It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

western tourists getting more strange....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

edit on 9-11-2012 by Wasteoftime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wasteoftime

yes the world does horrible things in war and maintaining power. Should I go through the extensive list of human history without a single period without war and armed conflict?

Read some history and look at current events. There are horrible prisons, torture, war, arms trade, assassinations, brutality, EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME.

Welcome to the real world. Here is a little resource you might find helpful.
www.conflicthistory.com...

There is NO exception. Every people are guilty. Not one MORE than another. Especially since you are talking about a couple decades of American world power. The future is not looking bright for whatever complicit nation you are form or in or allied with that has done, does and will do the same things.

EDIT:
Where are you from? The best place on earth that has highly evolved people that have escaped the human condition and so inherent human nature?

Or you just have a hard on for the US, knowing your favorite place is no different?

edit on 9-11-2012 by manykapao because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by manykapao

yes the world does horrible things in war and maintaining power. Should I go through the extensive list of human history without a single period without war and armed conflict?

Read some history and look at current events. There are horrible prisons, torture, war, arms trade, assassinations, brutality, EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME.

Welcome to the real world. Here is a little resource you might find helpful.
www.conflicthistory.com...

There is NO exception. Every people are guilty. Not one MORE than another. Especially since you are talking about a couple decades of American world power. The future is not looking bright for whatever complicit nation you are form or in or allied with that has done, does and will do the same things.

EDIT:
Where are you from? The best place on earth that has highly evolved people that have escaped the human condition and so inherent human nature?

Or you just have a hard on for the US, knowing your favorite place is no different?

I am from the country I was born in.

The US is an ongoing crime against humanity, and is directly responsible for the worlds suffering.

edit on 9-11-2012 by Wasteoftime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by KarensHoliday

You bring up some really good points, and I can't wait to hear the response from the OP.

I personally wasn't too offended by his stereotyping, or xenophobia... but still you have a point, and I don't like being lied to.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Did you just sign up to yell at people? You really are going off the deep end.

Are you going to be the newly crowned Troll Prince?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Givng the benefit of the doubt to OP...

rest of you jumping up and down about him saying "western tourist"... how would you describe someone in you country that doesn't look like people from you country?

I don't see anything wrong with term "Western Tourist". He probably saw a guy who fit western stereotype and said that.

And where is the generalization in the OP? he was talking about a cafe where lot of westerns and businessmen stay at and he noticed a westerner.

How would you describe them?

"white tourist"? "American tourist"?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Being how you are too much of a coward to admit what country you are form I will take that as an admission of guilt. That it is in fact a country with a long if not longer list of human rights violations, aggression and general brutality than the US.

I would venture to guess it is China. The ones who used tanks on their own people. The ones who invaded peaceful and silent Tibet. The ones who torture and brutalize behind the walls of their prisons. The ones who send arms to all corners of the world. The ones who persecute their own people for religious beliefs that advocate kindness and democratic principles of people governing people.

Yeah, I would guess that you *MIGHT BE* the OP as well.

too bad you were too much of a coward to say what country you hail from, but we know why. You did not because like I said, THERE IS NO EXCEPTION. Every country and people that blame the US for something are denying the FACT that their own country, people, and history is full of such atrocities and violations they accuse the US of. That their current leadership does horrible things to stay in power and would do as bad if not worse than the US if in their position.

SO. I am from the country where I was born as well and it is a mirror of the world.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by manykapao

lol yo link to a world history of conflict
are you nuts or another example of the "dangerous when wet" type?

typical amurican tactic pointing out specks and splinters in others eyes
in order to avoid ANY discussion of the BEAM in yours.

sorry that kind of argument is not only grade school but extremely ignorant

"shut up! every body rapes and kills, so you shut the F up about my raping and killing,
you dirty [insert racist/sexist/homophobic insult here]!!!

see how retarded the above sounds?

i'll bet that you and karen should you ever leave the usa for a visit elsewhere,
something i doubt you've ever done btw, you'd take a big box of stickers with the us flag and a line saying: "you enjoy this thanks to america" and then start pasting them on museums, national monuments, ETC. RLMFAO

oh and a flag for expat just to show that this new yorker isn't full of shiz like most of his fellow statesmen [as america is 2 continents, not just one country whistling dixie]

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
NVM

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

so you are saying the worlds woes are the direct fault of the US?

because that is what he is saying.

if so you are acting pretty hard core tard yourself.

