It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Election shows U.S. 'far gone'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Quadrivium

He is right, by the time this term is over it will be too late.

And in my mind this is the plan make us dependent and subservient.

We are already half way there. Personal responsibility is a joke nowadays.
What gets me is, who do they believe is going to pay for those entitlements when we hit the bottom?
I just don't understand,

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Originally posted by Americanist
reply to post by SageBeno

Ron and Rand are watered down like the rest of them. Their supporters turned them into instant millionaires, so they should do us all a favor and both retire. It'll give them plenty of time to catch up on the 9/11's.

This was posted earlier today:

You've all been witness to an organized diversion - accumulating hard assets with little or no effort involved. Label it banking, monarchy, oligarchy, divide and conquer... It doesn't matter at this point. The trickery doesn't work, nor will holding onto its spoils.

Game Over Man.
edit on 8-11-2012 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

Care to explain how Ron Paul made millions off his supporters? I do believe Ron Paul was one of the only candidates who wasn't in debt when he stopped campaigning so are you saying he kept all that money in his campaign fund? A retirement plan, if you would. If so, you got any links?

Care to explain how he didn't? I'm familiar with setting budgets and showing deficits for accounting purposes. Unfortunately, I'm not their accountant, so I have to rely on common sense factors. The campaign pulled in serious cash. Retirement, slush fund, etc., etc., if you would.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Ron and Rand are watered down like the rest of them. Their supporters turned them into instant millionaires, so they should do us all a favor and both retire. It'll give them plenty of time to catch up on the 9/11's.

You've all been witness to an organized diversion - accumulating hard assets with little or no effort involved. Label it banking, monarchy, oligarchy, divide and conquer... It doesn't matter at this point. The trickery doesn't work, nor will holding onto its spoils.

Game Over Man.

Care to explain how Ron Paul made millions off his supporters? I do believe Ron Paul was one of the only candidates who wasn't in debt when he stopped campaigning so are you saying he kept all that money in his campaign fund? A retirement plan, if you would. If so, you got any links?

Care to explain how he didn't? I'm familiar with setting budgets and showing deficits for accounting purposes. Unfortunately, I'm not their accountant, so I have to rely on common sense factors. The campaign pulled in serious cash. Retirement, slush fund, etc., etc., if you would.

You know your talking about the guy that doesn't even take his full salary from Congress? He gives it back to the Treasury. I hope you have some evidence for your claim.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Phantom

Game Over Man.

You know your talking about the guy that doesn't even take his full salary from Congress? He gives it back to the Treasury. I hope you have some evidence for your claim.

I'll look as soon as you find evidence to the contrary. I'm sure we can agree congressional salaries are fairly decent along with lifetime pensions right?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Game Over Man.

I'll look as soon as you find evidence to the contrary. I'm sure we can agree congressional salaries are fairly decent along with lifetime pensions right?

No, that's not how it works...you made a claim about someone, you find the evidence.

And he was going to limit his Presidential payment from 400,000 to to 39,000...so why are you trying to make it seem like he cares so much about taking political money?
edit on 8-11-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Whoever voted and thinks we don't get taxed enough, Look at this list of personal and corporate tax by individual country world wide.

en.wikipedia.org...

We pay more than almost all other countries plus we have state taxes on top of federal taxes. Who would want to start a business here?

This has nothing to do with the wages workers get paid which is always focused on by the media. Its the amount of tax per country the corporation has to pay.

edit on 8-11-2012 by CyberTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Game Over Man.

Well, you can assume all you want but do you have actual facts? Yes Ron Paul ran a well oiled budget and wasn't in debt so for this you demonize him? That's fair.. Let me ask you, do you like Ron Paul or do you despise him and his Paulites? Now to be fair I don't know what Ron Paul did with the money had left over but I'm going to assume he didn't bank it but probably did something proactive with it, like donate it or start some kind of fund or whatever. I'm sure a google search will give us the answers we seek, no?

So like I already asked before, got any links?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

I too would need to see evidence. I just don't see him that way.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I am a 'Paulite' and proud of it. It was hard for other people to engage me in a debate because Ron Paul is a saint compared to Obama and Romney. Where was the passion for the other candidates? When people walked down the street in Ron Paul t-shirts I often heard car honks and yells of "Yeah, Ron Paul!!"

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Game Over Man.

I found this ATS thread, True Fiscal Conservative: Ron Paul wraps up his 2012 campaign with $2 million dollar surplus

Ron Paul...the now 77 year old presidential candidate who ate pizza and value meals to save a few bucks on the campaign trail. The candidate that always worries about staying on budget and not wasting a penny. The candidate that promised to be transparent in his campaign spending and was able to report campaign spending down to the DOLLAR when the standard for other campaigns were reporting purchases made over $25.

