It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

western tourists getting more strange....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
That's okay, I've seen many people of Asian heritage trying to navigate the streets of Milwaukee, looking like complete a-holes going the wrong way on a one-way street with that clueless "What am I doing wrong???!!!" look on their face.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by manykapao
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

so you are saying the worlds woes are the direct fault of the US?

because that is what he is saying.

if so you are acting pretty hard core tard yourself.

EDIT:
Your response to my TRUTH is a typical behavior of hateful and ignorant anti-Americanism. Blinded by the furry of your hate that you cannot see beyond the wall of BS your own country has pulled over your eyes, that you really think the world and humanity is the way it is because of a single country in power for a couple decades.....Dumb really...

edit on 9-11-2012 by manykapao because: (no reason given)

typical knee jerk edit
my country? new york is a country? lol

hard core tard ...Dumb really...

indeed
and getting dumber by the minute it seems, keep sucking on the koolaid slurpee
or on the roots of americas peace

fact aprox 6% of the worlds population is consuming[and wasting] a third of the worlds resources
this is maintained by keeping 3rd world and developing countries down
look at libya for example:
free education up to and beyond college
want to farm great the governement pretty much gave you the whole enchilada, land seeds tools, and advice
got married? half your house payment covered.
f obamacare libyans used to due it much better
the now destroyed man made river project 26 billion dollars invested
destroyed now and 70% of libya without water now

how was this accomplished? by recognizing that the libyan people all had a right to a share of the countries resources
not just a few greedheads

all gone now, couldn't have libyans, and africans, for that matter "using up resources" "needed" by piggish amuricans

Kissinger plan to transform North Africa and Middle East into Turkmenistan forum.prisonplanet.com...
depopulation_linked_merck_pharma_announces_africa_plan www.infowars.com...

the infamous kissinger memo:
www.schillerinstitute.org...

On Dec. 10, 1974, the U.S. National Security Council under Henry Kissinger completed a classified 200-page study, “National Security Study Memorandum 200: Implications of Worldwide Population Growth for U.S. Security and Overseas Interests.” The study falsely claimed that population growth in the so-called Lesser Developed Countries (LDCs) was a grave threat to U.S. national security. Adopted as official policy in November 1975 by President Gerald Ford, NSSM 200 outlined a covert plan to reduce population growth in those countries through birth control, and also, implicitly, war and famine. Brent Scowcroft, who had by then replaced Kissinger as national security adviser (the same post Scowcroft was to hold in the Bush administration), was put in charge of implementing the plan. CIA Director George Bush was ordered to assist Scowcroft, as were the secretaries of state, treasury, defense, and agriculture.

The bogus arguments that Kissinger advanced were not original. One of his major sources was the Royal Commission on Population, which King George VI had created in 1944 “to consider what measures should be taken in the national interest to influence the future trend of population.” The commission found that Britain was gravely threatened by population growth in its colonies, since “a populous country has decided advantages over a sparsely-populated one for industrial production.” The combined effects of increasing population and industrialization in its colonies, it warned, “might be decisive in its effects on the prestige and influence of the West,” especially effecting “military strength and security.”

NSSM 200 similarly concluded that the United States was threatened by population growth in the former colonial sector. It paid special attention to 13 “key countries” in which the United States had a “special political and strategic interest”: India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Indonesia, Thailand, the Philippines, Turkey, Nigeria, Egypt, Ethiopia, Mexico, Brazil, and Colombia. It claimed that population growth in those states was especially worrisome, since it would quickly increase their relative political, economic, and military strength.

more heads of the beast:
aangirfan.blogspot.com...
rense.com...

further reading regarding all thats wrong with the usa
powerofnarrative.blogspot.com...

edit on 9-11-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

I live in a tourist strip and the things that I see here are beyond crazy.

There are signs everywhere saying do not swim as crocodiles live in the water. So I am sure you can guess where the tourists swim.

Uhhh, because they can't read english?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I see a lot of stereotyping here on all sides and vilification of the mentally ill. They have no control over what they are. Cut them some slack.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Sorry, this isn't a fiction writing competition forum. I think it's possible a western tourists may have said something to annoy you, or botherd you in some way, and you took that little bit and turned it into this story where you are the hero with your magic "simple wrist locks" what a guy! Too cool!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
How is this even open still?

