It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

November 8, 2012 volcano activity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

The shallow earthquake swarm at or near Mammoth Mountain volcano (CA), appears to have begun,…in nearby Long Valley Caldera. (station MRD). As with the precursory deep low-frequency earthquake swarm at Mammoth Mountain on 29 October, the shallow earthquakes are accompanied by a deflection in the trend of deformation recorded on nearby dilatometers, though nowhere as pronounced as that which occurred with the deep swarm (so far).

Frequent (An average of more than two per hour) exhalations of gas and ash continue at Popocatepetl volcano (Mexico) today. The seismogram recorded at the volcano today shows a mix of exhalation signals (upper), a regional earthquake (middle), and small local earthquakes imprinted over weak volcanic tremor (lower).

Volcanic tremor has strengthened (or become more visible without the telemetry(?) interference that has plagued INSIVUMEH seismograms the past week!) at Pacaya, Fuego and Santa Maria volcanoes (Guatemala). (stations PCG, FG3, and STG6 respectively)

Another burst of volcano-tectonic earthquakes is underway within Nevado Del Ruiz volcano (Colombia) this morning. The persistence (and strengthening?) of the activity suggests renewed magma intrusion beneath the volcano. (station OLLZ)

Trains of low amplitude earthquakes are apparent on the seismogram recorded at Tongariro volcano (New Zealand) today. This is a departure from the relatively quiet behavior of the volcano over the past few months. Local earthquakes are also occurring at nearby Ruapehu volcano, along with periods of low-level volcanic tremor. Offshore from the North Island, White Island quivers with continuous volcanic tremor again today.

Recent satellite imagery depicts relatively weak SO2 plumes issuing from Popocatepetl, Turrialba/Poas volcanoes (Costa Rica), Nevado Del Ruiz, Ambrym (Vanuatu), Bagana (New Guinea) and Dukono

this is scary stuff all the earthquakes the supper storms volcano activity after the earthquakes yesterday..it leads me to believe that the earth is going throught some serious changes...anybody else feel the same way?the earth quakes magior one at thaT are like every other day now. here is the link earthquake-report.com...
edit on 8-11-2012 by q13ert because: (no reason given)

Several Central American sites down today, no doubt as a result of the big quake there yesterday. Would love to see the Guatemalan volcano seismograms this morning!

The swarm of small earthquakes (M

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
someone is going to come in and say this so i might as well beat them too it.

Every thing is fine, its all normal!

but honestly, alot of us are on this site because we started noticing changes, well thats what brought me here about 4 years ago

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
someone is going to come in and say this so i might as well beat them too it.

Every thing is fine, its all normal!

but honestly, alot of us are on this site because we started noticing changes, well thats what brought me here about 4 years ago

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I seem to remember reading somewhere that as we got closer to the alignment of all the planets ( dec 21) we were going to have stronger storms and earthquakes. As the earth would be taking a beating from the suns rays by the way it's positioned...something about the milkyway too....

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Here's another site where they usually give a weekly volcanic report.

Funny how if you look for lists of worldwide volcanic activity through the years they don't exist. I guess they don't want us to notice the massive increase in volcanic activity.

Active volcanoes weekly list

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up!!

Hate to see these all go off at once......Geesh!!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
What you posted is more or less normal activity. I will really start to worry if Yellowstone, or one of the other super volcanoes, starts to act up. Less threatening, but still worrisome, is the Iceland volcano, Katla, that has historically gone off within 5 years of the earlier eruption of Eyjafjalljokull, and has been much worse than it. Remember, Eyjafjalljokull is the one that shut down all the airlines in parts of the northern hemisphere for weeks. If Katla lives up to it's history it will fall somewhere between the last major Popocatépetl eruption and Yellowstone.

new topics

top topics

join