It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World War Z Trailer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I will admit I am quite a fan of Zombie movies and its always nice when a big budget movie comes along. Although it looks like the type of zombies I am not so fond, I am still looking forward to watching it.

Trailer was just released.

edit on 8-11-2012 by homeslice because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Really...Hollywood REALLY?!?

Don't get me wrong it looks like it'll be a fun popcorn movie.

But that trailer was nothing like the book...at all.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Well... Brooks did say in an interview that as soon as the book was released, Pitt approached him and said he wanted to do the movie... Brooks also said that he was under no illusions that once Hollywood had the rights, they would follow the book, nor did he expect to be consulted... He knew what he was getting into when he signed the contract.

ETA: OMG, those zombies are freaky-fast!

edit on 8-11-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by the cynic jester

I always knew they would slaughter the book, and it will most likely be very disappointing. The trailer was not what I was expecting it to be like, but hey - its big budget zombies and they are very few and far between, so I am not complaining.

People always complain about books that are made into movies, just be thankful and enjoy it I say. Or get off your ass and go make something better.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

I loved the book. The trailer looks pretty cool though. I like the whole idea of the zombies being fast and ant like.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by the cynic jester

You are only crazy, if you thing you're not.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
That looks pretty awesome. Looks like a lot of action and not very scary. I'll stick with my Walking dead up until June, but this will be a great movie to check out this summer. Exciting.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Looks awful. I love zombie movies and I loved the book. Looks like this is one zombie movie I will be skipping. I could have skipped Zombie land as well and that one at least had zombies ripping people apart.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The book was SO incredible that I was really looking forward to the movie after I heard about it. It's been known for a long time that the movie won't really follow the book, which irritates me to no end, but I know I'll end up seeing it anyway.

The way the book is written makes it very hard to turn into a movie that matches the book. It's not just a continuous story line, it's a collection of various interviews and stories of people all over the world, after the zombie paw happened.

I was really hoping they would just take some of the more interesting stories from the book and tie them together into a real-time movie that followed the outbreak as it happened. Sort of like the movie would be the war itself, and the book would be the stories of people after the war.

But then they had to go screw up a good thing... I'm not surprised, but still disappointed.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
It reminds me of 28 Weeks Later meets Starship Troopers. And that....translates to FAP FAP FAP! Looking forward to this.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
It looks like they took a great book and turned into another generic zombie movie. And it's Brad Pitt's fault.

It will definately be action packed popcorn fare, but will share nothing with the source material. Might be an alright movie. Guess we will see.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

I was thinking 28 Days Later meets I Am Legend.... either way, those zombies are too freakin' fast!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Looks like like what I imagined the battle of yonkers to be like. Im looking forward to watching this on the big screen!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This looks bad. I read the books, and I'm afraid they took everything away. My favorite parts were the guy in the Japanese mountains and the family that move to Canada. I wonder if they'll keep either of those parts. I don't see why they couldn't have it be a series of stories of separate people's lives. Cloud Atlas did a marvelous job doing that.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

That would work too. The scene where they're trying to climb the concrete wall reminded me of this (go to 7:30 of the video)...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

I really don't know what it is about guys and that movie... I don't get it...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

The first one was good, in a cheesy way. The sequels were horrible. For us guys, it's just a fun movie....and then there's "Dizzy"...but I digress.

new topics

top topics

join