EDIT:
Your response to my TRUTH is a typical behavior of hateful and ignorant anti-Americanism. Blinded by the furry of your hate that you cannot see beyond the wall of BS your own country has pulled over your eyes, that you really think the world and humanity is the way it is because of a single country in power for a couple decades.....Dumb really...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Being how you are too much of a coward to admit what country you are form I will take that as an admission of guilt. That it is in fact a country with a long if not longer list of human rights violations, aggression and general brutality than the US.

I would venture to guess it is China. The ones who used tanks on their own people. The ones who invaded peaceful and silent Tibet. The ones who torture and brutalize behind the walls of their prisons. The ones who send arms to all corners of the world. The ones who persecute their own people for religious beliefs that advocate kindness and democratic principles of people governing people.

too bad you were too much of a coward to say what country you hail from, but we know why. You did not because like I said, THERE IS NO EXCEPTION. Every country and people that blame the US for something are denying the FACT that their own country, people, and history is full of such atrocities and violations they accuse the US of. That their current leadership does horrible things to stay in power and would do as bad if not worse than the US if in their position.

SO. I am from the country where I was born as well and it is a mirror of the world.

China? Nope, not even close.

I am not a coward, I just do not feel the need to justify my opinions to an unknown woman ranting away trying to defend what little honour her country ever had.

The US is a crime against humanity.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

you are a coward since you accuse a country of being guilty of something yet you have not said where you are from, again, an admission of guilt. Your country is just as bad. I AM SURE:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Just ignore wasteoftime (who at least appropriately named him/herself) and perhaps it will go away. Clearly this person isn't on ATS to have any type of meaningful conversation. So yeah, don't get riled up.

And your supposition that it is really the OP is probably accurate.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Oh be quiet you stupid woman. An admission of guilt my arse, more like evidence that you are a brainwashed, rabid moron.

your entire post was a hateful and chauvinist response. You have demonstrated your ignorance. Thank you. My work is done.

hey DerepentLEstranger, I like your friend. Makes you look SOOO good.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

your entire post was a hateful and chauvinist response. You have demonstrated your ignorance. Thank you. My work is done.

hey DerepentLEstranger, I like your friend. Makes you look SOOO good.

Hateful? Darling I haven't even started yet. Maybe you are so bitter because you can't tolerate your husband having an affair, but don't have the courage to confront him about it. You keep pretending everything is fine.

You just don't like people criticising your precious little US. Shame. If I were you, which I am greatful I am not, but if I were, I'd try and sort that out.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
NVM

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

What is your issue? There is no reason for this kind of behavior. I have already alerted the mods, hopefully you will learn that this is not how we treat members here. This is wholly uncalled for, now act like an adult.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I would just have laughed at that ''western guy'' when he would say ''I know who you are etc''.
Edit, since you used that hand lock, you are a guy. Just try to relax more and don't get forked up inside for nothing??

''Told the girl at the coffeeshop in vietnamese to call the police to deal with the lunatic''

Police better deal with more important stuff IMO.

Better not visit Amsterdam! You could get in a fight (for nothing).

Maybe I'm wrong but often I get the impresstion of Asians (while they never are a problem for me), that they are a bit ''detached'' with others. I don't know how to explain it well but it's like they often miss some openness especially when dealing with people they don't know. Maybe it's how they being raised so they don't know better, but I miss some ''heart/love/warmness/openness/''. A bit closed in their feelings?

Not saying all asians, but in general? Again I can be wrong.. just the feeling I get often.
edit on 9-11-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

A western man in an Asian country waving a bible around harrassing people.. Who does he think he is? And yes, we do have these people in our countries also

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join