It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Runes, Rune words, A long lost puzzle?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I have been all around the world in my research. I've uncovered many things. I must say what a journey it's been. Obviously we wanna get right into this. Without further to do I ask what do runes look like to you?

In the Hàvamàl, part of the "Elder" or Poetic Edda, it is told how Odin obtains runes and learns runic power. The runes were symbols of power, important magical symbols that incorporated into charms, could change the future of the wearer. In ancient times runes were etched into stone, carved into wood, pottery or clay and even written on the human body in blood. Today they are worn as charms about the neck, wrist or ankle, or are placed on items of magical importance to increase their power.

Rune words can be made by taking multiple runes and combining them into one picture to make a rune word. Obviously the runes must be connexted together like a puzzle to make a rune word other wise you have a broken word or just 2 runes depending on your intentions.

Runes had alot to do with the ancient world as most history scholars will note. Some of the exiled knights templar came over from across the atlantic and left runes carved in stone and that exist to this very day.

If it is true that runes are just puzzle pieces meant to be put together to create pictures. What could be lost in our history left to be told by the ancient relics of old?

If you look around your modern world you will notice that the power of runes has not lost it's following alot of business's use the power of runes. Because some of them are said to bring good wealth.

Each rune has an element that it pertains to. And each element has it's master runes. Each master rune which are about 4 or 5 to each element is a puzzle piece. So in a square 3 inch by 3 inch i'd like to see some rune words put together by YOU.

Eventually I will show you what I discovered.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Wow this is cool! I never knew that about runes. I use to have a rune set yrs ago. I used them for certain spiritual things, they were a nice guide you could say.

I'd like to see what you came up with because I really wouldn't know where to start on this!! I will have to bookmark this thread for future reading when more people contribute.

Thanks for sharing this, pretty neat.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
thank you for posting this informative synopsis and exploration of runes. the FUTHARC has been a part of my life for along time now, so much so that i've tattooed them on my back.

cheers.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I am prone to OCD, and this could be up my alley....but i would rather see what you have started with. I am an improver of ideas, not a creator of ideas.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadLights

Rune are always a fascinating subject to study. Historically, as well as a written language, they were used for divination. Bindrunes (two or more runes overlaid) where used for their magical effects. The Ogham is a variation, equally mysterious.

One of the most important aspects to remember is that each rune was tied to nature. Therein, you can realize how much our ancestors communicated with the world around them.

So much knowledge, lost.

This will be an interesting thread to follow.

(So, tell us, what have you discovered?)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mythos

Element: Air

Runes: Os, Wynn, Keno, Eoh

Earth

Stan, Rod, Fehu, Sigel, Gyfu, Jera

Water

Calc, Peord, Ethel, Lagu, Inguz, Isa

Fire

Tyr, Mann, Eohl, Haegl, Ur

This last one should be done first if your lost. It may give you a clue where it's going. And remember the pyramid is 8 sided not 4.

Gar and (Ior) Seprent Rune.
edit on 8-11-2012 by DeadLights because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I will get there first I wanna giver everyone interested some time to play with it. That way it makes alot more sense when I introduce the discovery. You should start with the Gar and Ior rune to give you an idea.

It's simple just add a few lines to gar and you get an 8 sided pyramid.

That should help you see what were doing with the other runes.

Ior

Gar

Equals:

edit on 8-11-2012 by DeadLights because: Correct which rune to use with gar.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I will most likely wait till tomorrow or a few days after tonight to make sure those who want to try alone can. I've given a clue to one in the reply before this one. As to show what exactly we are doing here and just how plausible and credible it is.

If you look at the one I have given in a 3d sort of way you can see the pyramid with an x underneath as to say x marks the spot. it also looks 3 dimensional. As you can see all 8 sides from an above view point. Pretty advanced for a people alot ancient then ours. Wait till you see what the others make.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Okay, I'm patient. I'll wait to see where you are going.

(Following so far....)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Are you going to make a Merkaba with those runes. I think runes are like components to sacred geometry, are they not? I also heard that if you draw your talisman with dragon's blood (or even print these out and trace in dragon's blood), it will boost the power of the rune sigil.

I have seen most of these before. With any intention or magic (magick), always go for protection, healing, the "white side", because karma, golden rule, ect will be visited back on you. (3rd law of creation: what you put out is what you get back.)

It could be that these also have their own vibration, and that is a powerful thing itself.

So, what have you discovered?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Runes can be very powerful. . . I've dabbled with a set on and off over the years.

Has anyone ever wondered why corporations seem to use basic, geometric designs in their logos? It's a form of sigil magic. The McDonalds "M" for example is a sigil. The BP "Helios" star/flower icon is a sigil.

Runes have similarities to the Chineese I-Ching -- in that each character (or hexagram) is representative of either time or nature.