Nothing more than a troll fest, and it serves only to bait unsuspecting posters, lower the overall quality of the website, and create pointless animosity as a result of prejudice.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by manykapao

It shows where you are coming from, but it is entirely inappropriate and hateful.

you mean like the bait thread you posted to distract from this one where you're getting nowhere?
loool you even changed your avy, but hey thanks for the reply, i almost posted on that thread but now i don't need to bother
lol pulled the racist card didn't you RLMFAO!

as for where i'm coming from, if you followed my posts you'd see i'm multi-ethnic, which includes african ancestry

when i use terms like the one you're trying, and failing to blow out of proportion, it's done tongue in cheek, so don't even go there.

haters gonna hate
and point the finger elsewhere

typical...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
at present in ho chi minh city visiting my son and daughter in law .... anyhow I go for coffee the morning at a small cafe here thats off the usual haunts of western tourists and businessmen minding my own business having coffee ( vietnam has excellent coffee ) ... surfing ats on my mobile when next thing know theres a westerner standing in front of me at the table - american from the clothes and accent ... telling me " I know what you are and I'm not afraid of you while at same time he is making some kind of gesture waving a bible around .... rather than cause further scene pulled my usual dont understand english act and quietly told the girl at the coffeeshop in vietnamese to call the police to deal with the lunatic ... paid for my coffee and started to leave when the idiot westerner decides he is going to follow me and continue spouting his gibberish... he made mistake put hand on my shoulder I dont put up with strangers putting a hand on me much less crazy westerners.. applied a simple wristlock on him at that point and held him that way till the police showed up and took him in for causing a disturbance. really wish they wouldnt give lunatics passports... ahh well hopefully the rest of the day will be less eventfulll... are things getting that bad over there that they let the lunatics out of the asylums?

First of all, Welcome to America! The home of the "wants" to be free!

Guys like that are not what you would consider your average American. I can't speak for the rest of the country, but I myself, am a gentleman, disciplined and very spiritual.

Again, not every American is like me. But, I think that we all are hoping that it will come to be this way one day.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

That hand gesture is to ward off the evil eye, the devil etc.

It's Italian in origin, not western per say.

Maybe he was upset that you were an expat?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
From a simple story, this thread has gone completely off the chart.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
My mother is German. I visited her home town when I was twelve. My brother and I would play outside and the local kids kept insisting that we come play soccer with them. We finally told them that we were American and their attitude changed completely.

Now we were "Amies" (pronounced ah-mees), derogatory for American. They spit on us, threw rocks at us and chased up and down the stairs and back lots the whole rest of the time we were there. We finally just stayed in the apartment all day until we left town. They even scratched up all the doors in the place (which we got blamed for) and almost thrown out.

Those kids were mostly our age and I couldn't believe they hated us that much for no reason. We hadn't done anything to them. They wanted to play with us until they found out our nationality. Later when I grew up I asked my mom about that and she said they it wasn't the kids that disliked Americans per sey, it was the parents who remembered the Occupying Americans during and after the war.

The parents negative talk about the "Amies" was overheard by the kids and they acted out those sentiments towards us. This was the early 70's so a lot of people were still alive that lived through the war.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by roblot

yeah hateful people can do that sometimes. why be logical when you can satisfy the hatred you have inside with an outlet.

What I think is funny is how people claim to be multi ethnic, liberal, open to world ideas, in other words, PROGRESIVE, yet so incoherently weighed down with hatred and disdain for a whole people.

Even self hating Americans, like the self hating Jew. Guilt makes them become raging lunatics. That what is just another person you would get along with and have a good bond with can become your enemy just because of his nationality, or the fact that he likes being from his HOME.

It shows how unbalanced and totally hatful people can be. Things cannot stay "normal" when you have some people looking to make things as uncomfortable and vile as possible. When they search to cause damage by all means.

It is like trying to sit and have a cup of coffee and a conversation with a berserker. They are not speaking for the civilized world or humanity at that point. They are speaking from their personal and painful anger coupled with frustration.

What sane person gets upset because there is not world peace? You have to be pretty delusional to even expect it. Yet there are so many people that really think that is some sort of standard we set because it was normal.

It would be wonderful, but it is impossible. Yet people want it. Makes them insane.

