It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinians prepare U.N. upgrade despite U.S., Israel warnings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Palestinians prepare U.N. upgrade despite U.S., Israel warnings

www.reuters.com

The Palestinian Authority circulated a draft resolution to U.N. member states on Wednesday that calls for upgrading its U.N. status to that of an "observer state" despite U.S. and Israeli suggestions that the Palestinians could face retaliatory moves.

The draft resolution also reiterates the Palestinian Authority's commitment to the "two-state solution"

The upgrade could also grant the Palestinians access to bodies like the International Criminal Court in The Hague, where they could file c
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
One really has to ask oneself why the United States and Israel oppose this move so much.

Israel always complains about rockets coming from Gaza.
Well you know?
PA having access to a criminal court where they can file complaints against Israel is a peaceful path is it not?
But what do you expect from a state that can't even complain to a criminal court?
No rockets just flowers and teddy bears???

PA is the one here, the only one, seeking the peaceful route.

It doesn't matter if you are the most pro-Israel person on the planet, you still could not turn a blind eye to this nonsense!!

The United States has also suggested that funding for the Palestinians - and possibly some funding for the United Nations - could be at risk if the Palestinians seek a U.N. upgrade.

Wow!

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
how can you destroy israel with the palestinians in the way.

if they had their own country, well it would be easier to target.

it seems the israeli's are using the palestinians as human shields, knowing that fellow arabs and muslims would hesitate to steam roll over them. maybe a more accurate description would be hostages.

because any invasion of the west bank or israel would lead to a massacre of epic proportions against the paletinians.

if palestinians had their own state, it would also be harder to bring end of world, israel destroyed scenarios because there would be no opportunity for internal uprisings and chaos to mask the true invaders.

it would literally take a country on country attack, leading to massive retaliation.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I think will hear more about palestinian in the next couple of months more so than ever in the media

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

One really has to ask oneself why the United States and Israel oppose this move so much.

Same reason the current government will never let any state succeed from the union.

Would anyone let Texas be a nation unto it's own? Or any other state.

Would the current government let Republicans form their own country?

The Indian tribes never formed their own country did they?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Of course US and Israel are against it. If PA gets UN recognition, then Israel might have to answer for all of the human rights abuses they perpetrate on the Palestinian people. We can't have that now, can we?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
From a prophetic view this ties in perfectly if the resolution does go through. What if through the mutual support and international oversight through the UN, an official “peaceful” resolution could be drawn up between both parties, say for seven years at the very least. It could very easily be stipulated that the past events would be forgiven in a sense so that the PA couldn’t pursue prosecution of War Crimes of past misdeeds. A lot of speculation about the UN’s true agenda is abounding and this breakthrough of an actual Peace Treaty would be groundbreaking!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by itsallmaya

Dream on . It ain't gonna happen . Israel and Iran are going to be going at it soon . Your world will then change big time . Can't explain if you haven't already figured it out .

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

It hinges on security... Hamas and Hezzbullah, in addition to Syria and Iran, do not ercognize Israel as a country. Why should Israel recognize Palestine as a country when those vary groups wont do the same? Why allow them to become a country, knowing Iran and Syria will take advantage and militarize it?

Those 4 groups constantly call for the destruction of ISrael... Why give them an opprotunity to complete it by allowing them to become a nation?

With that being said I dsont count the Palestinian people among those 4 groups. They are being used by those 4 groups for goals that are other than statehood.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The jews run wall street, the jews outsource jobs, the jews contribute the most to the two big parties.

Obama needs to get a pair of balls and push sanctions on israel. Israel is every bit as bad as iran and worse. They have been oppressing the palestinians for decades, dropping phospherous bombs on entire towns and killing thousands as revenge against some home-made rocket attacks. They shoot at ships and take prisoners of people trying to aid the palestinians with normal supplies(food, medicine).

The israeli government is 100% jewish and the iranian government is 100% shiite muslim. There is absolutely no difference between the two. I would say israel has commited more crimes in trying to covertly make israel a jewish state than iran could ever accomplish. Why no war crime arrests and no sanctions against israel? Money and connections. Just ask the rothschilds!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
The jews run wall street, the jews outsource jobs, the jews contribute the most to the two big parties.

The statement above was better in the origonal paranoid german form.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

There is a big difference in the Bible between the two . A lot is going on and is laid out in the bible . There will be a war soon and life on earth will change very much . Wait and see !

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

The statement above was better in the origonal paranoid german form.

I am not a racist. I am just making observations that many have made for hundreds of years. I do not hate jews at all, really I am serious. They are very successful people who by luck and/or hard work have reached a pinnacle in society.

BUT does that entitle them to build walls in israel and to bomb entire neighborhoods that kill 200 palestinians for each 1 israeli killed? Does that also entitle them to conquer all of palestine and make it an apartheid jewish state? I think the answer is no!

Iraqis have been mad. Syrians have been mad. Egyptians have been mad. Turks have been mad. Now Iran! Arabs do not like to see fellow arabs oppressed by anyone. If christians were behind the oppression I am sure they would be mad at christians. Fact of the matter is jews are behind all the oppression in israel/palestine. Before hamas it was the PLO.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

There is a big difference in the Bible between the two . A lot is going on and is laid out in the bible . There will be a war soon and life on earth will change very much . Wait and see !

You want to see a major war erupt in the middle east, that may even go nuclear?

Just because america is A TOTAL SELLOUT to israel?

Do you realise every nation on this planet dislikes israel EXCEPT the usa? Even britain is either neutral or anti-israel.

America needs to take a stand against tyranny soon.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I am not a racist. I am just making observations that many have made for hundreds of years. I do not hate jews at all, really I am serious. They are very successful people who by luck and/or hard work have reached a pinnacle in society.