Runes = periodic table of nature
I-Ching = periodic table of change over time

If you could somehow combine the two and charge the sigil properly...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This is a fascinating subject, I have often wondered about the origin and uses of runes, I will be following this thread with some enthusiasm. I will be committing a considerable amount of time to discovering everything there is to know about runes, their origin and uses.
I have taken a more spiritual life due to knowledge gained from ATS and maybe adding to that, the secrets of the runes, I may take one step further towards the mystical world of our ancestots.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

i collected runes once. Sneaking through the city i equipped the heart that the mysterious outsider gave me. Runes were important as they helped me unlock my true powers and reach my potential. Bone charms played a supporting role but the runes told me secrets.....

Wait...
That was dishonoured.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I feel I've given those interested ample time to play with the runes to discover a long lost past. Some of you may be surprised others may think "I thought so" either way it's no coincidence what these runes tell. As the ancients knew after all the truth behind the history of man.

Prepare to be amazed...

(The Lizard King) - Earth Runes.

(Serpent Tongue) - Fire Runes

(Gas Station) - Air Runes

(The Enterprise) - Water Runes

(Godzilla)

(Re-Fueling)

If at all you feel this cannot be true please look up the runes individually and then try and piece them together yourself you will find that if there is a hidden message. I've just given it to you.

Reptillians are not evil deities they are your creators.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I was waiting to see where the OP was trying to go with this thread before I commented.

Unfortunately, I'm a bit disappointed with the results.

The Runes are intended to be a pathway for the Self to the Self.

So you may consult with your inner voice. For those seeking guidance and self help.

In the end - To know thy Self.

For those people who are unfamiliar with Viking Rune stones and the Oracle of the Self.

I would like to introduce you to The Book of Runes by Ralph Blum.

This is an excellent book for all users, from beginners to advanced, interested in seeking knowledge from the Runes.

With this book you can learn some of the history of the Runes

How to make your own set of Rune stones. Their meanings and how to use them.

I personally feel the OP is a bit misguided with their interpretations.

I would like them to try and give us a better explanation of their reasoning and purpose behind their ideas.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
On the front cover of a book called Helrunar is the prime runic glyph, all the runes are contained in it. Search Google images for it. Visualzing the runes within the glyph is a great way to get to know them. The runes themselves are many things, but at their core they are pathways to a host of entities. Unlike the beings attached to the Goetia, these beings are only concerned with humanity to the extent of how we fit within the whole of the worlds. The story goes that Odin summoned them from beyond the world tree after the death of Balder who was suppose to be a light to the world.

Each rune contains it's own world and multiple levels of character. Kenaz/Cen for example is a fire rune, but it is a rune of inner fire, the fire that creates and corrupts. Think the fire of the forge that makes steel, or the fire of chemistry that creates molecular reactions or the fire of a fever burning up your body, or the fire of a idea that consumes all your thoughts.

There are lots of great authors out there , my personal favorites are Diana Paxson and Jan Fries. I dont like Edred Thorson but no one is better when it comes down to pure esoteric scholarship. I dont particularly reccommend Ralph Blum because he approaches the Runes from the point of view that they are a European I-Ching, But if that persepective on the Runes speaks to you then dont let my point of view slow you down.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicWand67

A rune book was the whole reason I realised they were puzzle pieces. I don't know how up to date your was but most rune books should infact tell you runes can be put together.

Mainly because some runes counteract with other runes to create a whole new purpose to improve each rune in a counter balance that brings only the best out of each rune.

With that said it's safe to say that infact runes can be used to make rune words.

With that said it's safe to say that they are infact puzzle pieces. And if the puzzle hasn't been put together by someone to create a picture that makes sense. Or a little sense depending on which reality you live in.

Then they haven't realised that it is infact a puzzle though they may know you can splice them together.

It doesn't take a rocket science once learning this that they infact look like puzzle pieces.

If you feel inclined to express disappointment please. Take each master set of each element and put them otgether in a picture of 3in by 3in. Thats ample room to work with so that you can see what your doing and creating.

The gas station rune word is quite obvious aswell as the 8 sided pyramid. Once you do those and look at the water runes. Anyone capable of comprehending what they are looking at will see. Yes infact ancients knew what they was talking about when they spoke of aliens.

Just so happens an alien came to earth with the whole intent of training and teaching mankind from the inside out. Do you really believe that anyone but god would walk side by side with man proclaiming to be "the son of man" knowing full well he's an et.

That's not someone looking to be worshipped.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
i laughed so hard after u said prepare to be amazed

gas station and godjila and aliens...wth man what has this to do with runes?
u know nothing about bindrunes nor about their power.

btw some very popular bindrunes that ppl see everyday and possibly dont acknowledge are these:

and

edit on 10-11-2012 by shagraath because: no reason

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by shagraath

I picked the alien rune word just because it would be the most unbelievable one out of them all. So here you go the pieces you need to make your rune word. Or to complete the puzzle. Please let me know if you need help with BIND runes.

Please don't be afraid to cross check the rune word alien I got out of it. You'll find the puzzle don't lie.
edit on 10-11-2012 by DeadLights because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Much symbology from the ancients originated from the concepts of Sound/Frequency/Cymatics as explained below:
Ancient Knowledge part 1
Part Too
It is also a secret to *health and longevity*
>and so on>.....

edit on 10-11-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join