It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jared Loughner Sentenced To Life In Prison For Arizona Shooting That Wounded Gabrielle Giffords

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Jared Loughner Sentenced To Life In Prison For Arizona Shooting That Wounded Gabrielle Giffords

www.huffingtonpost.com

TUCSON, Ariz. -- The man who pleaded guilty to a deadly Arizona shooting rampage that wounded former U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords has been sentenced to life in prison.

U.S. District Judge Larry Burns sentenced 24-year-old Jared Lee Loughner on Thursday for the January 2011 attack that left six people dead and Giffords and others wounded.

Loughner pleaded guilty to federal charges under an agreement that guarantees he will spend the rest of his life in prison without the possibility of parole.

The hearing marked the first time victims – including Giffords – could confront Loughner
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
A look inside the mind of erad3 (most-likely Jared Loughner)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
ATS this guy used to be on this site, just thought I would bring this news to the forums.

If you have never read any of his posts I will link them below.

His actions were without a doubt "evil".

"We here at AboveTopSecret.com, our owners, staff, and membership find ourselves in the unfortunate position of apparently being one of the largest (if not the largest) repositories of online postings by someone who has been classified as a "monster" (among other things) due to his (accused) actions of two days ago. Online research that began on Reddit, and continued here on ATS has resulted in an overwhelming amount of anecdotal evidence to support the notion that the "erad3" member account here is Jared Loughner. Indeed, the content found in more than 4,000 Google search returns (including some pages in the mainstream press) have drawn the same conclusion.

This is a rather unique situation, to say the least. I and our staff have been considering if we should provide a public statement, and if we do, what should we say? Especially since we're already being contacted by the media for comment and more information.

The postings of "erad3" reveal someone who clearly has many questions for which answers have been elusive if not outright impossible to obtain. And despite the best efforts by many of our members, it seemed there were no answers to be found here for which he was satisfied.

As is often typical, recent analysis in the media is rampant with all manner of conclusions, second-guesses, exaggerations, distortions, and missing information. The opinion of the staff and owners of AboveTopSecret.com is that it serves the public interest to provide an easy method to access every post made here by erad3 (normally, visitors must be logged-in to view such information). "

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

ETA-LOL, ok I guess that it got them mixed up and posted the link in the post above.
edit on 8-11-2012 by inverslyproportional because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I am still not convinced myself.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Since ats accounts are annonymous, there is no proof it really was Loughner, plus there is no known up to date photographs of this man besides two drastically different mugshots. Some have speculated there might not even be a Jared Loughner (do do do do twilight zone theme) and how convenient he pleads guilty to life with no parole, putting up a real defense there
of course this was AFTER a year of forced medication and AFTER he initially plead not guilty. As I said, twilight zone.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

His posts, particularly the ones that came in near the time of the incident were evidence of nothing more than they were evidence of deep mental trauma, the approach to, and eventual catastrophic slide into psychosis, and that he needed psychiatric help in the very worst possible way.

The fact is that while his actions were awful, and thier results terrible, deadly and devastating to the victims and thier families, they cannot be considered evil, because the man was psychotic. Seems to me that he still is, from the way the article describes him as having said nothing when confronted with the results of his actions. Evil requires a deliberate choice, made by a person who is in absolute control of his mind, who knows his actions to be evil, and decides to do them ANYWAY, not a person who has a conspiracy delusion and shoots a politician for reasons that only his delusion, and a deep understanding of its specifics can possibly explain.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It's not ATS' fault that he shot Giffords so you shouldn't feel the need to take responsibility for it.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Almost two years after everyone watched him do it?

This is another example of where the justice system fails.

You got caught red handed. Guilty.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I don't believe it is that the owners and or mods felt any kind of "guilt" about his actions, I think mostly a lot of people were floored by the fact he was on these boards.

I do find his actions to be "evil", as he was found to be of hi enough mental faculty to be tried and convicted. Which means he knew his actions would cause their end results, and knew they were wrong

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Double post, cause I am douche baggish like that.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
This was definitely a covert op.

They have acknowledged 24 different gunshot wounds in the 13 wounded victims. Add that to 9 wounds in the dead and you get 33 different gunshot wounds. Plus add 2 more for 'misses'--rounds recovered in the Safeway store and you have 35 rounds fired from a max 32 round gun (1 in the chamber and 31 in the mag, as per the official story).

