It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Mulls Deep-Space Station on Moon's Far Side.. Ready for new lies?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Here is the link:
www.space.com...

I really hope India or China will make it first and tell the truth , before NASA will destroy any evidences of the ancient buildings, and "working" mines etc...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MagyarVagyok

As much as I'd like to believe there is a base on the dark side of the moon, I've never seen any evidence to it's validity. Perchance, you have some info, I've not heard of yet.....

Des

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I didn't say "BASE".

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagyarVagyok

I didn't say "BASE".

I think, as you claimed ancient buildings, and a working mine, qualify as a base on the moon. It's not like it has an Earth atmosphere...so any operation on the moon would be a base.

What is a base to you....

Des
edit on 8-11-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Here is the link:
www.space.com...

I really hope India or China will make it first and tell the truth , before NASA will destroy any evidences of the ancient buildings, and "working" mines etc...

It would have been preferable if you had posted the news and kept your conspiracy views to yourself. Do you have "evidences" of anything on the moon other than natural features? Since you won't answer my question I'll do it for you: "Of course I don't".

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Ok, call it for base , I thought you meant "military bases" . Anyway I thought you saw enough evidences , or questionable photos of buildings on the moon, blurred out by NASA , if not you are at the right place , just look it up.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

As much as I'd like to believe there is a base on the dark side of the moon, I've never seen any evidence to it's validity. Perchance, you have some info, I've not heard of yet.....

Des

You missed the meaning of the thread's title: NASA is considering teaming up with other nations to build a station on the moon's far side to make it easier for deep-space probes.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Ok, call it for base , I thought you meant "military bases" . Anyway I thought you saw enough evidences , or questionable photos of buildings on the moon, blurred out by NASA , if not you are at the right place , just look it up.

You are making the claims, you provide the evidence, don't tell others to look for it. And stop making silly claims, you have no evidence of any buildings outside of earth let alone that NASA blurred them. Come up with something new, that's been done to death!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

Des

You missed the meaning of the thread's title: NASA is considering teaming up with other nations to build a station on the moon's far side to make it easier for deep-space probes.

I was addressing the point of the OP claiming there were already ancient buildings and working mines on the moon, right now. It's a nice fantasy...but no proof exists that it's true. Look what happened to Hoagyland...he went nuts seeing things that don't exist.....

Des

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Here is the link:
www.space.com...

I really hope India or China will make it first and tell the truth

You really don't believe China would tell the truth do you

Just as the emperors ruled by issuing edicts to the masses below and ensured obedience by keeping them ill-informed, today’s Chinese government officials keep a tight grip on the flow of information, making transparency and government accountability nearly impossible. For example, only because of international berating did the government allow more open reporting of the deadly Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome, or “SARS” epidemic virus a few years ago.

www.ctfog.org...
India,, No,, no one would talk there either.
You want the truth? Catch a ride

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
It's FAR side of the moon guys.....far side

The "Dark Side of the Moon" is a Pink Floyd album

And after reading the article I still don't see the benefit of parking a space station there

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Read the piece carefully, it's NOT a station ON the far side of the moon, it's a space station far from the moon, in an earth-moon Lagrange point, L3, I believe.

CORRECTION: It's the L2 point.

edit on 9-11-2012 by JimOberg because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

L5 (Lagrange 5) is the gravity-equilibrium point, I believe, where O'neill, et al, had hoped to base a station (or habitat, as the ca$e may be). That never came to be (as far as the masses know, eh? And TPTB? Nah... I don't think so). But I don't think this is what MagyarVan is referring to, anyway - but I'm not quite sure.

The far side of the moon ("dark" only part of the time from an Earth observer's perspective), as most on ATS are well aware, is rife with rumors and speculation (but little to no empirical evidence) regarding established "bases" or "stations" on the moon's surface. I don't think that is what our Hungarian friend is referring to either - again not sure yet.

The L2 point referred to in the Space.com article is a feasible alternative for planning a 'jump-off' toward subsequent operations, but this too seems highly speculative:

I suppose the dreamers can dream. O'neill did. We have. Why not NASA and the Ruskies?

