It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You were wrong, Lincoln

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
All of the people can be fooled all of the time!

2012 presidential victory speech:
"it doesn’t matter who you are or where you come from or what you look like or where you love (ph). It doesn’t matter whether you’re black or white or Hispanic or Asian or Native American or young or old or rich or poor, abled, disabled, gay or straight. [...] We are greater than the sum of our individual ambitions and we remain more than a collection of red states and blue states. We are, and forever will be, the United States of America."

2008 presidential victory speech:
"It's the answer spoken by young and old, rich and poor, Democrat and Republican, black, white, Latino, Asian, Native American, gay, straight, disabled and not disabled — Americans who sent a message to the world that we have never been a collection of red states and blue states; we are, and always will be, the United States of America."

Apparently he's been regurgitating this same, tired rhetoric, near verbatim, since the John Kerry nomination rally in '04!

(NB: I'm a Democrat supporter)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
He wasn't allowed to be in his position because he had substance or plans. He was a man who could work wonders with a teleprompter and unite minorities under the old white guy Democractic party. They just provided him all the far left academics and activist to make all the plans and do all the paperwork and he could sit back and enjoy the ride. He was never more than a salesman.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Be it his own words, or another writers, somebody, and probably a number of people felt that this was worth repeating.

It's intention is to be inspiring.

While I agree it seems a bit cookie cutter and tripe, it's going to inspire alot of folks out there, that's the intention and if it works, why change it?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
He's consistent in stating his beliefs on the unity of people. What's the big whoop?

Sure, maybe he's not sincere about it. Stating it multiple times has absolutely no relation to his sincerity.

If I say "i sure do like water!" one day, and four years later, I announce "Hydration is pleasant!" do you think that I am a scam artist?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
He's consistent in stating his beliefs on the unity of people. What's the big whoop?

There is no "big whoop", that's the problem. Yet, people are acting like there is a big whoop; about the same lines he's regurgitated time and again.

The cogency of oration lies in telling people something they haven't heard before. As it stands, I could be put in Obama's place and recite Shakespeare and be viewed as some presidential 'messiah', if what's gone on here is deemed perfectly acceptable.

Moreover, with all the talk of "change" and how this time there needs to be a different tact taken by both parties, et al, spouting the same drivel as he has for maybe a decade, smacks of lip service. I find it interesting Americans have not only fallen under the spell of this well-delivered repetition, but have seemingly failed to even noticed this was going on. (Mind you, this curiosity was pointed out to me also).

2012:
"Sasha and Malia, before our very eyes you're growing up to become two strong, smart beautiful young women, just like your mom.
And I'm so proud of you guys. But I will say that for now one dog's probably enough.
"

2008:
"Sasha and Malia I love you both more than you can imagine. And you have earned the new puppy that's coming with us to the new White House."

edit on 9-11-2012 by BeneathBaseStupidity because: (no reason given)

top topics

join