It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Disaster Centers Shut Doors 'Due to Weather'....Seriously? FEMA FAIL!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
They fly into disaster areas, but flee from raindrops.

FEMA disaster recovery centers in Hurricane Sandy-ravaged sections of the city that were supposed to provide assistance to hurricane victims went MIA Wednesday morning, posting signs saying that they were closed due to the approaching Nor'easter.

www.dnainfo.com...

I was surprised to read this article today and I am still shocked. When people needed them they dissappear.

(Mods, I did search for this here as best as I could and could not locate the same subject, please move if it is in the wrong forum, thank you)

Mods could you please move to the appropriate forum? Thank you. I posted here in error.
edit on 8-11-2012 by imagineering because: Added Launguage.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
With the cold weather approaching these site where suppose to be warming sites.

From the article "The site is listed on FEMA's list of NYC recovery centers, and was supposed to be open from 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday. The site was also included in the city's list of warming facilities supposed to open at 9 a.m. on Wednesday at the site."
Someone is dropping the ball big time here, these facilities are needed for the aid of the victims of superstorm Sandy, with them closed down where are all these people suppose to get the needed help?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Although ironic it's not really to crazy for someone to not want to stay in an area and die.

FEMA office people can't really help people if they are dead.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by knowledgedesired

Well with that reasoning I guess it is better for the public, who needed warm weather shelter to die instead.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by knowledgedesired
Although ironic it's not really to crazy for someone to not want to stay in an area and die.

FEMA office people can't really help people if they are dead.

Sorry what a rediculas comment. The weather did not even warrant an evacuation, so Im guessing you didnt even read the article.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by imagineering

You're surprised? Look at what happened in New Orleans. What did it take them a week to even show their faces? I don't really believe in the camps but as time goes on as see them failing left and right I can't help but wonder what FEMA is really here for.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

I agree, and I seriously thought they may have learned their lesson. I guess I was wrong. I feel terrible for all those people!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
This is beyond ridiculous.

They have been interviewing people from the affected areas off and on for the last 24 hours...they're desperate. Crying. Begging for help.

Where's the outrage for these people?

Where is the help?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

They have been interviewing people from the affected areas off and on for the last 24 hours...they're desperate. Crying. Begging for help.

Where is the help?

I couldnt agree with you more! I watch an youtube vid of many residents weeping and begging for help, allot of them said they would even work to distribute supplies. Very very sad situation on the east coast and my heart goes out to them.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
After watching FEMA for quite some time now, I have
come to the conclusion that their purpose is to not help anyone
before,during or after, a disaster.
but, to make the situation as terrible as they possibly can.
By putting road blocks between the people and the relief.
Do you remember Katrina ? I remember the Police saying
"Shoot to kill" anyone from FEMA caught cutting electric cables.
( they were seen doing just that ) Remember the people being
forced to remain in New Orleans,La. ? The conditions at the "Super Dome"?
FEMA is nothing more than a Rouge Government agency with no oversight.
FEMA is NOT here to help.
FEMA is not concerned about Peoples well being.
FEMA is not the Red Cross, They are the opposite .
People are better off with-out FEMA. We were getting along just fine
before they came along. (remember that) !

And remember this also, They really enjoy what they're doing.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

Where is the help?

I really hate to post this, but.....

These people are being ignored because the media doesn't want it to look bad for the president. I do not blame the president at all for what is happening (or isn't). But for many if you show these agencies negatively they fear it reflects bad on him.

Again, I don't blame him, but it is a perception issue. And reflects bad on our media also.
edit on 8-11-2012 by OneisOne because: Typo... Double word.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BrainGarden

Wow, thank you for putting it into a percepective a never knew. What is there sole purpose then? To cause an emergency to to become some type of False Flag event? So that TPTB can implement their agenda. I asked honestly, Ive just touched on allot of these things and always have wondered what and if there is a connection.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

That being the case, I think there needs to be a growing outcry then, one the media clowns cannot ignore.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

You should blame him. Of all the people in the US he's the one that can actually give the order to get every helping hand they can get down there. The Army, The National Guards, who ever. But no. It's more advantageous to parole the borders of countries that don't even pose a threat to your country or mine simply to secure foreign resources than saving his own peoples lives. Way to go Mr. President...just like Bush

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I thought there were U.S. Navel ships positioned off shore? That's what they said right after the storm.

After Ike or maybe it was Katrina, people lived on the ships for a time. Why not let people do so now? At least it would be warm.

Or vouchers for hotel rooms.

Get the National Guard in there to clear roads and debris and set up generators until utility crews get the power back up.

Something.

Otherwise, the death toll will continue to rise, weeks later.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
:shk: I saw that on the news this morning .... closed 'due to weather'. I didn't know if I should laugh because of the absurdity or what. In the end I just let myself be 'sad' .. my heart broke just a bit more for my country. I've lived too long ... I don't like what I see happening with the USA. We've peaked and are on the way doooooooooooown ...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
convenient cover story.... they're getting ready to round up all the dissidents and others that der fuhrer obama disapproves of .....

why would anyone expect fema to save them when its got a history of total failure at providing assistance in disasters ?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

edit on 8-11-2012 by knowledgedesired because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by imagineering

Wow, thank you for putting it into a percepective a never knew. What is there sole purpose then? To cause an emergency to to become some type of False Flag event? So that TPTB can implement their agenda. I asked honestly, Ive just touched on allot of these things and always have wondered what and if there is a connection.

Well,yes.
One piece of the puzzle, Look, at the risk of sounding like a conspiracy wacko....
People can argue all they want but; The FEMA Camps are REAL !( all over youtube)
The coffin liners are REAL. The FEMA trailers are REAL. to help those dislocated by
disasters (although they were full of Fermaldihide and made everyone sick as hell.)???
They are guilty of making disasters far worse than they are by doing things like
confiscating guns during Katrina (not conspiracy theory ,but a FACT.) They are using
disasters to test how people react to the implimentation of unconstitutional acts
against segments of society. "Little things" that make the news once and are forgotten.
(making the media a willing partner)
They are also training , to inact Marshal law. It's also training people to "accept"
being at the mercy of people who answer to no one."SLAVES"
I know it sounds crazy, But, There it is.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I thought this situation would garner more attention in the media, I guess it is a huge struggle for both sides to get anything done. In my realistic and balanced view, I could see how it is difficult to get supplies into the area, with no roads. I can see how difficult it is to reach everyone, being that there is so many. I guess when I am on the outside looking in, I need to be more reasonable. The world is going to he*&, !!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join