It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Next Bush' Makes Campaign Filing In Texas - The Manchurian Bush???

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I will just throw this out. I personally think that P Bush would get more Latino votes in a Presidential race than Rubio would.

Mexican-American versus Cuban-American

The numbers favor the Mexican American IMO.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
What I cannot comprehend is thinking back to both track records of the previous Bush Presidents, how can they even consider running another family member for POTUS? Do they really think there would be a realistic possibility of winning? Irregardless of his ancestry from his mother's side and the appeal that may have to Latino voters, it's the name that will forever be stained.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
That video seals it. He's well spoken, mentioned core family values ( marriage and children, RNC code for "no gay marriage and no abortions ), "entrepreneurship", religion, and "Latinos". And he did so effectively.

Someone earlier said we could run Affleck... that's not gonna work. Somebody call Johnny Depp... we're in trouble....

~Heff

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Think positive. The US finally has a ruling monarchy with a soon-to-be royal bloodline...

Which makes sense actually since you're a republic with a senate and everything, pretty much like Rome, so it's only logical that you become now a despotic monarchy!

I'm not saying you're like... 1000 years too late, but... monarchy is a step in evolution, we all went through that in europe

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
There is no way in the world I want to set my sights toward 2016 right now - but fate ( and the AP news feed ) have forced my hand.

Speculation has already been running amok about who the Republicans might seek to field as a POTUS or VP candidate four years from now - and I think I might have found an answer...

DALLAS (AP) -- A Texas official says a nephew of former President George W. Bush has made a campaign filing that is required for someone to run for office in his home state.

Tim Sorrells, general counsel for the Texas Ethics Commission, says George P. Bush filed a campaign treasurer appointment on Wednesday. Sorrells told The Associated Press on Thursday night the document is required for someone to become a candidate under campaign finance law.

Source

Anyone keeping track of the logistics and details will see that this guy is a real threat. First off, he's a Bush. and not just a Bush... a freaking George Bush. A name that already has seen two men into the White House. But here's the real kicker...

He is half Mexican

That large, and growing Hispanic vote that the Republicans covet so dearly but cannot figure out how to land? They might have just nailed it down...

George Prescott Garnica Bush (born April 24, 1976) is an attorney, U.S. Navy Reserve officer and real estate developer. He is the eldest son of former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, the nephew of former President George W. Bush, and the namesake grandson of former President George H. W. Bush. George Prescott is also named for his great-grandfather, Senator Prescott Bush.

Bush's mother, Columba Garnica Gallo, is a naturalized citizen of the U.S. originally from Mexico. Bush attended Gulliver Preparatory School in Miami and was a classmate to popular musical artist Enrique Iglesias. Bush earned an undergraduate degree from Rice University in 1998 and a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Texas School of Law in 2003.

Source

Folks... if I were writing a script - and was trying to find the ultimate foil to the Democratic advantage? This guy would be what I'd dream up... Only this one is real!

The fact that most Dems are rooting for Hillary to take the plunge next cycle just got negated in a major way. In my opinion - this guy might just be the Kryptonite to take any viable Dem down. If this kid has speaking skills? It's a whole new ball game.

So, apologies ATS... I know we all wanted a rest for a year or two before 2016 became an issue. But time waits for no man... and this man is going to be HUGE news in the near future I think. Since we pride ourselves on being first? Here it is!

~Heff

edit on 11/8/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/8/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

I can tell you right now that no bush, with or without the actual Bush surname, will ever win office in the White House ever again!... At least not in our lifetimes!if Romney himself could not distance himself from bush, and neither did McCain, do you actually believe America would be stupid enough to vote in another bush?

Hell no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CAMale

That seems to be a thing that has been stated a few times so far. To address the question directly:

Yes, I think that a person named Bush could easily win high office in the United States. In fact even his uncle George outscored Mitt Romney in a Blo omberg poll just over one month ago.

or all the talk about whether Mitt Romney should distance himself from George W. Bush –and the policies of the last GOP White House — a new survey shows that the former president actually has better favorability ratings than the Republican nominee.

A Bloomberg News National Poll released Wednesday has Bush receiving a favorable rating from 46 percent of those surveyed and an unfavorable rating from 49 percent. That’s compared to Romney’s 43 percent favorable and 50 percent unfavorable.

Bush also fared better than Vice President Joe Biden (42 percent favorable, 45 percent unfavorable) and the Republican Party as a whole (41 percent favorable, 46 percent unfavorable).

That is raw public opinion with no money or effort being spent upon perception modification. Any PR firm - even one run by ineffectual dolts - could tap into the nearly 100% approval rating that George W. had in 2001, play the George Sr connection to the conservative messiah, Ronald Reagan - and then package this younger George as a renaissance man - a Bush for a new world, a new generation, and a new America.

Unless there is a HUGE skeleton in this kids closet... he is a real power and a future force to be reckoned with. This is the Bush version of John Kennedy Jr - only without the baggage that Jon Jon had.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

reply to post by Rockdisjoint

It means his Mother was born in Mexico.....

