It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has Obama done for the Middle Class?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic
If Obama is this class warfare warrior, what has he done for the Middle Class??

Here is a good article that tells how President Obama has tried to help the middle class; particularly since Sept. of 2011.

Many in Congress were against how the President proposed to help the middle class; many many of those in Congress that blocked his help were republicans.

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

reply to post by kosmicjack

You got $300 but Middle Class income fell by $4500

You got $300 while unemployment went over 8%

You got $300 while the debt increased to 16 trillion

You got $300 while the gap between the rich and the poor increased

You got $300 while the Fed flooded the markets with cheap dollars that enriched the 1%

You got $300 dollars while those on Food Stamps increased and young kids graduating from college can't find a job

I didn't lay anyone off.

I didn't support endless cash sucking wars.

I don't dodge my fair taxes in offshore havens

The FED is a beast controlled by no one, much less my middle class family

I support social programs for the poor in charitable donations, tax dollars and in philosophy. As for the college kids who can't find a job, look to their Boomer parents whose politics divested the country of most of it's jobs and wealth...

I'm not saying my three hundred dollars is enough to rectify the gutting of the middle class for the last 30 years but I am saying Obama is is the first President who has done anything significant to help my family directly.

Sure Bush had tax cuts but we're paying for those on the back end now aren't we?

edit on 11/8/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

You got $300 while the Fed flooded the markets with cheap dollars that enriched the 1%

You got $300 dollars while those on Food Stamps increased and young kids graduating from college can't find a job

You can also get an Obama Phone too don't forget about that one

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensdoexist

Exactly, Obama gives them crumbs while sinking them and all they can talk about is the crumbs.

It's like if I beat you up and break your bones and then give you a Whopper with Cheese, all you can talk about is how great the Whopper is.

Obama has destroyed the Middle Class but he gave them $300 dollars.

link   
reply to post by neoholographic

Dropped social security tax by 2%. My only benefit. Living in CA is so expense, thus high wages, few were awarded free money (stimulus). Sigh

link   

LoL!

Now see, that IS a way Obama has helped the poor and the elderly.

Though I'm sure that's not how you meant it.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

I didn't lay anyone off.

I didn't support endless cash sucking wars.

I don't dodge my fair taxes in offshore havens

The FED is a beast controlled by no one, much less my middle class family

I support social programs for the poor in charitable donations, tax dollars and in philosophy. As for the college kids who can't find a job, look to their Boomer parents whose politics divested the country of most of it's jobs and wealth...

I'm not saying my three hundred dollars is enough to rectify the gutting of the middle class for the last 30 years but I am saying Obama is is the first President who has done anything significant to help my family directly.

Sure Bush had tax cuts but we're paying for those on the back end now aren't we?

edit on 11/8/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

Um yeah how do you suppose the $5,000,000,000,000 debt he tacked on since 2008 is gonna get paid back? Your talking about the paying back the Bush Tax cut now the Bush Tax cut barely put a dent into the deficit oh yeah and your boy also renewed that tax cut so that's probably Bush's fault for that, hello what about the 5 trillion greenbacks Obama has put us in the hole to repay. Oh nevermind who cares about that when you got an extra $300 bucks, hey all is good now with that $300 dont worry about that 5 trillion, China will give us more credit with them we'll worry about paying that bill some other time.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Look, I think we're at an impasse.

The OP asked what Obama had done for the Middle Class. I answered.

Now you are whining about the debt.

I say let's cut foreign aid, foreign wars and corporate tax subsidies. Keep the money we have and make the people who owe us pay -not get more from those of us who have done their fair share.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The op is right what has Obama done for the middle class?

Other than play robbing hood and steal from the rich to pay for those who aren't.

Ultimately tho Obama was re elected the people have spoken that in itself shows how pointless threads are on here unless they worship the guy.

They have their hollow victory this nation is burning to the ground 6 trillion in 4 years and another 6 trillion by 2016.

That is 12 trillion of debt incurred by the Obama years that make the last guy look like an amateur.

They got want they wanted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join