It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey: Why people did not vote (as a protest)...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

I must admit,

this one was a little heartbreaking...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
reply to post by natalia

I must admit,

this one was a little heartbreaking...

Please explain?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Well, myself, and others I have talked to, expressed concern, and in fact are mourning what we perceive as the loss of our country as we knew it.

Our children, and their children, will all have their future earnings spent in advance by Gov.

And the opportunities that were available to us, are no longer...

It is very much as if a dear friend has passed away.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
reply to post by natalia

Well, myself, and others I have talked to, expressed concern, and in fact are mourning what we perceive as the loss of our country as we knew it.

Our children, and their children, will all have their future earnings spent in advance by Gov.

And the opportunities that were available to us, are no longer...

It is very much as if a dear friend has passed away.

I really agree with you. And am saddened that my son has to endure this, he is seven. So young and doesn't know much yet. I had always said I would never have kids because there were too many out there already that didn't have a home and I didn't want my child growing up in this world it has become today. But everything happens for a reason,and I have my son for a reason, and as he grows I will teach him what school does not.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I voted, for the first time, I'm 33 but I did go and vote, even tho Ron Paul wasn't on the ballot. I did not vote for the "winner" in this election.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

My kids are older, 27 and 19.

It is hard to understand why not everyone perceives the danger and the loss.

Humans, not the brightest bulbs in the galactic pack, eh...

But, that is a different thread for a different day.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

Well, better late than never...

Good on you.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Number 1, because the good doctor was the only one worth my vote, all the rest need to die of every STD known to man, and at least 14 we have yet to discover.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Ron Paul would have been great, but I worry the bad guys would have got him the way they got Kennedy.

We seem to be doomed to our present course.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
If the "pre-determined" theory is true, that would explain why Obama took the piss on the first presidential debate.
Maybe at that time, he knew he'd win anyway and thought, "yeah this b.s". But after having the public take such notice to his behavior, Tptb told him to give the American citizens a show thereafter.
Conspiracy theory!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LightWarrior11

Did not take long to drive the thread in the ditch...

Oh well, nighty nite.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Well I used the excuse that I had moved and not hcanged addresses but the truth is I wouldn't have voted anyway because I couldn't agree with none of the candidates on the ticket and if Ron Paul was on it, I would have voted him, if I had thought ahead I would have done the absentee ballot and wrote in RP. Someone else did that, but I just didn't really feel that enthused to.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

6, 8, 9 (red).

But the local prop that i was wanting to vote down got voted down. I bet that will kill the mayors next run, and we might get a new mayor. Not that it matters much, i like the guy.. Not bad for a liberal.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I live in Texas.
I voted not so much for the presidential side of things, but for the other races and issues in my county that make a difference. It wasn't that my presidential vote would not matter, though my county typically goes blue; it was more a flip of the bird to the entrenched reds of the state that I voted _against_. So if you will, most of my vote was a protest vote against my state's stupidity. (Yes like everything else in Texas, stupidity is big too.)

M.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
This is my reason

files.meetup.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I am always afraid it is going to be the anti Christ?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
My reason for staying home on voting day:
I live in Canada, I sent in an absentee vote

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I'm not sure if it has been said, but tally my reason as "I consider myself my own ruler, this election was not my election."

For context, mytheroy's answer/link regarding corporate citizenship and my answer should occupy the same slice of the pie chart. You might call it "Issues of Sovereignty."
edit on 9-11-2012 by Samtzurr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Some of us just feel so removed from the whole political charade that voting is not even an option, as the belief is strong that our votes do not count for squat. We believe the entire system is defunct and by not voting we are making the most powerful non violent statement that you can make.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
4. Because it is all a deception and the powers that be determine the outcome anyway.

On a side note, why don't you have a "I don't care" option. I imagine most people in America who didn't vote, didn't vote because they just didn't care

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join