts about the moon in a thread called SOME TRUTH ABOUT OUR MOON.
How about just admitting you were rude and that you did talk down at everyone.
You say everyone should be able to have a theroy but you use a sentence like these irritate me.
You are blind if you canot see why I stood up to your bullying

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
guys, im not too certain what you both are arguing about.....you were both correcting things in the thread, but seem to have gotten your wires crossed a bit........

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The moon and sun are not always the same size. Im shocked to know adults dont know this. Infact in the partial solar eclipse in northwest indiana this year, the moon looked tiny compared to the sun.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Thats why we come here to challange other peoples ideas and if your smart your own.
I have not siagreed with things you wrote.
My problem was the way you wrote and they you talked down to others and there Idea's
You obviously never read my hole post before putting it down because you would see I wasnt putting # on anyones ideas just adding a couple of facts about the moon in a thread called SOME TRUTH ABOUT OUR MOON.
How about just admitting you were rude and that you did talk down at everyone.
You say everyone should be able to have a theroy but you use a sentence like these irritate me.
You are blind if you canot see why I stood up to your bullying

If you think I was bullying you and being abusive then I really hope you never have to deal with anyone else here on ATS, because many are way harsher than I am. People aren't going to walk on egg shells around you just because you're sensitive. If you seriously think I was being abusive or rude then I urge you to report me to the mods, as insulting and being abusive towards other members is not allowed here on ATS.

But personally I don't feel I was being rude or abusive, nor was that my intent, but I did get an attitude after you replied to me the first time as your post was riddled with insults and abusive language. If I have hurt your feelings I apologize, but get used to it because you'll have to put up with way worse from other people here.

As far as the reason I took issue with what was posted, you aren't wrong about the Moon being tidally locked, but implying a moon being tidally locked is somehow uncommon, mysterious, or meaningful is wrong. You aren't wrong that the Moon and Sun appear very similar in size from Earth's prospective, but the idea that this again is mysterious or meaningful I take issue with.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but the whole point of this thread is that the Moon is the result of ET influence. That's what I'm arguing against. If someone proposes that the Moon being tidally locked with Earth somehow proves that ET made the Moon or whatever, then yes I'll argue against that, because tidally locked moons are NOT rare, NOT mysterious, and NOT meaningful. That's what I'm arguing.

I did indeed read your entire post, several times over in fact, and I was under the impression you were supporting the idea of ET bringing the moon here, so I disagreed and presented the evidence that supported my point of view.

Once again I'll apologize about your hurt feelings, but not about making my post, as I don't see anything wrong with it, but if you feel there is go ahead and report me, let the mods decide if I'm being abusive or you oversensitive.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I hope all the unnecessary arguments are done. I think people have just jumped into thinking they are being picked on when they are not. The thread is interesting. I don't think the moon was brought here by Orionite's though. I think it is a captured satellite of Nibiru from back when Nibiru was on the same plane of the ecliptic as our solar system resides. Now it is below us, so we don't ever have to worry about another collision or near miss.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

Lol don't worry you didn't upset me I come here for the debates and the weird ideas some of them turn out to be true even when the hole world says it wrong.
Once if you said the earth was round science ridiculed you.
No 1 to say it irritates me is not a good way to begin a debat. (Unless your a comedian :-) )
No 2 To pick on my post when I had said nothing about the crazy stuff and just put up some interesting facts in a thread titled some truth about our moon.
I think that gives me the right to defend myself and argue my point.
The fact that you kept post stuff that had no relevance to what I said
ARR what's the point people who get irritated over such little things will never see the point and grow wiser
I'm sorry we wrecked your thread I really am but I had to defend myself and try and show this person that he was the one being irritating that's all you'll here from me now on this subject so type whatever you like if it makes you feel better and you can have the last word.
I'm sure this will not be the last discution we have.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Hey buddy,

I know you "replied to" someone else but your post seemed like it was aimed at me, as we were the ones arguing about it.

You are right. You didn't say any of the "crazy stuff" you just posted up some facts, I did give you the credit and said you were right with what you posted, my issue was with what meaning was attached to those facts. "These things are true, therefore: the moon is hollow/a spaceship/brought by aliens/etc etc"

But I wasn't being fair. You never said those things, the OP did. I assumed and that was my bad, I assumed you WERE supporting the idea of the OP. Whether or not you were, you didn't say it in your post, so I didn't need to argue with you about it. I should have replied only to the OP, as they were the ones who said "all that crazy stuff"

Cool?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
A most illuminating and reflective thread OP ..not hollow at all.
The moon was there when all of us first gazed at the sky all those years ago.
The time we die we may gaze at it longingly our lifetime companion.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join