I never stated you were racist. I merely pointed out those words have been used before to justify actions against Jewish people. Just as it was then, its wrong now, plain and simple.

BUT does that entitle them to build walls in israel and to bomb entire neighborhoods that kill 200 palestinians for each 1 israeli killed? Does that also entitle them to conquer all of palestine and make it an apartheid jewish state? I think the answer is no!

Iraqis have been mad. Syrians have been mad. Egyptians have been mad. Turks have been mad. Now Iran! Arabs do not like to see fellow arabs oppressed by anyone. If christians were behind the oppression I am sure they would be mad at christians. Fact of the matter is jews are behind all the oppression in israel/palestine. Before hamas it was the PLO.

Actually if we look back in history we see Arab nations were the ones who invaded Israel, not the other way around. Gaza and the West Bank, in addition to the Sinai and Golan Heights, were all on the table to be returned. They were captured because of Arab aggression, not Israeli. Egypt accepted a epace treaty and the Siania was returned and demilitarized. Syria refused, hence the Golan heights still being in Israeli control. The West Bank was officially released by Jordan with the caveat it go to the Palestinians should a homeland occur. The Gaza strip held the same criteria.

This is not good enough for Arab nations, who screwed over the palestinian people by using their situation as a pretext for constant war to destroy Israel.

If the arabs are so hot on giving land back, then by all means, ressurect the Ottoman Empire. Thats where the Middle East came from in the first place - their defeat after world war 1.

Get rid of Hamas and Hezzbullah and allow the Palestinian people to actually choose their own destiny for once?

As for the work ethics of Jewish people all I can say is "Arbeit macht frei" may have something to do with that, in the hopes it never happens again.
edit on 9-11-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Do you realise every nation on this planet dislikes israel EXCEPT the usa? Even britain is either neutral or anti-israel.

This is a bit much dont you think? Can you support this statement with facts? As much as you and other wish to blame the US are you fmailiar with the Negroponte Doctrine?

The US is willing to allow the UN to take Israel to task over its actions during the Palestinian conflict. The only requirement set forth is -

A strong and explicit condemnation of all terrorism and incitement to terrorism;
A condemnation by name of the al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigade, Islamic Jihad and Hamas, groups that have claimed responsibility for suicide attacks on Israel;
An appeal to all parties for a political settlement of the crisis;
A demand for improvement of the security situation as a condition for any call for a withdrawal of Israeli armed forces to positions they held before the September 2000 start of the Second intifada.

Interesting people ignore that...

This is not a popularity contest... A lot of nations dislike Iran... even more dislike North Korea.. Does that mean China should be taken to task for being the only nation to support N. Korea?
edit on 9-11-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

That is why I am not pro-iran or pro-palestine. I think both arabs and jews are greedy and want israel/palestine for themselves. Israel simply has more economic muscle and gets its way over palestine. Many more palestinians have been killed and injured than jewish israelis. I don't think anyone can contend this.

Arabs are mad because jews expanded into territory that was never theres to begin with. That created palestinian tent cities for thousands, with no access to water and permanent shelter. No access to basic supplies. Difficult access via checkpoints into and out of palestine. Multiply this over the course of decades and you will see why arabs dislike jews so much.

Israel has made concessions in the past and has been attacked by many arab countries. Israel should have taken their national security more serious and held on to some of the conquered land. Now they can settle for a two state solution or try to absorb palestine with a secular government.

I think both hamas and the non-secular jewish government need to be pressured into making a long lasting deal. The two state solution seems a better option because of the religious fanaticism element. Maybe israel can ask that syria and jordan give some land to the palestinians because israel is already a small country.

The bottom line is this crisis has been left to simmer for too long and will eventually have a terrible outcome for everyone. America is not pressuring israel at all, but to the contrary constantly parroting israel's desire for iran to stop its make-believe nuclear ambitions. It reminds me of iraq and its non-existant nuclear weapons of mass destruction: well a small stock of chemical weapons used on kurds.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The Arabs do not have any interest in peace!!!

They want genocide....that is no more Jews, no more state(Israel), the end.

Any kind of compromise by the state of Israel will be used against them at a latter date by all of Arabdom.

Hehehehe! You like that word I just made up.

There will only be a false peace, if any, ending in a very costly and bloody battle on both sides.

That's when the Lord steps in and finally brings peace to the region.

Just put that in your hat and remember you heard it here, on ATS

www.biblebelievers.org.au...
edit on 9-11-2012 by radpetey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by radpetey
The Arabs do not have any interest in peace!!!

They want genocide....that is no more Jews, no more state(Israel), the end.

Any kind of compromise by the state of Israel will be used against them at a latter date by all of Arabdom.

Not every muslim is a fanatic. Most of the fanatics are shiites. But then we have fanatic jews as well who are equally not interested in peace; orthodox jews.

The weird part is that israel does not have to give up more land. Why should they? They ALREADY have given up plenty of land that they should have not. The public relations department of israel really sucks, it is almost like they enjoy bondage games. a)They should have never built so many walls b)they should have taken the case to the UN or international courts, where a solution would have been reached. Instead they allow hamas to play games and then they over-react to hamas home-made rockets.

Hehehehe! You like that word I just made up.

There will only be a false peace, if any, ending in a very costly and bloody battle on both sides.

That's when the Lord steps in and finally brings peace to the region.

Just put that in your hat and remember you heard it here, on ATS

www.biblebelievers.org.au...
edit on 9-11-2012 by radpetey because: (no reason given)

Most mainstream religions are a farce, including christianity. People are arguing over customs for the most part and then which messiah is better. Really dumb! In reality there are only four religions: a)god b)satan c)agnostic d)atheist

Some would say the last two are not religions and I would agree.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes, the Indian tribes DID in fact create their own... Oh, you're joking. Nvm.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join