It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Election demographics - Why? What does it mean for America?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The 2012 Presidential election revealed a change in the demographics in the US. President Obama won, thanks to the overwhelming support of women, latino, blacks and homosexuals. When doing my personal analysis of this, I asked two questions:

What appeals to these groups that earns their votes? Are these things that appeal to them good for America?

Exit polling showed that for the majority of voters, the economy was the main issue of concern. However, most also considered that President Obama would handle the issue better than Governor Romney. So what is the difference in how the two candidates plan to handle the economy? President Obama has not had a clear and definitive plan on dealing with the economy, but based upon his first term and the democratic party in general, their handling of the economy consists primarily of federal subsidies and social programs and tax increases. Governor Romney's plan consist of cutting spending and clearing obstacles for private business to grow.

Considering these two paths, does the fiscal solvency of the government and economic stability fair better by an increase in increased taxes, spending and borrowing OR by less government spending and freer markets? The majority minority group thinks the former. So why do they think this? Is this actually the case or are they really more persuaded by other issues, but do not want to admit to those issue in exit polls for whatever reason?

I don't think that the economy was the main issue for these groups. I do however think that continued or increased social program spending is a main factor for these groups. This is an issue of personal economy and not the economy as it pertains the the nation. Along with that, there are issues unique to each group that factored significantly.

Women. "Women's Rights" was an issue in this campaign. Republican national candidates blunders regarding rape and abortion didn't sit well with women of any political group. That in conjunction with the campaign claims of attacking women brought Obama the majority vote. The Rights this demographic refers to the legality of abortions, and forcing insurance providers to cover contraception. As of now abortions are legal, so the fear is they will be made illegal. This leaves the issue of forcing insurance providers to cover contraception. There are providers that cover this now. However, the clash between private business and religious organizations that choose coverage that specifically does not cover this is the issue. My opinion: these private contracts are not discriminatory and the government should not be in them. Abortion outside of necessity is a scar on humanity. People should accept the results of their actions and be responsible for the results. Human life should be valued.

Latinos. The latino population has exploded. A significant portion of this is due to illegal immigration over the past 20 years. Illegals marrying with legals and illegals starting families while in the US are to blame for the political views skewing in the Democratic parties favor. It use to be that conservative issues were firmly held by the traditional catholic latinos. However, as the connections between legals and illegals grew in the US, and more and more latinos were benefiting from social welfare programs and education, values went away. Increasingly, more people had a friend or family member or worker who was an illegal. Most of these illegals were kind or hard working so the criminal nature of their presence became insignificant to those whom they were connected socially. Conservatives and Republicans have been vocal against illegal immigration and in favor of deportation. We saw during this course of this election conservatives try to shift away from deportation and more in favor of green cards and pathways to citizenship. Unfortunately for them, the Democratic party had already established dominance on this issue when President Obama declared that they would not deport children of illegals, ignored the illegal aspect of their families and have established a de factor Dream Act. My opinion: People who break laws should be punished. It is sad when the punishment affects the lawbreakers families, but that doesn't matter. If the country is is need of more labor that cannot be found within our own borders, then increasing or creating allowances for bringing in those resources should be made. However, for those who have chosen not to respect the sovereignty of the nation, they should be repatriated.

Blacks. Blacks overwhelmingly supported and voted for President Obama in 2008 and 2012. Despite their population size, a larger ration of blacks are on some form of government support. However, Democracts have always been for government support. So why do more Blacks support Obama than any other Democratic candidate in the past? The answer is simply because he is Black. My opinion: I have known fewer whites who have voted for someone because they were white than I have blacks who voted for someone because they were black. I don't think I could have said that 40-50 years ago, but today I can. Racism by definition isn't about hating a race, but taking pride in one race over another. I would have thought that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.s' words would be taken to heart by blacks above all, but that has not been the case.

Homosexuals. President Obama's action of no longer enforcing Don't Ask Don't Tell and the Defense of Marriage Act had firmly put homosexuals in his court. Liberals have been engaged in normalizing homosexual relationships for many years. Like the issue of illegal immigration, more people have some social connection to a friend, coworker or relative who is homosexual. My Opinion: This change is negatively affecting society, and will build on other similar issue and exponentially bring society to an increasingly amoral end. The government should not be involved historically religious events. The issue becomes primarily one of benefits, which should be nothing more than a contract of which any two adults should be able to enter.

The minority groups support for President Obama are entirely of a personal nature: personal economy, personal relationships, personal 'rights.' None of these reasons benefit the national economy, and do more to support ignoring the rule of law in favor of force and internationalism. I have personally concluded, and the events of history have validated, that the increasingly amoral policies of people and government, in conjunction with the financial debt and unsustainable federal budgets will result in the collapse of the nation.

