It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harris Polls: 30% of Americans completely/somewhat willing to receive "TSA body cavity search"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I'm glad a large majority still maintain their dignity but a third of those sampled have completely submitted themselves to the state (1984 style).

Check out the link for more. The link to download the samples of the actual survey is toward the bottom of the link.

“Given the recent reports concerning the threat posed by terrorists who plan to implant bombs within their own bodies, how willing, if at all, would you be to undergo a TSA body cavity search in order to fly?”
A total 30% of American adults said they would be “willing” or “somewhat willing” to accept a body cavity search. 57% would be “completely” or “somewhat unwilling” to submit to it and 13% answered “don’t know”.

How reasonable or unreasonable do you feel it is that travelers should be made by law to obey every command given by a TSA agent inside an airport or any other public place given the threat posed by terrorists?
A total 57% of American adults said this was “completely” or “somewhat reasonable”. A minority of 43% said passing a law that would mandate total obedience to a TSA agent was “completely” or “somewhat unreasonable”. Out of that figure, just 16% thought it was “completely unreasonable”.
Surprisingly given their traditional distrust of big government, 60% of Republicans thought it reasonable compared to 64% of Democrats and 46% of Independents.

www.infowars.com...

edit on 8-11-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Then what's the complaint?

I've seen all kinds of ridiculous threads/ predictions from those angry over Obama and absolutely NO willingness to accept such a reality and work for a compromise.

So much for "balance".

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag

Then what's the complaint?

I've seen all kinds of ridiculous threads/ predictions from those angry over Obama and absolutely NO willingness to accept such a reality and work for a compromise.

So much for "balance".

Oh this isn't a prediction, this is a survey, samples of demographics are in the link.

Its about 40/40/35 Dem/Indie/Rep

And I'm not sure about the rest of ATS but the TSA isn't about left or right since both parties seem to be almost equally forgiving of the DHS it's dear sister, the TSA.
edit on 8-11-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Hey I have no problems with the TSA.

They can do a full prostate exam on me on the condition that it passes their taste test.

Happy boardings!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I swear to god I predicted this somewhere when trying to illustrate the meaning "give an inch take a mile"...

When TSA was first being discussed here I said that acceptance of there mere existence of TSA is the inch...entering your rectum would be the mile...

being strictly for air travel would be the "inch" and migration to public roads/transportation and mass commuters such as buses, trains, trolleys, etc...would be the "mile"...

I think I was perceived as being paranoid back then...I hope to god I am still simply just paranoid.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Are these the same people who don't want a label on their foods showing what parts are grown in a lab?

When i think American's are getting smarter, all it takes is a single poll to make my faith in humanity start to waiver.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
You know, when the Fruita-Kaboom bomber happened and made the he a near she over Detroit, I joked this would be the next step. That before ya knew it, someone would actually smuggle explosive or the mere threat would be used for a cavity search. It was meant as absurd hyperbole for humor back then. Um..... It hasn't been all that long for it to be a real thing being surveyed. Someone floating a trial balloon?

I agree OP... TSA isn't right or left any more than the FBI or a local cop. It's just another arm of the Government and in this case, one that doesn't even do a proper screening of their OWN people to so much as basic police department standards. Nowhere remotely close, actually.

My Doctor hasn't even gone there.....Some twit in a blue shirt ain't even thinking it just for the great honor of boarding their friggen airplane. Not even as a passing joke. No way. Ever.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I wonder how many of the 13% who don't know - would change their mind after the cavity search???? Perhaps that 13% could be whittled away and placed in the 'no cavity search' section. Some people just don't get the horror until they are subjected to an actual experience.

Good to see the majority is still with the people who are awake and aware - 57% is just over the half way mark but at least it is over the half way mark.

Much Peace...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
HARRIS POLLS

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I bet the LGBT is 29% of the Americans

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
i don't think terrorists are trying to blow up airplanes. in fact, i don't believe in terrorists at all. i know this may seem extreme to some, but in my gut, i just don't buy it. i propose removing ALL security at airports for a period of 30 days. if no planes blow up, the changes become permanent. i'll even volunteer to ride assorted planes 24 hours a day for the entire month. i'm calling their bluff.

top topics

join