It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russians have found Life on the Moon since 1970!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
You are RIGHT! The Russians did find life there!!!

Sorry couldn't resist....

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv

Originally posted by Bilky

Originally posted by charlyv
. There would be no food source for any bacteria or single/ simple unicellular life for that matter, no atmospheric oxygen, no liquid water, nothing that could sustain any form of life as we know it.

edit on 8-11-2012 by charlyv because: spelling where caught

edit on 8-11-2012 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-11-2012 by charlyv because: spelling where caught

There are bacteria that live kilometres below the ground and feed off of elemental sulphur with no atmospheric oxygen available and probably never was at that depth. geysers that boil have rare bacteria that can survive harsh extremes. I have no trouble contemplating bacteria on the moon. Btw water is present in a frozen state on the moon and also antarctica has its own bacterial species.
edit on 9-11-2012 by Bilky because: (no reason given)

Heat is one thing, but the kind of cold on the moon is much more extreme than anything or anywhere on this earth.
I am well aware of the extremophiles of Earth, but there is nothing here that can take 100c in daylight and then swing to -180c in darkness.

Nothing that i am aware of to be sure. My point is that life continually surprises us in its resillience and strangeness. I see life as a tenacious force that seems to say screw you I'll live wherever I want to. It is not impossible that something sprang up there. Scientists are continually revising their limits on life and its abilities to live.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join