Moreover it means that he's going to have a shot at capturing a much wider demographic than this cycles POTUS and VP candidates were capable of.

~Heff

Do you really believe that Mexicans/Hispanics are void of any substance that they would vote for these ridiculously audacious elitists just because he is a coconut (brown on the outside and white on the inside)?.?

If so then that belief is as absurd as the Bush family policies world views and the fact that they got away with it!!!
Oh and also as absurd as the fact that about 30-40% of Americans hate Obama so much regardless of his policies that they would rather see Dubya in office for a third term than Obama ... And that is beyond absurd!!!!!!!!!
That is borderline insanity

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
From all the other sources I have read; Jeb Bush is going to run...the last thing this country needs is any more Bush influence in the White House. 20 years of it was more than enough for all time to come.

8 years pulling Reagan's strings; Iran Contra etc. Ollie saved their asses; then got pardoned
4 years in office Time to attack Iraq
8 years break Clinton working out those 12 years of kinks.
8 years of Sr. Bush pulling Jr. Bush strings; Time to attack Afghanistan and Iraq
4 years of Obama not working to undo Bush damage.
4 years ???
2016...another Bush? America cannot afford the damage this family does to it.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The new Bush does seem to have a lot going for him except for one thing; zero political experience or base to work from.

Politics require that you build a strong base in a local district. After that you MUST be able to create such a following that no other candidate can even think about unseating you. That takes more than four years usually. Very few politicians have been able to overcome that challenge in a short amount of time. I really don`t see this guy being a factor for a while. Crazier things have happen but the chances of this guy on the national GOP ticket for President of the United States is a bit of a long shot.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I'm not going on record quite yet and calling it... but fellas, pay attention to the ladies in the thread. So far George III is batting 1000 with them...

Don't underestimate this fact - it got Clinton and Obama both over the hump.

George III is, IMO, one good national speech away from being a viable potential candidate. If he's well spoken and charismatic? Who knows.

My gut is usually good about these things.

~Heff

I have to laugh at this. The man is a cutie so I will probably have to close my eyes when I hear him talk so I can actually listen to what he says. Keeping my eyes open might be alittle distracting!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreebirdGirl

I'm not going on record quite yet and calling it... but fellas, pay attention to the ladies in the thread. So far George III is batting 1000 with them...

Don't underestimate this fact - it got Clinton and Obama both over the hump.

George III is, IMO, one good national speech away from being a viable potential candidate. If he's well spoken and charismatic? Who knows.

My gut is usually good about these things.

~Heff

Not so fast Heff he might have a whiney voice. That would kill the sale.

Oh my God, that is too funny!! And, yes, that would definitely turn some people off.
edit on 10-11-2012 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnaChispa
That would be crazy if Jeb ran for office with his son as his VP.

Not just crazy, but crazy insane, which does seem to be where our country is headed.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Have to say this is kind of scary.

I absolutely get why a "half mexican" bush is even scarier (for electoral demographic purposes).

Hopefully this doesn't happen.

Somebody start examining his photos to see if you can spot a "666" anywhere on the head.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Seems I'm not the only one who feels the disturbance in the force....

Another member of the Bush family — Jeb’s son George P. Bush, 36 — appears ready to enter Texas politics

The 36-year-old nephew of former President George W. Bush filed paperwork necessary for candidates hoping to run for office in Texas this week, adding fuel to the speculative fire over the Republican’s aspirations for office.

It looks like George Bush is trying to run for office in Texas.
George P. Bush, that is.
The 36-year-old nephew of former President George W. Bush filed paperwork necessary for candidates hoping to run for office in Texas this week, adding fuel to the speculative fire over the Republican’s aspirations for office.
As the son of former Florida Governor Jeb Bush and his Mexican-born wife, née Columba Garnica Gallo, the lawyer and veteran once deployed to Afghanistan has become a rising star in the Republican Party, battered Tuesday from from a presidential election many say was lost in part to the GOP’s inability to woo the Latino vote.

Source

Look familiar? Remind anyone of anything??? It does me...

Somebody might wanna call Samuel Jackson and Yoda... Oh, and hide the Younglings....

~Heff

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
next election will be christie vs clinton

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

If Christie can't lose some poundage before 2016 he will be soundly beat. Not trying to sound shallow here but the man looks disgusting. Clinton as least looks reasonably healthy. A lot of people aren't going to say it but, they would be subconsciously thinking it.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol
reply to post by ripcontrol

forgot one thing...

governor of texas is up in two years I believe.... might be considering running for governor

This is the more likely route to the presidency for this younger Bush, first governor of Texas in 2014, then maybe presidency by 2020 or 2014 cuz he's too young right now. He'll only be 40 in 2016. Also, I think Jeb Bush may be more involved in the 2016 race before his son, and the Republican answer to the hispanic vote in 2016 is Marco Rubio!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

It's the way things swing the US. I can't imagine it being any different and working out for us. We depend on both parties getting some action. It's a shaky but persevering trait.
edit on 10-11-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

He is someone to keep an eye on but I don't see it happening in 2016. Marco Rubio is the guy to watch for as far as the Republican ticket in 2016 I believe.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join