ETA: Some references -
Demographics
Demographics shift from Republicans
Exit polls
Economic factors effecting blacks
SNAP data
edit on 8-11-2012 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
What does it mean for america?

Idiocracy

I see it in the works already.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Actually, most polls show that people thought Romney would be better for the overall economy rather than Obama.

But, I'll throw a couple of things out there regarding the women's vote.

The Democrat machine scared the bejeebus out of women, making them scared to death that the GOP was going to take away their rights and their government checks. It was asinine, but the Dem Machine knows that most of their targeted women are vulnerable and gullible and quite frankly, the GOP didn't do a good enough job in allaying their fears. Perhaps the GOP gave women more credit than they should have.

Unmarried women making under a certain amount receive EIC (if they work at all) and most get some form of assistance in food stamps and other programs depending on how many children they have. With the scare tactics of the Democratic Party, they were assured the vote from these women.

WOMEN: I have learned that over 40% of births now are to unmarried women.
Percentages of births to unmarried women:
17% for Asians
29% for Whites
53% for Hispanics
73% for Blacks

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Even though women were more likely than men to vote for Obama, Romney still got the majority of the white woman vote by 56%. You can see from the exit polls that the most pivotal factor in these election results is race. Obama won the male AND female vote amongst every minority group.

People have been quick to react by saying that the GOP needs to reach out to minorities, but all Romney needed was about 2% more of the white vote to win the election.

This is also an important point:

But most importantly, the 2012 elections actually weren’t about a demographic explosion with non-white voters. Instead, they were about a large group of white voters not showing up.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

edit on 8-11201211-1212 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

I don't see the stretch. All the factors seem to prove it. I am not upset that Obama won this election. I knew it was going to be that way. My worst fears are coming true, but they have been coming true most of my life. It isn't because of this election.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

What appeals to these groups that earns their votes? Are these things that appeal to them good for America?

What appeals to them? The promises made to all Americans, not just the white male.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Are they good for America? Yup

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth
What appeals to them? The promises made to all Americans, not just the white male.

What are white males getting under the present system that they are not getting and that falls under the constitutional responsibility of the government?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I can't imagine you are asking this because you truly do not know.

America is run by wealthy Caucasian males that migrated from and retain connections with their European roots.

Everyone that is not part of the good ol boys club gets table scraps/leftovers.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

I don't disagree that the majority of elected officials are indeed white males. That is not what your accusation addressed.

I want to know what "promise" the federal government has made to Americans that is legally not being adhered to in favor of white males?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

It is quoted in the text above but here I can copy and paste again:

more perfect Union,
establish Justice
insure domestic Tranquility
provide for the common defence
promote the general Welfare
secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity

These are the promises that the constitution makes to Americans. All Americans.

Obviously justice is not equal across the demographics you called out.
Domestic tranquility is as dysfunctional.
Common defense? Laughable across social classes and segregated communities.
General welfare is a pretty broad stoke but look at ghettos versus gated communities.
Liberty in general has been restricted post patriot act.

Here are a few examples to consider when asking why 50+% of the population wants true equality.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth
reply to post by Wolf321

These are the promises that the constitution makes to Americans. All Americans.

The preamble to the constitution is not regulation or framework, but was used to set the tone of the framework that followed it.

Obviously justice is not equal across the demographics you called out.

Where in the constitution or other aspects of law is it written so that these minority demographics are put at a disadvantage or white males made superior? If anything, things such as affirmative action is just the opposite.

Domestic tranquility is as dysfunctional.

This component has affected all Americans equally.

Common defense? Laughable across social classes and segregated communities.

Are white males better protected from chinese ICBM's than blacks, latinos, women or homosexuals?

General welfare is a pretty broad stoke but look at ghettos versus gated communities.

The general welfare does not mean providing the needs of any or all Americans. Ghettos vs gated communities is an issue of social economics and environment not the role of government.

Liberty in general has been restricted post patriot act.

This too affects white males just as much as the mentioned minorities.

edit on 8-11-2012 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Got it. Everything is perfect here in America. "Those" people have everything the Romney supporters have.

Excuse my ignorance. Good luck with your quest for understanding.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

A scapegoat will be needed soon as the government does not have enough money to continue its give aways.
When that happens they will have to blame someone. From what I have been reading here and hearing on the different news programs it appears one has been selected. Rich old white males. The real rich old white males will be safe but to the mobs old white males will do.
I believe many of those in the mobs will be surprised when they come but even their lives do not matter to those in power. Holder and Obama have been allowing the attacks of groups of blacks on individual whites for over a year now and there have been many news storys about it. Say the fair in Winconsin for example but there are many others. The story's are quickly hushed up. Notice Zimmerman but there they made a mistake. He was Hispanic. lol.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerk_Idiot

I don't know if they can use white males as a scapegoat. However, they have definitely been using them for political polarization for years.

top topics

join