It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was followed by a Crane today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I was at my Significant Other's Job helping him out today at work. I always go to the store to get him his lotto scratch offs and went there for three times by the time this started. First let me start by saying my Significant other had gotten a pic of this same crane last week as it stood and watched him work for some reason I wasn't there that day, anyway going on with my story, so the third time I was walking back and singing and when I was nearing the site he was working at the crane flew very low almost colliding with me and stood about two feet from me where it landed. It stood there until I went to go back to the store to get my honey another scratch off and then it flew up to a neighboring house roof on the side of the street the store is on (opposite from the building that my honey is working on). Well when I came back the bird again came swooping down to sit by the building where we were working to wtch me some more, it did this a couple times and almost came right up, like within a foot from me, to me when my honey went off to the storage building to get some panels and meter pans etc for work. But when he returned the bird backed up a few more feet again. It was the weirdest thing and my honey now says I have animal powers lol.
I read some on the crane and what it portends and it says joy and happiness etc.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Cool.

(Somebody will come along and say something intelligent in a minute.)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
was it frasier crane?

that would be creepy!

its probably been fed scraps by someone coming in or out of the store,
its looking for a free feed
edit on 8-11-2012 by okamitengu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I guess not......

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I was wondering how you could have had a crane following you around and then saw that you
were talking about the "flying bird type" of crane.... I'm probably alone on this one, but I was
dumbfounded for a minute.

Just one question....did you or your husband have fish for breakfast?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
It could be that the crane is the reincarnated soul of a past acquaintance or a pet that has passed on.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

What if it's a dead cat.

Wouldn't it suck to come back as a bird if you are afraid 2 fly?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Mating season?
2nd

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

That would be creepy, lol.

Yeah it may have been fed scraps accept when we tried to feed it chips it didn't eat them...also it was entirely white no other marking on it usually the images I have seen show ones with black or red by thier eyes, but this one had nothing like that.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

No, no fish, we thought maybe it was attracted to the papaya I was picking earlier but tried to feed it that and it wouldn't eat that either.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I've read up some more on the myths of cranes and one thing they are believed to be are messengers between the immortals (gods) and the mortal to pass on wisdom, in Egypt the 2 headed crane flew over the Nile to signify the prosperous time coming, two seperate groups created a dance and in a couple of religions they are akin to some Goddesses. (Crane (bird))
edit on 8-11-2012 by ldyserenity because: close parenthesis

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
reply to post by happykat39

What if it's a dead cat.

Wouldn't it suck to come back as a bird if you are afraid 2 fly?

That would be funny...but this bird flew quite well. LOL

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39
It could be that the crane is the reincarnated soul of a past acquaintance or a pet that has passed on.

Maybe it is as I wrote in another reply they're supposed to be messengers that can travel between the heavens and Earth.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39

Oh sheesh.Or it could be that its just a bird.And they do that kinda thing. There's a whole mess of them where I live and they do exactly what the OP described.Sounds to me like they're just used to people.Probably expecting food.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenitylol.
I read some on the crane and what it portends and it says joy and happiness etc.

um.. was it holdin' a cloth bag in it's beak with a baby inside... ?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Here is a link to some wisdom about cranes as a spirit animal and the meaning of when it comes into you life:

"When a crane comes into your life as a spirit teacher or totem you are being asked to use your past as a source of strength in the present.

Cranes appear in the lives of people who are well served by some degree of secrecy in their lives. The crane teaches keeping your own counsel, protection of family, and balance in life above all else.

A crane totem is also a harbinger of long life and success.

People with crane medicine are more revered by others than they imagine, and have long, successful lives. They are protective, wise, and gracious. They choose their battles carefully, choosing quiet wisdom and privacy over aggression.

An encounter with a crane is a powerful experience. You are being asked to look inward, show fairness to all persons, and protect your wisdom while sharing it in appropriate ways. In short, you are being shown the way to balance and good fortune."

Spirit Animal Crane

edit on 9-11-2012 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Native American story of "The frogs and the Crane"
www.ilhawaii.net...

A totem can be the symbol of a tribe, clan, family or individual. Native American tradition provides that each individual is connected with nine different animals that will accompany each person through life, acting as guides. Different animal guides come in and out of our lives depending on the direction that we are headed and the tasks that need to be completed along our journey.

Native beliefs further explain that a totem animal is one that is with you for life, both in the physical and spiritual world. Though people may identify with different animal guides throughout their lifetimes, it is this one totem animal that acts as the main guardian spirit.

The Crane:

Solitude, justice, longevity, independent, intelligent, and vigilant

www.legendsofamerica.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

They may do that sort of thing where you live, I've never seen a bird do that sort of thing my entire life and I lived in three states. He didn't want food, because he would not eat chips we tried to feed him or papaya we tried to feed him. Not only that he did it again today. But today he did something even odder he was across the street at a home directly across from where my hubby works and he was watching those people through their glass door. Where they had their wood or solid door standing open and only the glass door closed. This is an odd bird!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Alchemst7

I certainly hope this is true.
It'd be a definate OPPOSITE of how my life has been going lol.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

That was very intersting information. I always believed in totem animals and spirit guides myself. This isn't the only thing that has happened to me. I had a squirrel come right up to my hands in the park one day and sniff my hand then it ran off after realizing that I had no food. My hubby has always had wild animals come up to him mostly squirrels, and of course the crane before it took interest in me lol. Maybe that it's happening to me now too means that whatever lesson he (my hubby) is in my life for that I have learned it? Maybe like some kind of mile marker?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join