It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ants - Only one at a time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
For the past month, every single night - I have been seeing a single ant crawl across either my computer screen or my iPhone screen (while in use).

At first I thought maybe my kids had left food out on the desk where I keep the computer, but it happens with such predictable regularity that I'm now thinking it 'means something'

There is never any more than one single ant. It always crawls across the screen of the phone or laptop while it is in use. It is always at night before I go to bed.

Everything is clean, and I do not ever see ants in my house otherwise.

So really....what the heck? Any ant-conspiracy-theories? Or, should I just improve my housekeeping?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cassp83

A very intelligent ant, who enjoys reading the same things you do....

Des

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
They are like cockroaches... the one you see, the thousands you don't.

Then again, perhaps the government has moved on from secret mosquito spy-drones, to ants?

Happy thoughts.

edit on 8-11-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
This old Queenslander house we live in is practically held together by ants, they've inhabited the space that the termites left once they were done munching, but they don't bother us.
We even share our water with them, I give the lid a tap for them to move on before I pour. We have rain water in bottles on the shelf.

Dynamic little characters
Incidentally gheckos crawl the walls as well

Even had a starling fly in the back door and scout around the kichen, brazen as you please, cheeky thing.

Nothing wrong with a bit of outside inside

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
They may be domesticating you like dogs and cats did to us.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It's nothing to lose sleep over. I think they are scouts looking for food.

There is only one way to stop them. First, kidnap the queen and hold her ransom until her colony goes back to the Bowles of Hell in which they came from. Then you must publicly execute her and display her body parts on the four corners of your domain.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I used to get that. Ants, one at a time. On the wall or desk tho, not my screen.

I get those tiny flies that walk around tho, and I hit them with the mouse cursor and they always jump out of the way.

heyy.. get off...

.. damn thing...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
tomorrow's payday - off to buy some RAID!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
As someone said above I'd imagine it's a scout looking for food and I would add that it could be attracted to the em field produced by your electronics. Hopefully they aren't the crazy raspberry ant they are apparently fond of wrecking computers.

I think maybe these ants are more easily attracted to electronics than our native species here in the states because the tropical locations they come from have less electronic pollution so when they get accidentaly brought here they are more easily confused by the new onslaught of electromagnetic information.

So anyway yeah I'd go with Raid.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by cassp83

You must have something sugary sweet just inside the glass of the monitor. This will draw ants. Here is a link to an inside the monitor cleaner. No downloads. Just make sure to expand the youtube clip before starting, so all of the inside can be cleaned.

Inside the Monitor Cleaner

Hope this helps!

top topics

join