It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

materialisation? or insanity?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This is a strange and funny one, since I couldn't stop laughing after hearing this story.

It happened to a friend of mine who I know to be honest and is very dear to me. She never had interest in the Paranormal or spiritual, until a few years ago when her husband died and she slowly started to grasp that there is more to this world then the eye can see.

Last week she told me this:
She had gone to the store for two small pieces of meat. She was going to cook that night and wanted to make double portions so she could save one in the freezer for later consumption.
When she started with the meat, she placed the two pieces on a plate to put salt and pepper on it on both sides, then placed them in a pan on the stove. While they where baking, she turned to the sink to start the dishes so that the stove was behind her.
Not more then 2 min later she turned towards the stove again and discovered, not two small pieces, but 3 very big pieces of meat in her pan!

Her words: "that pan was completely filled up with the meat! I couldn't believe what i was seeing and just stood there for about 5 minutes staring at it and thinking 'this is not possible'. I remember putting salt and pepper on two so I rubbed my finger on all of the pieces and tasted and they ALL had salt and pepper on them. Then I burst into uncontrollable laughing. I thought I was loosing my mind. After a while I thanked (late husbands name) for the extra meat, I think he wanted to stay for dinner! hahaha"

I had to laugh when she told me this and I can't explain it either... never even heard of a story like this ever before. I asked her if she had more experiences like this or was taking medication... heard voices, seeing things that are out of the ordinary, etc.... she said 'no' to all of my questions, she doesn't have health or psychological problems and isn't on medication or recreational drugs. She hadn't drank alcohol at the time.

Now as i said before, I know this women as an honest person who wouldn't make up stories like this so I do believe that, eventually, there where 3 big pieces of meat in the pan when she thought she'd put in only two.
Maybe she was confused about the amount of meat she put in the pan?
How can you mistake between two small pieces and 3 big pieces? She is not that old to be that forgetful...

After this she really started to doubt her sanity and she needs to find an explanation. I told her she better not tell this to too many other people

so, thoughts anyone?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

The more she thinks she's crazy, the worse it's gonna get. Thinking your crazy puts off a really weird vibe, and attracts craziness.
To be quite honest, I was moving furniture and swear I saw JFK standing in a room, complete with goopy head, where there was no lamp, no dress dummy, nothing that could be mistaken for anything else but a man with well coiffed bangs despite the fact the hair on the back of his head was literally allover the place, including his suit.
What do I think about it? Stuff happens. I'm not going to bite my nails worrying about it.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Usually i have things dissapear to the sock monster....

But really, it may have happened. The reality we live in is not very strong. Its questionable if ireality is even real

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I have heard of very, very few cases of true materialization. The problem is that our belief and our desire are not strong enough to complete such a task. With that said, I have no real idea what happened to your friend.

Advise her to NOT expect anything, but still remember it if something does happen again.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCounselor
reply to post by GypsK

The more she thinks she's crazy, the worse it's gonna get. Thinking your crazy puts off a really weird vibe, and attracts craziness.
To be quite honest, I was moving furniture and swear I saw JFK standing in a room, complete with goopy head, where there was no lamp, no dress dummy, nothing that could be mistaken for anything else but a man with well coiffed bangs despite the fact the hair on the back of his head was literally allover the place, including his suit.
What do I think about it? Stuff happens. I'm not going to bite my nails worrying about it.

She's worried that something is wrong with her memory. She remember buying 2 pieces at the store, only to discover 3 in the baking pan. If this is truely her memory playing tricks on her then I think she does have something to worry about....
but at this moment we rather think it's 'paranormal' since there is no indication of illness at all.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac

But really, it may have happened. The reality we live in is not very strong. Its questionable if ireality is even real

agreed... reality may not be 'real' but I haven't heard of many cases of altering the fake reality...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
I have heard of very, very few cases of true materialization. The problem is that our belief and our desire are not strong enough to complete such a task. With that said, I have no real idea what happened to your friend.

Advise her to NOT expect anything, but still remember it if something does happen again.

I've heard of none at all!
And at the time this was happening she wasn't even thinking about that meat... no desire or willpower was involved here.
I doubt something else will happen any time soon, but if it does I'll update this story

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

Reality is as real as we want it to be.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

She interacted with the meat enough to know how many pieces she had; purchasing, seasoning, baking. etc.. I don't think her memory is failing at all.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK

agreed... reality may not be 'real' but I haven't heard of many cases of altering the fake reality...

Most people dont notice the holes in it.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I'm curious, you said that you had to laugh and didn't know why and she also had to laugh for no reason once she realized the situation. It may be my sense of humor or something lost in translation but I don't find the story particularly humorous and I guess I am curious if you did at all. If neither of you found it particularly humorous and as you said she has been exploring the paranormal since her husbands passing, perhaps her explorations have attracted some unwanted attention.

