It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Bush or Kerry? Iraqis Mixed Over Choices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
When questioned, Iraqi's seemed quite mixed in their view of which person they'd like to see in the White House beginning in 2005. Much of their views are dictated by their feelings about the presence of American troops and are divided largely along ethnic and sectarian lines with Kurds being pro-American, Shi'ites initially having favored American intervention but now being resentful of it, and Sunnis being fiercely anti-American.

story.news.yahoo.com
BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Some see U.S. presidential challenger Senator John Kerry as an articulate war hero with credentials to lead a superpower, others are grateful President Bush toppled Saddam Hussein

But even if Iraqis could vote in the U.S. presidential elections, few believe either man will save their country from daily carnage.

"Bush should just retire. He has given me nothing but headaches. He removed Saddam and gave us many other big problems. America needs a new leader," said Abbas Muhammad.

"Now Iraq has huge problems. I like Kerry but I really don't think much will change here even if Iraqis could vote in America."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

One of the most interesting comments in the article came from a middle-aged contruction manager in Iraq who said that he believed it wouldn't matter who wins as American policies in the Middle East are determined by Israel. It was interesting to see how an individual like that shares such a controversial view with many Americans.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
POLITICS: Iraq War Takes Spotlight in Kerry-Bush Fight

new topics

join