'Next Bush' Makes Campaign Filing In Texas - The Manchurian Bush???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+9 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
There is no way in the world I want to set my sights toward 2016 right now - but fate ( and the AP news feed ) have forced my hand.

Speculation has already been running amok about who the Republicans might seek to field as a POTUS or VP candidate four years from now - and I think I might have found an answer...

DALLAS (AP) -- A Texas official says a nephew of former President George W. Bush has made a campaign filing that is required for someone to run for office in his home state.

Tim Sorrells, general counsel for the Texas Ethics Commission, says George P. Bush filed a campaign treasurer appointment on Wednesday. Sorrells told The Associated Press on Thursday night the document is required for someone to become a candidate under campaign finance law.

Source

Anyone keeping track of the logistics and details will see that this guy is a real threat. First off, he's a Bush. and not just a Bush... a freaking George Bush. A name that already has seen two men into the White House. But here's the real kicker...

He is half Mexican

That large, and growing Hispanic vote that the Republicans covet so dearly but cannot figure out how to land? They might have just nailed it down...

George Prescott Garnica Bush (born April 24, 1976) is an attorney, U.S. Navy Reserve officer and real estate developer. He is the eldest son of former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, the nephew of former President George W. Bush, and the namesake grandson of former President George H. W. Bush. George Prescott is also named for his great-grandfather, Senator Prescott Bush.

Bush's mother, Columba Garnica Gallo, is a naturalized citizen of the U.S. originally from Mexico. Bush attended Gulliver Preparatory School in Miami and was a classmate to popular musical artist Enrique Iglesias. Bush earned an undergraduate degree from Rice University in 1998 and a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Texas School of Law in 2003.

Source

Folks... if I were writing a script - and was trying to find the ultimate foil to the Democratic advantage? This guy would be what I'd dream up... Only this one is real!

The fact that most Dems are rooting for Hillary to take the plunge next cycle just got negated in a major way. In my opinion - this guy might just be the Kryptonite to take any viable Dem down. If this kid has speaking skills? It's a whole new ball game.

So, apologies ATS... I know we all wanted a rest for a year or two before 2016 became an issue. But time waits for no man... and this man is going to be HUGE news in the near future I think. Since we pride ourselves on being first? Here it is!

~Heff
edit on 11/8/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)
edit on 11/8/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
i was sure you were going to say jeb bush then...

after athread i saw here somewhere saying they knew romney wouldnt win but they wanted to run jeb next

little too soon!

**edit to add**

also .. another bush eh? is it just me or is there too many bushes in too many places of power in your country?
edit on 8-11-2012 by okamitengu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

Yeah!

When I clicked on the link in the raw feed I fully expected it to say Jeb. But this kid... this is like the Manchurian candidate Bush! George and Prescott both in his name? Half Hispanic? Totally different look than the previous Bush Presidents? Good looking kid I think... dark haired and dark skinned? He's got the Bush legacy, Obama level charisma ( potentially ) - and the Hispanic vote???

This is like being in a bar fight - and winning - and then noticing that the biker gang is headed your way... and they look angry!

Democratic Defcon 5!

~Heff

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Heff, thanks for that bucket of ice cold water. I was just about to go to sleep nice and cozy-like after finally getting my electricity back after Sandy. Now, I'll be lucky if I don't have nightmares of a Hispanic G. W. running around my head laughing that insane laugh of his. But, we should wait and see what his politics are like, right? Or am I okay to assume the family name Bush says it all?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BishopNGreen

I am furiously Googling - but so far information is scant.

The best guess is that he's From the same school of thought as his Dad, Uncle, and Grandfather.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

He is half Mexican

What does that even mean?

One half of him was born in Mexico, the other half in the States?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

It means his Mother was born in Mexico.....

Moreover it means that he's going to have a shot at capturing a much wider demographic than this cycles POTUS and VP candidates were capable of.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Ooooo...posting just so I can come back to this in four years when I find out you are dead on correct and called it. Great find and yeah I would not doubt if this was the beginning of his political training for potential POTUS bid. He may be a bit young for 2016 but I am sure he is part of the plan. If he wasn't approached about it prior then he obviously knows what kind of support he can get with the name and ethnicity....this kid is like gold.

Nice find!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

It means his Mother was born in Mexico.....
~Heff

He was born in the U.S though, so he's American. My father was born in Sweden, but no one calls me half Swedish.

Moreover it means that he's going to have a shot at capturing a much wider demographic than this cycles POTUS and VP candidates were capable of.

Not really, he's a republican.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
the ground rumors on that side of the family are this

JEB told daddy where to go when he met the man in questions mother...

my understand he quit yale then went to princeton
and married who he wanted to
(supposedly walked away and risked money and support)

its why his brother was president and he was only governor

That independent streak might be in the DNA if true....

if it is I get to hear in four years all the dems cry... sarcastic yeah.... however yes his mother was the first lady of florida for a little bit of time...

I do not think he is like his uncle... I think he has more of his granddaddy and great granddaddy's tude and brains...so your right the republican party might toss him up for the nod

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

forgot one thing...

governor of texas is up in two years I believe.... might be considering running for governor

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Only if that demographic is stupid enough to vote for another Bush.

George P. is too young and even in 2016, will not be old enough to qualify as a president.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

He is 36 currently - that's a year older than is required.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

It doesn't matter.

If YOU would support ANOTHER Bush, then I question YOUR sanity.

Period.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

You don't read many of my posts.... do you?

I am not a Republican and would only vote for a Republican if he was considerably different than anything that has come along in a very long time.

Knowing who the other party might put up is of primacy in politics - thus this thread.

Oh, and question my sanity - my shrink certainly does.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Well forgive me if your posts sounded enthusiastic about another Bush.

I'm sure some are.

I'm not even thinking about 2016. I expect a repeat of Clinton's second term and if this means another Bush coming along to wreck it, then there will be no reason to vote in 2016!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
That would be crazy if Jeb ran for office with his son as his VP.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
You would think the Repubs would at least consider running Chris Christie, since he is the only viable (read, sane) Republican out there who can appeal to moderates, but then again, this is the GOP we're talking about and Manchurian Bush does fit their M.O. Who knows? Maybe it'll be George P. Bush and Jeb Bush on the same ticket...?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Here a Bush there a Bush everywhere a Bush Bush!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Ah, the irony... I've posted a thread that could be seen as a positive opinion about the GOP - and not a single one of the conservatives I debate with showed up to gloat.

A third George Bush in the White House.... 41, 43, 45.... it's got that weird symmetry that history sometimes has. Those patterns that people look back upon and think "Well, duh... They should have seen that coming..."

~Heff

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join