It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forsaken

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Pinch me, he said...

I remember those days. If only it were a dream, the hope that I would simply wake up from this nightmare long gone. Listening to the hum, the hum of something I don't know, the hum and the wind gently gusting against the walls of my current refuge. You know what I miss? Sleep, they'll come they never stop coming.

The light turns to darkness, their shadows looming over. So close I can feel their fowl breath whispering over my skin. They wreak of death, fowl rotting flesh between their teeth. They're hungry, they're always hungry. And that shriek, dear god the shriek "kill me." If only I could, right between the eyes, they'll be back. Here I sit, clutching my shotgun as if it were my last breath of life.

Click...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

The kids won't leave you alone since they saw you bring home that box of Chaco Tacos will they?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Ever seen Children of the Corn?

I suppose the kids are always after whatever it is that I got.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by Symbiot

The kids won't leave you alone since they saw you bring home that box of Chaco Tacos will they?

Choco Tacos are worth risking a shotgun for

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

Indeed they are! I have to drive 15 miles to the nearest store that carries them, and then risk a speeding ticket to get them home before they melt! I would risk the shotgun!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Oddly enough the shotgun is the one thing they don't want. Go figure, the one thing that could save their lives or kill them as they so desire.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

Don't you know they don't think they NEED a real shotgun- when the zombies come they think they can throw the game controllers at them and all will be well!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

The power of logic is not really lost on them, they actively fight against it. Call it Stockholm syndrome perhaps.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I am perplexed and intrigued by your newsletter and wish to subscribe to your services.

in other news.

I have no idea what just happened in this thread.

good day to you !

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Oh just a short story I suppose, and I do mean short.

In other news if Einsteins body were a physical representation of his mental strength perhaps it would look similar to your avatar. Maybe an avatar can allow one to peer into the mind of another in some cases...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
That was just a tad bit disturbing.

No, wait. Really disturbing.

You do realize we have a short story forum here? See the link in my sig for the latest contest. I think you'd do a fine job expressing yourself over there.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I'm sure the mods will move it if they see fit.

Edit: By the by I wouldn't say it's a fictional short story, it could be depending on how you look at it. It's a fictional short story, unless you have the key. I feel as though I've given them the key though... If they've been paying attention.
edit on 8-11-2012 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

Rumor has it, they've been paying attention.
edit on 8-11-2012 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

A marvelous course of action

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Lol 15 miles, they would be gone before I got home

ETA: I'm setting my "mood" to choco taco - thanks lol
edit on 11/8/12 by Miri08 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join