It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Be Prepared Thread....But Different...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I appreciate your post, being prepared should be everyones priority right now... Yet.. almost no one is prepared, i heard a rumor from and intelligent source that some kind of bombs or type of explosives are being submerged into the atlantic ocean by the NAVY to make some kind of "asteroid impact simulation" to create a sort of catastrophe where they can blame on a "asteroid" therefore depopulating the planet... Rumors are rumors right? Some believe others dont... Regarless of a fact or fiction... Im gona get prepared now....

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I wonder if all the underground missiles installed along the Grand Central Parkway in NY in the mid 1950's are still there and operable?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DENBY

i wonder if you can supply any credible evidence for your claim

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I think it would be kinda fun if the SHTF. Like it would be the ultimate survival test. Like man against nature. No more creature comforts. It's everyone for themselves in a winner takes all stakes game of survivor! Just think for once in your entire life you'd actually "come alive".

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Hi and thanks for the always needed reminder. I live in a shoe box apartment just outside of the city. Iv'e got NO room for storage but under the sink instead of cleaning products i have the following:

1 x single ring gas stove with a heat exchanger on it
12 x pressurized gas cylinders. (Enough for 2 week supply)
1 x Army issue 1st aid kit
24 x cans of tuna dated 2015-17
10kg's rice
10kg's pasta
20 x canned tomatoes
2L's of soy sauce
2 x flashlight with optional low noise wind up handle
20 x canned meals (beef stew, chicken stew, Chinese, Indian, etc)
2kg powderd milk
2 kg of porrage oats
4 x toothbrush, 3x 24 tablets of painkillers.
500ml hydrogen peroxide
1 x assorment of different batteries
1 x small tool kit (pliers, cable cutters/strippers, etc)
2 x 50L rucksacks (me and my partner)
1L of bleach, 5x soap bars
2x survival straws
A few other bits and bobs

I also have 5x thick long and strong planks of wood inside the boiler cubord with 6" nails and a hammer should as the last resort i need to barricade the door.

and being that i live in the UK the most important thing, 1x ali baseball bat. I also grow an assortment of my own herbs on my windowsill. Garlic being the most important for health.

All this plus a few other bits is in a space less than 2ft by 2ft. So there's a good example of how little room is needed for the bare essentials. I also have 2 large buckets outside on the balcony which being 50L each can collect just enough rain water for emergency situations. I also rotate this stock and eat it when its around 2 months to expiry, however i always replace what iv'e used prior to eating.

Remember the baseball bat don't think people are going to knock politely in a SHTF situation.

All this set me back around £200ish but whats that on the price of survival? To me this is normal and only 40+ years ago it would have been considered as very little prep.

I think this stuff should be taught in school but the establishment wouldn't want that now would they ha ha. Happy prepping all.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Don't forget a tin/can opener!
Toilet roll/plasters/towels/fleece blankets/tea-light candles/wind-up radio/fire lighters/matches/whistle/scissors/accurate book to recognise edible plants/safety pins/sewing kit/dried foods to rehydrate/water purifier tabs/plastic bags/batteries/spare charged car battery ......The more I think about it, the bigger the car I'll have to get.
Take a look round camping/fishing/agricultural/boating suppliers to check out what is available, it will trigger more thoughts about what you need and how small you can pack stuff.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
In the municipality where I reside, a town councillor was recently shot down in flames by our mayor for attempting to ask questions about the town's emergency information centre (EIC).

For 19 years she has been a volunteer member of the EIC and had grown concerned over the lack of meetings, training, the condition of its supplies and equipment. She dared to direct questions about this to the fire chief who was in attendance at the town council meeting.

Instead of getting answers or explanations for the apparent lack of attention to maintaining preparedness, she was personally attacked for allowing herself to be in a 'conflict of interest' situation (ie. being both a volunteer on this EIC committee while simultaneously serving as a town councillor).

Makes one wonder why the important and valid nature of her questions regarding town emergency preparedness was deflected such that she became the focus and under personal attack.

As a resident and tax payer, I sure would like to know how current the town's preparations are and could not care less whether this councillor is a member of the committee and the council.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uberdavo

Originally posted by cosmicexplorer
If something causes the spread of panic we could see difficult times. I work as a police officer and I recently took off the days around this time and asked my chief if they had any emergency plan in place. The answer was "no". I then inquired if we had an emergency plan at all for any kind of major event. We don't really....just some minor concepts.

You were working as a police officer how long before you thought it may be important to find out this kind of info and ask your superiors about it???

Societies finest at work

Thx smart ass
I was inquiring to the December 21st plan....we actually set up stuff for when they thought the flu would be really bad....What I wanted to know is where are we keeping stores of food and water...which buildings are we securing...and they didn't have anything worked out....like I said we have some "concepts". The problem is no one thinks anything will happen December 21st which is most likely right, but Im more concerned if people panic that day. No need to attack me bro just cause of my profession.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
I think it would be kinda fun if the SHTF. Like it would be the ultimate survival test. Like man against nature. No more creature comforts. It's everyone for themselves in a winner takes all stakes game of survivor! Just think for once in your entire life you'd actually "come alive".

