It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russians have found Life on the Moon since 1970!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Glass spheres created by meteor impacts on the Moon? What a surprise!

Just because something looks like a bacteria fossil don't mean that's what it is.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

If this is true, I find it very interesting even if the origins of that life may have originated on Earth the implications would still be astounding to observe.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Blue Shift beat me to it.

1. Meteor + Moon = Impact
2. Impact liquifies impacted material
3. Melted Silicate is what most people call Glass.
4.. Yes, glass happens naturally
5. Yes, microscopic glass spheres are entirely possible; on Earth, as well as the moon, and everywhere else in the universe where silicates get melted due some process, event, or another.

Bucky Balls also form naturally in carbon. We make them on purpose for many applications, but, a spherical soccer ball of carbon is completely natural.
Planets are also typically spherical.

Just because it's spherical and is found in out of the way places doesn't means that it's life.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
Here you go Arken, they talk about the Lunar samples in this article written in 2010, which talks about the origin of life. Lots of good reading in here. The article is proposing that life was transplanted here of course.

Journal of Cosmology

That is a cool site!! Very interesting article. I'm gonna finish it after dinner! I love stuff like this.

Arken, pretty cool. I hadn't seen this before either but I'm always too busy looking for life on Mars

I think there is life on every planet personally. People say it's not possible but what do we truly know about the other planets? We can speculate based on pics but we aren't there so we don't know what can live there. Many people's argument is that life can't exist in such conditions on other planets but how do we really know that? We base it on our own science and our own planets make up of what can live here. Who is to say life on other planets isnt adapted to that climate or environment?

Thanks for sharing this, it will give me something to do tonight.

I remember as a kid staring at the face on the moon and talking to the moon. I would imagine a little city up there of people just doing their own thing. I still love to look up at the moon and wonder what is really there. I find looking at the moon very calming.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

So for me, I think the idea that microfossiles can be found on the moon is not far fetched at all. I don't think it's because it started there however, nor thrived there, but was simply transplanted from somewhere else too.

It is also possible that the microfossils were transported from Earth, when a large meteoric impact blasted Earth rock into space.

Edit to add: The title of this thread is misleading. It should read: Russian scientists find evidence of fossilized life on the Moon. Huge difference.
edit on 8-11-2012 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by eriktheawful

So for me, I think the idea that microfossiles can be found on the moon is not far fetched at all. I don't think it's because it started there however, nor thrived there, but was simply transplanted from somewhere else too.

It is also possible that the microfossils were transported from Earth, when a large meteoric impact blasted Earth rock into space.

Edit to add: The title of this thread is misleading. It should read: Russian scientists find evidence of fossilized life on the Moon. Huge difference.
edit on 8-11-2012 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

Yes the title is misleading.

It should read:
"Two different Soviets spacecrafts in two different times 1970 and 1972 have found evidence of two different fossilized microbial life in two different sites 120 km far from each other................... and THIS NEWS was kept SECRET!" Huge difference.

edit on 8-11-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
So this may not be proof of life forming elsewhere in the cosmos, but it does add to the argument that life does exist out ther, right? Assuming of course it is bacteria, not glass.

Knowing what we know about life, we know that any bacteria ejected from earth will live elsewhere. Provided it finds suitable living conditions...

So simple through logic we see life does exist out there, regardless of origin... Unless my logic is flawed... It seems to work.z. Life that leaves earth, resides in space = life in space...

I'm just saying... s kind of off topic. Sorry
edit on 8-11-2012 by PollyPeptide because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

Originally posted by forall2see
Good read for sure

However, I recall something at least similar to this being brought up before. The end conclusion was scientists claiming the organisms to have originated here on Earth and somehow got mixed into the samples during the trip

Either way, I am confident that life exists elsewhere in our universe. We may as a species, simply not yet have the technology and expansive research to prove it.

Actually the article I linked to talks about that.