Which is why liberals suffer so much. I would classify my political beliefs as liberal mind you. My entire family is.

I just know what are delusions and what to base my expectations on.

trying to vilify the US for things we all do and did, is like trying to say some one is a pig for using the toilet and not being able to avoid producing feces and urine.

It is only natural. AND they do it too.

"Your isht stinks" as well is all I have to say to these haters.

edit on 10-11-2012 by manykapao because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilky
The hand gesture he was using is the sign for baphomet. He was saying that you are a pagan lol
edit on 9-11-2012 by Bilky because: (no reason given)
ahh... interesting .... thank you
for explaining the meaning of the hand gesture he used .....

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Mods please close / lock thread as Bilky was kind enough to explain the gesture used ... thank you

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Geez, this was a simple story, and invited some interesting information,
but this side trip into who the poster is, what their nationality is, and the crazy assertions of hatred and racism on their part just really went left field!

What the heck do they have to do with the topic and original post??

I should have warned the OP the first time they were questioned for personal info, I fell into that trap by the exact same poster elsewhere.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

the OP lied. Said he/ she was a vet that did several tours of Vietnam, then he said he was a woman, then he inclined that he was something else. Not to mention that this whole "story" is like an action adventure story, with a quiet man, dark, contemplating his great martial arts skills over coffee, and then comes the crazy westerner, with his religion, and his aggressiveness, and touches him.

SO he does a "simple" wrist lock and subdues the religious American attacker, who wanted to force convert him into his cult of Christianity......but he subdues him and walked away into the sunset......way too cool.

oh please.

That is why we ASKED him to clarify his lie about his "tour" of Vietnam as an American, if suddenly he is a freaking non western ninja drinking coffee, defending his city form cultist westerners.....

only wishful thinking would let logical people drink his cool aid.

It is hateful propaganda. Ignorance times 10

reply to post by KarensHoliday

I havent worked or lived in the u.s since 1980. Left out of disgust. I dont get taxed on my earnings wouldnt pay anyway. am quite self sufficient and live an nice quiet simple life without need of any government or leaders and dont acknowledge any.. Havent supported any of it since left the military after my 4th tour in vietnam when was young and stupid.

--------------------------
I admit english is not my native language as am japanese .... I did state that I am currently VISITING in vietnam - though doubt it will clear up misconceptions by those who dont pay attention to details .. or who wish to nitpick for whatever reason ... and yes there are asian expats as well ... its not only westerners who live as expats ...

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by manykapao

There was nothing to "drink" here. There was no journalistic attempt at spreading any newstory.
It was a description of a personal experience.
Whether it was true or not, or to what degree, is irrelevant.

If I told you I am drinking coffee from a cup that is red with little stylized angels carrying christmas trees,

would you ask my personal info,where I am from, who are my parents, what is my education level and career path in order to clarify whether that claim is true or not??? To protect the people who might be taken in by my story and actually believe it is true?
Then claim I am hateful because they are Christmas trees, and not including symbols for other religious traditions,
or angels that obviously show I hate other religions that aren't christian.... which obviously shows my story is an attempt to stir hatred against muslims, jews, budhists, hindus.......

Who cares if the story of my cup of coffee is true?

(but if you have a cute coffee cup you'd like to describe, or a story about the origins of the Christmas tree tradition, or of coffee production in history, or your favorite coffee recipe, or a funny story of something that happened while you were drining coffee one day, then my story has brought something to the arena of value! )

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

ok, here is an example of ignorance being spread by lies and wishful thinking out of hate.

The following is not true or relevant to the real world. It is not representative of my beliefs and is only an example.

-----------------------------------

I once saw this black guy steal a wallet, rape a woman, kill an elderly man, and he was illiterate. I observed this from my car window while driving through their neighborhood. They are all like that.

This is my story. I am not spreading ignorance. I am black. This is true for all black people.

---------------------------------
so you would defend that story?
or does honesty really have no bearing on how you measure the world?

If so please unfriend me. I will not help people lie and perpetuate ignorance through lies or be associated with anyone who enjoys hate speech about a whole group of people. Even white westerners. You may do as you wish for whatever reasons you like.

I do not think we are compatible. I have standards I will not modify. Truthfulness being one of them.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join