I know grief can be very powerful and it can drive people into situations they normally wouldn't put themselves in. Could it be that the illusion was the 2 pieces of meat and once the illusion was broken the laughter wasn't her emotion but something pushed upon her? There are many types of trickster entities reported by many cultures and I would think an emotionally vulnerable person exploring and expanding their horizons would be a prime target for manipulation. I'm not saying that's the only answer or even the most logical, but it's an avenue worth exploring.

Aside from an illusion, the only possible "confusion" explanation I can think of is butterfly cuts. Meat by nature contracts when cooked, that's why you let it rest after cooking so the juices can be reabsorbed as the meat cools and the tissues open up a little. The only way I can see 2 small pieces expanding and even multiplying is if they were butterflied and the contraction of the meat made the butterfly cut open up and flip the top over. This would require some extreme confusion on her part of course but it is an option. I guess I would talk to your friend and try to find out how much exploring she's done and if she's felt emotions that really didn't seem like her own aside from the laughing.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

sincerely interested in understanding what you mean by holes in reality... like the matrix? please explain your holes.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic

sincerely interested in understanding what you mean by holes in reality... like the matrix? please explain your holes.

Basically...but less mechanical then youd think a matrix would be. Im not totally sure its a matrix, but its not all that real...but im not saying its fake either. Things like time slips. Ive had a couple of times where ive slipped just a few minutes into the past and lived the same moment twice.

Also, solid objects arent solid. Theyre mostly air at a molecular level, and moreso at quantum levels. And dont forget, matter is just very concentrated energy. it can be annihilated with antimatter or less so in a nuclear explosion. Matter is energy times the speed of light squared basically....

Sometimes if im really tired the floor starts moving like fabric.

As far as the matrix....i have a theory that we are infact in the matrix, and i do believe it, and am attempting to hack it. I dont think that more than a hundred thousand or so people exist. Some people are just so damn fake that i think they might really be fake. Theyre sentient programs being used to fill in the gaps. Some of them are members on ats. Theres also the agents. met one once.....

But i find it very odd that i can travel the country, encounter millions of people, and constantly run into one of maybe a couple thousand people i "know".......

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I was stuck out somewhere and needed to make a long distance phone call.....back in the day. Well I didnt have enough change, got mad and pounded my fist down on the pay phone......money came out like a slot mechine.....3.50$.
edit on 8-11-2012 by Logarock because: n

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

wow i don't even know what to say to that... going back to the friend of the op.. i don't think she experienced a reality warp.. i think the butterfly cutting makes the most sense logically.. however we live in an illogical world so could it have been her husband from beyond saying he was hungry too.. i dunno.. i wouldn't call it manifestation because the person did not intentionally "want" more meat.. it just so happened.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by shortchop79
I'm curious, you said that you had to laugh and didn't know why and she also had to laugh for no reason once she realized the situation. It may be my sense of humor or something lost in translation but I don't find the story particularly humorous and I guess I am curious if you did at all. If neither of you found it particularly humorous and as you said she has been exploring the paranormal since her husbands passing, perhaps her explorations have attracted some unwanted attention.

good point, I don't know why I find the story funny and why I laughed when she told me. Maybe because my first impression was disbelieve, maybe it was the way she told it..... hm, let me correct that: for me it's normal to find weird experiences funny. I had many and after all this time I'm not afraid of it so I just laugh and move on, that's how I am.
But for her, it is indeed not normal to find these things funny.... I think it was more of an emotional reaction to what happened.

When her husband died she came to me because she knew I was into the occult and spiritual practices. All she wanted at first was to have proof that her husband was still around somewhere.
She had small experiences that really could have been anything, nothing major.

Aside from an illusion, the only possible "confusion" explanation I can think of is butterfly cuts. Meat by nature contracts when cooked, that's why you let it rest after cooking so the juices can be reabsorbed as the meat cools and the tissues open up a little. The only way I can see 2 small pieces expanding and even multiplying is if they were butterflied and the contraction of the meat made the butterfly cut open up and flip the top over.

The meat was liver, two small pieces, I don't think they have butterfly cuts (wouldn't exactly know because I never buy it, it's yuck!)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I think most people have experienced something strange they might not be able to explain happens probably at least once in ones life time i would say....

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Butterfly cut debunk is bull. All three pieces of meat had salt and pepper rubbed on both sides. No way in hell to salt and pepper inside a butterfly cut without noticing cut is therr

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Butterfly cut debunk is bull. All three pieces of meat had salt and pepper rubbed on both sides. No way in hell to salt and pepper inside a butterfly cut without noticing cut is therr

while it is somewhat of a moot point since it was liver (organ meat can expand when cooked where as muscle meat contracts) rubbing each with your fingers and licking isn't exactly a fool proof method of tasting for salt and pepper. I do agree though that the butterfly idea wasn't very probable, it was just the only type of innocent mistake that I could think of that didn't imply something supernatural or an impairment on her part. The crux of this boils down to perception or physical reality. Some of us believe perception can be altered, some believe that reality isn't real an can be manipulated and altered. Some believe both but given the information at hand all we can do is throw out possible scenarios to see which ones stick and which ones don't.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
If she had used pepper the way i do she wouldnt need to lick it
haha

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join