One of the dissenting opinions on that is, a piece of equipment brought back from the moon by the Apollo astronauts from our lunar surveyer that had spent 8 years on the moon had a single cell of a bacteria on it.

The idea was that it came from a "dirty" work bench originally here on the Earth. The funny thing about that is, this bacteria would have 750 million cells of it in a single drop of saliva, so finding only one on the equipment was strange in itself.

Being a skeptic, at the same time, I'm very open that life here on Earth may have been from somewhere else (Mars, an asteroid, etc, etc). Many arguments for it make a lot more sense to me than: it just happened. heh.

I think another good argument for it is what we see everyday here on our planet: life is tenacious! Just TRY and keep things from spreading. I battle life every spring and summer out in my yard and garden! Plants, bugs, you name it.
One kid goes to school sick, and 100 are home the next day sick with the same thing.

I brew my own beer at home, and making sure my equipment is sterile when I begin is important, but sometimes, no mater how careful I am, I get a "skunked" batch once in a while (wild yeast or bacteria got into it).

We've seen life go dormant when conditions are not good for it or hostile for it, only to see it come alive when conditions are made right again.

Thanks for that link. I'm posting from my mobile right now, but will surely dig into that info once I return home

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

Aaawww, they are cute!

They look like little eight legged moles!

The universe is so cool!

No doubt in my mind, many planets hold treasures like these, we are not alone.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The op also adds to theory that earth life came from somewhere else.

Possibly a passenger on a celestial body.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

It should read:
"Two different Soviets spacecrafts in two different times 1970 and 1972 have found evidence of two different fossilized microbial life in two different sites 120 km far from each other................... and THIS NEWS was kept SECRET!" Huge difference.

Actually it should read:
"Two Russian biologists found a resemblance between microphotographs of particles found in lunar regolith and fossilized bacteria on Earth."

edit on 11/8/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Until its proven otherwise, their origin is on the moon.
Period.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Can anyone download this pdf on session notes from this conference?
I can not.

Wednesday Morning, 8:30 a.m. Room A Refractory Inclusions sess39.pdf
Room B Gardening on the Moon: Regolith Processes and Characterization sess40.pdf
Room C Mars: Troughs, Tectonics, and Teslas sess41.pdf
Room D Stardust: Collected, Remote, and Captured sess42.pdf

www.lpi.usra.edu...

ETA: Great thread btw and thank you for the link.

www.panspermia.org...
edit on 8-11-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

It is claimed that the camera from the SURVEYOR 3 probe which landed on the moon in April 1967 contained
Strepococcus bacteria when the camera was retrieved from the moon by the November 1969 APOLLO 12
mission (Ha ha beat the evil Russkies...)

Most likely is contamination, either before launch or after landing back on earth........

Occam's razor.......

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedman
reply to post by Arken

It is claimed that the camera from the SURVEYOR 3 probe which landed on the moon in April 1967 contained
Strepococcus bacteria when the camera was retrieved from the moon by the November 1969 APOLLO 12
mission (Ha ha beat the evil Russkies...)

Most likely is contamination, either before launch or after landing back on earth........

Occam's razor.......

You beat me to it.

Technically NASA could claim to have to have found viable life on the moon in 1969, the caveat being they had inadvertently sent it there previously.

edit on 8-11-2012 by Drunkenparrot because: added photo

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
they could just be from earth.

if an astronaut died on the moon, do you know how he will look like in a million years. exactly the same because there is no air or bacteria to decompose him.

the same with these micro organisms.

they splashed back from the earth.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This whole thing makes me wonder about all the new life found on earth every day it seems.....what if its our solar system delivering new things to us on regular basis.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Given our knowledge of past collisions with the earth, by large meteors. We can wonder if debris ejected into space from the impact may have landed on the moon! Perhaps we will find fossils of many earth life forms on the moon.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Umm hmm I'm pretty sure someone put it there and say...look there was life here. Man, I'll tell you what..

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
When did the Russians go to the Moon??

I thought only the Nazis did that...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join