Man there are days I feel this in a sick way...I get so frustrated with society and the public...people have become so reliant on other people. The majority of my calls are for such minor tasks a 16 year old kid still in high school could do my job...then the public whines about how I do my job. There are definitely days where I have looked at someone and thought "well someday you will need my services and I wont be there". It was kind of the same when I joined the military....if we were going to be in combat I wanted it to be me who was there in the battle. I guess I watched too many rambo movies as a kid haha.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by tazdeill2

Candles are a great source for so many things....I have probably 100 candles stored away....they create a light source, a heat source if used right, and its easy to start fires with them. Good point!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet
Just curious if you live in a major metropolitan city?
I think major cities do have plans at all times because they have to. Do you disagree with this?

Mass panic would be the worst scenario. They must be using every disaster to study this.

That only happens in Hollywood. Analysis shows people don't mass panic. Surveys have also shown that best group of people to help in a disaster are the people themselves and NOT the authorities.

Remember 911? Did you see New Yorkers fleeing away trampling over each other ? Or did you see thousands watching the thing in disbelief from begining to end?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Well ain't that just dandy! I wonder how many other states are like this? Scary...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by DENBY

i wonder if you can supply any credible evidence for your claim

Sure. It was front page news the world over.

Guess you hadda be there.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

The way you worded your first post, it did seem like you were talking about any event, at any time. That being said, I was not making fun of you because of your profession
. Well, maybe a lil bit. Thankyou for clearing it up though

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Fun? Fun to watch your lesser prepared neighbors die? Fun to watch your Grandmother/ Grandfather/ Mom/Dad/sister/brother/child die because of lack of basic medical care? Fun to go for days without eating anything of substance? Fun to filter your water on the run if you happen to have filtration devices? Fun to sleep in the rain or snow? Fun to have to build a shelter each and every day because you're on the run? Fun to watch your children die of dehyration or poisoning because there is no water that's safe to drink? Fun to have to improvise footwear because there are no new ones being made? Fun to watch your food, assuming you're able to find some, spoil for lack of refrigeration before you can eat it all? Fun to watch a stronger man/group of men take your wife/mother/daughter/son and use them however they wish?

Your idea of fun and mine are very different. Being prepared for all of the above is not the same as thinking it's fun.

edit on 9/11/2012 by SeenMyShare because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DENBY

thats a no then

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

My word Sir is my credibility.
In this case I was there.
With all due respect I will not discuss this further in this thread as we are rudely going way off topic.
Perhaps another time.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I am here to state that nothingwill happen.

Life will go on as normal.

Boring I know.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicexplorer

Originally posted by r2d246

Man there are days I feel this in a sick way...I get so frustrated with society and the public...people have become so reliant on other people. The majority of my calls are for such minor tasks a 16 year old kid still in high school could do my job...then the public whines about how I do my job. There are definitely days where I have looked at someone and thought "well someday you will need my services and I wont be there". It was kind of the same when I joined the military....if we were going to be in combat I wanted it to be me who was there in the battle. I guess I watched too many rambo movies as a kid haha.

Well most people are caught up in a weird child like state of mind. I'm not saying I'm John Rambo but I see mass brainwashing and mass psychosis going on out there. Eveyrone's asleep and childlike.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
reply to post by r2d246

Fun? Fun to watch your lesser prepared neighbors die? Fun to watch your Grandmother/ Grandfather/ Mom/Dad/sister/brother/child die because of lack of basic medical care? Fun to go for days without eating anything of substance? Fun to filter your water on the run if you happen to have filtration devices? Fun to sleep in the rain or snow? Fun to have to build a shelter each and every day because you're on the run? Fun to watch your children die of dehyration or poisoning because there is no water that's safe to drink? Fun to have to improvise footwear because there are no new ones being made? Fun to watch your food, assuming you're able to find some, spoil for lack of refrigeration before you can eat it all? Fun to watch a stronger man/group of men take your wife/mother/daughter/son and use them however they wish?

Your idea of fun and mine are very different. Being prepared for all of the above is not the same as thinking it's fun.

edit on 9/11/2012 by SeenMyShare because: (no reason given)

don't you watch "The Walking Dead" or "Revolution" or shows like that??? Yes that's how life would be like. And it would be fun! It would be an adventure! People can actually go for a long time without food, so you're okay there. You just need water. But seriously, you'd actually come to life for the first time in your whole life. Even if you only lived for a few days, you'd for once at least "really come to life". And maybe snap out of the MSM mass psychosis. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.... hellen keller

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join