I'm willing to bet that those extra $2million dollars are going to go towards helping win office seats for liberty candidates. In 2008, Ron Paul had a few million in the bank by the end of his campaign, he used that money to start Campaign For Liberty, which has played a crucial role in many 'liberty victories' in the past few years. Also started by Ron Paul was Young Americans for Liberty and Youth For Paul organizations which has hundreds of chapters across the nation and hundreds of thousands of members.

Ron Paul campaign's busy August

www.politico.com...

Ron Paul’s presidential hopes have long been over, but he’s still spending cash like a candidate.

Paul spent more than $588,000 in August to fund a range of activities and initiatives, from travel to consultants to maintaining a sizable staff, new federal financial disclosures show.

His presidential campaign ended August with more than $2 million in reserve, even taking in about $103,000 worth of contributions for the month, his report indicates.

That stands in stark contrast to fellow GOP also-rans Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum, both of whom continue to carry seven-figure debt from their presidential runs......

.....Among Paul’s August expenditures, according to his filing: $48,474 for rental fees at the Republican convention, nearly $25,000 in air charter expenses, about $21,000 for email services and $15,000 for a sponsorship for the Republican Party of Iowa.

Read more: www.politico.com...

edit on 8-11-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I'm willing to bet that those extra $2million dollars are going to go towards helping win office seats for liberty candidates.

I'm not going to bet, but there's certainly a great opportunity for him. You proved my point... $2 million surplus.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Game Over Man.

Well, you can assume all you want but do you have actual facts? Yes Ron Paul ran a well oiled budget and wasn't in debt so for this you demonize him? That's fair.. Let me ask you, do you like Ron Paul or do you despise him and his Paulites? Now to be fair I don't know what Ron Paul did with the money had left over but I'm going to assume he didn't bank it but probably did something proactive with it, like donate it or start some kind of fund or whatever. I'm sure a google search will give us the answers we seek, no?

Like I said... He is a watered down version of what this country really needs. My advice: Retire and take Rick Perry with him.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Swills

I'm willing to bet that those extra $2million dollars are going to go towards helping win office seats for liberty candidates.

I'm not going to bet, but there's certainly a great opportunity for him. You proved my point... $2 million surplus.

Are you for real? Seriously, please tell me you didn't vote.

People donated to him for the purpose of using it for election funds, his election had a surplus, he then used that surplus for election funds.

You are trying to paint a picture as if he took if for himself...I just want to slam my face right into a wall.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Swills

People donated to him for the purpose of using it for election funds, his election had a surplus, he then used that surplus for election funds.

You are trying to paint a picture as if he took if for himself...I just want to slam my face right into a wall.

No, common sense... He'll pipe it to Rand which is even worse.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Swills

No, common sense... He'll pipe it to Rand which is even worse.

'No common sense' - I agree

I'm walking away from this thread, it's become absurd.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
We went over the cliff in November 2008 - TARP!

TARP was the straw that broke the camel's back.

We should have just let the chips fall where they may back in November 2008, taken our medicine and gotten over it! We would be getting back on our feet by now if we had taken our medicine then. Now, the interest on the interest on the interest etc. will make it so that we'll be third world for decades rather than months.

Obamacare added a whole new sack of straws on the camel. As soon as Obamacare was passed, the Republican CEO's here locally laid off big time so they wouldn't have to pay for older persons or unhealthy persons. Insurance itself went from $150 a month to over $650 a month. Deductibles went from $1000 to $6,000 per year. Co-pay went from $10 to $40 per visit or prescription. And that's just a HMO with NO hospitalization! Obamacare did nothing but HYPER-INFLATE health insurance prices to the point where it's highly unfeasible. Besides, we STILL have to pay fully until the $6K is reached. Entire paychecks, just for Obamacare alone.

edit on 8/11/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Swills

I proved your point? It's funny you say such a silly thing and that's because you have no proof to your claims, nothing, nada. Ron Paul not being in debt like all the others does not mean he is pocketing the 2 million. Post some actual facts that back your ASSUMPTIONS. Prove that Ron Paul has banked that cool 2 million dollars, I double dog dare you!

Btw, you never answered my question, do you like or dislike Ron Paul? You can ignore this question again but I'm sure your post history will tell me all I need to know if I were so inclined.
edit on 8-11-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Game Over Man.

Like I said... He is a watered down version of what this country really needs. My advice: Retire and take Rick Perry with him.

Nice post, short, stupid and definitely no where near the point. Barely 2 sentences of nothing more than personal attacks. For now on everyone should just ignore your quite obvious trolling, but that's the problem, it's sooooo hard to ignore the troll.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
We went over the cliff in November 2008 - TARP!

TARP was the straw that broke the camel's back.

We should have just let the chips fall where they may back in November 2008, taken our medicine and gotten over it! We would be getting back on our feet by now if we had taken our medicine then. Now, the interest on the interest on the interest rtc. will make it so that we'll be third world for decades rather than months.

No, that would have led to martial law a little too soon... The World must be bilked fully by the same folks. Allows them time to stamp out our demand for justice as well.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Don't forget to touch base once you determine where the 2 mil goes...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join