It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pfc. Bradley Manning offers guilty plea in Wikileaks case (Whoa!)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by Xcathdra

If they ever do prosecute Assange, if he is for real, and not an intelligence asset, they would use a military court. That is what I think anyway.

Assange is not subject to the UCMJ since he is not military and has not been captured on a battlefield. If he is charged it will be civilian court.

Yes and this is why Assange will never be charged for this crime! It's more likely he will be indicted on some trumped up charge or suicided! Only if he is not some CIA asset spreading disinfo! Which I believe IMHO to be true!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by nosacrificenofreedom
Yes and this is why Assange will never be charged for this crime! It's more likely he will be indicted on some trumped up charge or suicided! Only if he is not some CIA asset spreading disinfo! Which I believe IMHO to be true!

Assange can be charged under US domestic law... The UCMJ does not apply to anyone other than those people who serve in the US military.

The military tribunals only apply to those people who are captured on a battlefield in Afghanistan.

Assange can still face charges in the US, and quite frankly he should be charged.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join