It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As POTUS, what would YOU do?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie

Originally posted by NewAgeManNow of course some may argue that you don't want China owning critical US infrastructure, but the deals could be made such that there is a time limit of a certain number of years after which their ownership and profit sharing would expire.

edit on 8-11-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

What you describe sounds like planning a huge turn off for investors of US debt. Why would anyone agree to that?

Foreign debt on this scale is not simply something you can walk away from. As Americans we can file bankruptcy on our own smaller debt because we our all caught up in the beautiful insured monetary system, but outside of our own little bubble are governments that have their own problems to take care of and expect reasonable returns on their investment.

The time-out limit could be set anywhere, from ten to twenty years all the way to 50 years. They would get a return, and then another and another and another, but permament ownership, say 60 years or a 100 years later, that would expire and would have to, unless you want to see the world's most indespensible nation, despensed and in some sort of servitude to a purely self interested third party. That cannot be allowed to happen on the scale of an entire modern civilization, and infrastructure makes a civilization what it is, all the way down to the family home. You can't sell the UNITED STATES to China, but China sure does have an interest, especially right now, to ensure that the predominant engine of global recovery, or at least the other one, not only sustains itself as well, but prospers.

We're already into an inter-dependant multilateral global village, time to get the village working together and US economic recovery is certainly tantamount in terms of what is also in their own and everyone's mutual best interest, at least that's what it's like here in Canada, where if you guys tank we go in too.

It's time for the USA to come busting out, but you can't do that without money and the money IS out there, if only the infinitely wealthy, including the Chinese, wouldn't come to recognize that there exists, right now, an unprecedented historical opportunity, to both participate in global transformation, while saving their own immortal soul at the same time (I'm thinking here of the old old blue blood money people in Europe in particular, but all "hoarders" of wealth in general). It's both entirely reasonable, practical, and economically (even spiritually) secure and viable, long into the future as a recovery and economic expansion, however gradual, perhaps never seen since the post World War II era, if not the Industrial Revolution.

Anything's possible.

These are human problems and for every human problem there is a human solution.

Gee, I'm starting to sound presidential!

edit on 8-11-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
What would I do as president (lets see how many people I can make have a stroke)

1) 20% surcharge on any and all imports (no free trade)

2) corporate tax exclusion based on american workers (workforce % = tax exclusion %) 40% tax base

3) legalize hemp and make it the same rules and tax as tobacco

4) eliminate income tax and institute a 20% national sales tax on all purchases

5) institute an 8 hour work day requirement for all government assistance (non-retirement)

6) institute a three strike felony rule (third conviction you get 24 hours to say goodbye to loved ones)

7) institute bread and water hard labor camps for non-violent offenders (30, 60, 90 days, any offense after four is a felony see rule 6)

8) make any violent or sexual crime against a woman or child a capitol crime (see rule six with a one strike rule)

9) give college scholarships to the top 5% of state graduates, offer 1% loans to the top 15%

10) cut the military by 50% and bring ALL troops back to the states. Institute a much harder acceptance policy to gain entrance to active duty.

11) require two years service to national guard or community organization at age 18

++anyone hard a cerebral accident yet?

12) require and administer an intelligence test to anyone wanting to enter the US (in their language of choice). Free of charge. Passing allows automatic citizenship. (citizens get a pass on this as I can really take away what they already have)

13) Offer ESL classes to all new citizens paying minimum wage to attend

14) require all new citizens to learn english within five years or face loss of citizenship.

15) at five years (or earlier by choice) require all new citizens to take a high school equivalency test. (grant benefits based on rule 9)

16) make it a crime to hire illegal immigrants (see rule 7)

17) do away with the title President and declare myself Supreme Dark Overlord

200Plus 2024 - don't forget to vote

LoL

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Originally posted by davjan4
Open constitutional carry in every state with no restrictions.

Mass deportation of all who are here Illegally.

Or what, shoot them?

Been done three times before. We can do it again.

It's call "enforcing the law".

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Open constitutional carry in every state with no restrictions.

Mass deportation of all who are here Illegally.

Or what, shoot them?

Been done three times before. We can do it again.

It's called "enforcing the law".

You're too much!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Oh I'm sorry you meant deportation and not execution, my bad.

Still, that would be one heck of a hunt and quite the roundup. Somebody WOULD get killed!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeManNow of course some may argue that you don't want China owning.

Well, there *is* substantial communism fear... yet as for policy change at this point still it couldn't rectify anything in retrospect. Only going forward so it couldn't change what has already been messed up. I'm sure that policies in the investment of certain debt needs to be examined closely but other than striving for a countries own personal efficiency I really don't know how this could be done. I'm no financial finagler but it seems pretty cut and dry to me that no formula is simply going to get us out of debt or eliminate fear of them attempting to become too involved or what have you... but going forward I'm sure better practices are possible over things we have seen in the past. Some things just don't make sense to me but you never know what else is involved that is connected to a deeper story.

I fear that what China has now, was obtained through a lot of blood sweat and tears... not just punching in and punching out. We have our own atrocities to look at as a result of our lifestyle versions, but in this case it just appears they played a better hand.

Payments can be prepaid as an investment or post paid as a debt... even if the payment is blood. And honestly, that's only attempting to say one thing and not so much meant to sound threatening but to illustrate that something has grabbed hold of their society and established a certain order where they seem to have payed it forward and come out on top. If someone has something they need to pay back, they need to pay it back.

We can thank the bankers for these dumb ideas about investing in concepts rather than working.

I think they thought they would do something monumental with it when this whole structure got good and ripe but instead it seems they've simply squandered a lot of it and otherwise wasted a lot of time on bad ideas.

Could it be that China simply invested in sacrifice and hard work?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join