Ha kapsz egy jegyet az űrállomásra, kérlek vigyél magaddal...

edit on 11/8/2012 by Outrageo because:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Des

I was addressing the point of the OP claiming there were already ancient buildings and working mines on the moon, right now. It's a nice fantasy...but no proof exists that it's true. Look what happened to Hoagyland...he went nuts seeing things that don't exist.....

Des

But the OP did not claim "there were already ancient buildings and working mines on the moon", you assumed he did. He was only mentioning NASA's new plans as mentioned in a news report, not that they acknowledge that there is any alien activity there. The OP got carried away and instead of just mentioning the news he let us know he's a conspiracist who believes there are structures on the moon and NASA is going to destruct them.

edit on 9-11-2012 by The Shrike because: To add comment.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
reply to post by JimOberg

L5 (Lagrange 5) is the gravity-equilibrium point, I believe, where O'neill, et al, had hoped to base a station (or habitat, as the ca$e may be). That never came to be (as far as the masses know, eh? And TPTB? Nah... I don't think so). But I don't think this is what MagyarVan is referring to, anyway - but I'm not quite sure.

The far side of the moon ("dark" only part of the time from an Earth observer's perspective), as most on ATS are well aware, is rife with rumors and speculation (but little to no empirical evidence) regarding established "bases" or "stations" on the moon's surface. I don't think that is what our Hungarian friend is referring to either - again not sure yet.

The L2 point referred to in the Space.com article is a feasible alternative for planning a 'jump-off' toward subsequent operations, but this too seems highly speculative:

I suppose the dreamers can dream. O'neill did. We have. Why not NASA and the Ruskies?

Ha kapsz egy jegyet az űrállomásra, kérlek vigyél magaddal...

edit on 11/8/2012 by Outrageo because:

You said "(but little to no empirical evidence)". How about no evidence, period.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
First of all the article never makes the suggestion that the new space station would be ON the Moon. It says that the space station would be positioned at the Earth Moon Libration point.

This is a point in space, which would be out beyond the orbit of the Moon. There are actually several possible EML in the case of the Moon. Near as I can make out, these points are chosen because they are in an area where the combination of gravity effects, from the Earth and the Moon, are cancelled out, to create an eddy, or area of calm almost. These EML offer good positions to observe the Moon, the Earth, and offer an ideal place to launch missions from in the future!

At least, thats what my flu ridden brain thinks of it.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Here is the link:
www.space.com...

Here fill your boots Hoaxland & Lear claimed factories, quarries,roads, tanks,buildings, bridges and machines on the near side of the Moon as well look at the John Lear thread pick one of his claimed locations some are bound to be on this link LRO Target Map.

If you are not sure what to do look here this will explain how to use it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lets us know what you DON'T find!!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

It would have been preferable if you had posted the news and kept your conspiracy views to yourself.

Seriously? So what your saying is that members are allowed to post news but are not allowed to discuss it? Seriously?

You have me confused

Spiro

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiro

It would have been preferable if you had posted the news and kept your conspiracy views to yourself.

Seriously? So what your saying is that members are allowed to post news but are not allowed to discuss it? Seriously?
You have me confused
Spiro
You have all the right to discuss
I think I know what he/she is referring to. Generally people assume that anything one posts on ATS (which is a conspiracy theory website) has to have a conspiracy angle to it. However if you look under the FORUM, there are news, discussion and other sections in addition to Conspiracy Theories themselves. I feel the same way when folks try to interject conspiracy theory into a news article. It happens...its how we think on ATS (skepticism).

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Well you don't need to agree with me , I don't care, really don't. Not I am the first one who mentioned it is movements, lights, in-out from the moon, buildings, etc. So I really don't get it why you jumped on me.. I just want to share a news, and I put my couple thoughts about it, like everybody does in the ATS. It is a new "nowhere going project" from Nasa, and they will definitely will do something else there what they saying , so this is my opinion. What is wrong with that? I thought this is ATS, not FOX forum ...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join