It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Posters of ATS: A message

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I have seen an attempt to reach out to the Conservative brethren on this site. I applaud these efforts, truly they are kind and undoubtedly helpful on a subjective level; however, it is that subjective level that seems to muddle the situation even more. Our political discourse has been at record highs over the past two days. Liberals have been giving suggestions on how to allow the GOP to recover from this victory and remain relevant in the years to come...but the suggestions come off as condescending and preachy due to ideological gaps and subjective analysis of fact. Therefore, the situation becomes that much more strained between ATS members.

Liberals of ATS, you, like everyone else, are able to see what is occurring within a specific party. Even elements of that party are stoking civil war within their own ranks. Liberals of ATS, do not mock or aid in this situation. Do not give suggestions or advice. Allow whatever happens to that specific ideology to run its course. Fox news has said it, Msnbc has said it, and CNN has said it...the liberals of ATS don't need to say it again. There are obvious changes that are necessary for the GOP to remain relevant, but we need not repeat them or coax members to take that ideological path. Liberals of ATS, you must simply stand back. Allow the fire to burn. Do not provide pails, water, or a torrential flood of advice. You will get burned.

Instead, stand back, and allow the flames to simply be. The Conservatives will make their bed as they please, successful or not.

This is the best option for civility on ATS to continue. We must, by all means, allow civility to have a chance on ATS.

It's a suggestion...but if you like it, follow it.
Good luck to you all, Liberal, Conservative, Reptilian, and Rothschild.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Thank you.
If I figure out how you will get my first flag. LOL.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
No offense to your thread OP but, I wish we could just have one Politic free day on ATS.
We could have the new topics board full of Reptilian threads, objects by the Sun threads or even Chupacabra threads but nohoho politics /cry

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Might I ask a simple question

Why is civility a requirement?

What in my opinion is being discussed is huge differences in opinions about several things

1)what is wrong with this country

2) how to fix what is wrong in this country

3) source of what is wrong with this country

The suggestion of civility is seemingly tossed around as a means to quite opposition... I applaud your efforts and assume they are genuine from your previous post...

The human animal, being what it is, however it is what I bet on... in crunch situations most people go to the old stand byes versus morals...

Of note, the suggestion of just watching might, nay should be followed... Seems a slight disagreement is emerging in the elephants party...

Fingers got pointed today by some people at the party leaders, point blank for being morons... I am watching to see how this particular thing plays out...

s and f

edit on 8-11-2012 by ripcontrol because: newspeak is not freespeak

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Why civility? Because it would be nice to argue a position with levity and grace rather than name calling and teeht baring. It is my hope that people tone it down a bit, due to hos quickly things are escalating. I want to watch it all happen, but I am starting to feel that direct participation is helping no one.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The death stench of the GOP is getting stronger

Can we atleast bring some shovels and bags of lime?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
The death stench of the GOP is getting stronger

Can we atleast bring some shovels and bags of lime?

Wanna try agian?

Forget the landslide victory in 2010 in the House?

Forget Scott Walker winning the recall election?

The way I see it the Gop is 2 for 3.

Then go look at the 59 million plus Americans who did not vote for the current potus.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I like the new Avatar, by the way.

It looks really cool.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I have come to see that Liberals and Conservatives are the way they are probably not for reasons of thought but for reasons of attitude. It's almost like two different personality types. So in a sense when you are trying to bridge the gap (from either direction), its impossible to do rationally...its more of a psychological condition, like two people with radically different brain-structures. You run into the same problems you do with the "war of the sexes": Notice how neither males or females can ever agree on some things no matter how hard they try...

I think the political divide has been cleverly exploited by psychologically aware psychopaths so that they have created two parties that cater to radically different personality types. Not only do they cater to these types; in a sense they create and imprison people within these mutually exclusive mental paradigms.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
reply to post by neo96

I like the new Avatar, by the way.

It looks really cool.

agree with this

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Our ideas on solutions are so vastly different, that a paradigm shift to either side would be a massive shift in values and principles.

Allow us to agree to disagree.

Getting all "preachy" to conservatives about how to think and vote is not a good approach.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

perhaps using some of that grace and civility, open up more of a dialogue... or perhaps curb the fanatic counterparts in the liberals... the recent behavior they displayed towards some independents here at ATS is, how shall we say, a stain on liberals everywhere

however incivility does have its moments especially when the above occurs...

I am not conservative but might I suggest starting the conversation

the country needs all hands on deck and the ones running the present conversations lack, well trustworthiness..

The simple factor of the conversation needs to start with a simple premise...

Does everyone agree to keep talking honestly and not hold back while at the time maintaining respect...

not say throwing accusations out, or shall we say a tendency of a few here to say well you said this in this thread and that makes you this...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I think that another four years will bring us all closer together as a people when the true results of this election are understood by all Americans. That makes me hopeful for a delayed but better future. Hopefully the country can weather the storm and find sunshine once more.

Until then Thelma and Louise (sp) have floored the gas pedal.
edit on 8-11-2012 by Phoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Instead, stand back, and allow the flames to simply be.

Can we at least bring marshmallows?

If it is going to burn anyway, we should at least get some enjoyment out of it.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
No offense to your thread OP but, I wish we could just have one Politic free day on ATS.
We could have the new topics board full of Reptilian threads, objects by the Sun threads or even Chupacabra threads but nohoho politics /cry

Amen to that! We can have more missed time threads and alternate reality jumping and how NZ AND AUS AREN'T IN THEIR RIGHTFUL PLACE I LOVE THOSE THREADS!!! YAY
edit on 8-11-2012 by ldyserenity because: add

edit on 8-11-2012 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

Well, I don't have medical insurance for my wife and I. We make too much to qualify for medicaid and too little to have enough to purchase it on our own. When Obamacare goes into effect and when they try to penalize me for not having insurance via taxes and I refuse to pay punitive taxes for nothing more than existing as a citizen of the USA, federal agents will come for me. I don't think I will feel any closer to the President, his party and liberals as I am hold up in my house because I didn't pay my existence tax.
edit on 8-11-2012 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Yeah it does.

Anyway -- I'm down if ya'all are. I don't want to wind em' up too much. I actually like about half of the things they claim to stand for.

I'm rooting for Megan McCain!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

and how NZ AND AUS AREN'T IN THEIR RIGHTFUL PLACE I LOVE THOSE THREADS!!! YAY

I remember seeing a thread or two like that, it was very entertaining, to say the least.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

How about you STOP baiting liberals and MOVE ON?

Hmm?

The sooner we all stop going at each other's throats, the sooner we can sober up to the reality ahead of us.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Everybody needs to remember that the issues have not changed.

The makeup of Washington is still the same.

The Republicans gained some seats in the House.

The Administration is of course stronger and possibly more dangerous than ever.

I think many Liberals are celebrating from a victory and may be assuming reality will disappear.

Republicans in Congress must be careful not to fall for the accelerated hoodwinking by Democrats.

The blame game isn't over.

Liberals will step up the efforts to craft legislation and proposals to make any "nay" votes easier to have the "look and feel" of shame and against the public.

Many of those filibusters in the Senate actually had merits but the "blame game" was pushed and very convincing.

The Liberal media of course will continue to spike the ball. The Conservative media will continue to expose the discrepancies.

I kinda remember the same talk after the 2008 elections.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join