I would like to see them explain that.

*Or maybe he didn't even fire that many:

www.npr.org...
There were still bullets in the suspect's gun when he was tackled by two bystanders, Dupnik says.

--------------

Others:

tucsoncitizen.com...
"Police arrest man near Thornydale and Magee Roads who is suspected of being connected to the shooting of Giffords and others. A third man is being sought."

www.humanevents.com...
Pima County Sheriff's Deputy Rich Kastigar told reporters that a rifle with an extended magazine was found at the scene of the shooting spree..
[Official version says pistol was used.]

www.youtube.com...
"Some witnesses told LE... that they thought there was someone was with him... it looked like he was acting with someone...."

Federal involvement
tucsoncitizen.com...
The NBC affiliate in Tucson reports that the FBI has taken over the investigation.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I was surprised that a short-term almost non-contributing member of the site would merit attention for that fact.

Calling him a former "ATS member" is only technically accurate.

Our path here, is dialog, something to which personality's like Loughner's never gel.

If anything, it should be evident that because of our self-policed drive to be civil and rational with one another, Loughner withdrew; simply because this was not "his kind of place."

Of course, there will always be those who will use the associative form of dissonant reasoning to make generalizations which serve their entrenched biases. To them I point out that posting an opinion does not poison those who read it. In fact, we here are more inclined to reality than the so-called press and media which would inflame, sensationalize, and warp to garner their 'entertainment" currency with the public.

All in all - the ATS connection has no value in this case.... except perhaps to emphasize how small the world has become.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

The good news is he is alive, and people will be able to question him for years to come. Perhaps one day he will drop a bombshell? Perhaps some adventurous ATSers could strike up a penpal relationship! We certainly have something in common with him.

There were so many other oddities to that case. Giffords subscribed to Loughner's youtube account? The fact that she was pronounced dead by a surgeon, and then a few minutes later a different doctor said she was doing well in surgery? The differing accounts of the guy that supposedly tackled Loughner.

Just a strange, strange case, but then again, of course it is! The guy went nuts and shot up a grocery store, killed a kid, and almost killed a US Represenative. It's bound to be a strange case.

Anyhow, I'm glad he got Life, because I'm holding out hope for him to say some profound stuff somewhere in the future.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

Almost two years after everyone watched him do it?

I never watched him do it. Can you post the (non-animated reenactment) video for all those who missed it? Which is impossible of course, so how exactly did you "watch him do it?" Watched in your mind maybe.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
So, going by that logic. Facebook, twitter, hotmail and any other service that he used to communicate on should also apologize. Maybe they should apologize for every thing that happens, if those persons belong to their sites

I dont think so.
edit on 11/8/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/8/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

ok, you got me. "everyone" is a generalization. good job grammar Nazi.

Almost two years after 200+ Witnesses watched him do it?

Better?

edit on 8-11-2012 by zroth because: edited because people have nothing better to do than argue grammar

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I just read some of (Erad3)'s threads and posts...and this person seems to be very confused, troubled and looking for some real answers; answers that he couldn't seem to get here.

(Erad3) has a very troubled mind and comes across as someone in an extreme state of confusion.

How do people know that (Erad3) was Loughner?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Ah, so "everyone" is now 200+, let's see if we can go lower than that, to a more reasonable few dozen witnesses (if that). Care to give a link to these 200 witnesses? I would think out of "200 witnesses" someone would have filmed it, or at least the cops taking him away, but alas, no video.

maybe 200 fbi agents witnessed him do it from the safeway video, but the public never saw that save an animated reenactment, and since there will be no trial there is no reason to ever show that video. How convenient.
edit on 8-11-2012 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I read a couple of his threads that are linked in the article by the staff, I can't even follow this guy, he is all over the place, I can't believe they found him to be sane! I am not the psychologist though.

I couldn't agree more about the mods of this site keeping it clean and reasonable, that's one of the reason I love this place so much! You guys are amazing, even when it is I that needs the moderating.

He was here and gone long before I ever joined, I never even saw any of his threads when I was lurking. All I know about the guy is what I have seen in the news, and the threads I have read here on the boards about his being a member here before he flipped his wig, well all the way off anyhways, he was always kinda weird from the statements of some of the members I read.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I read a couple of his threads that are linked in the article by the staff, I can't even follow this guy, he is all over the place, I can't believe they found him to be sane! I am not the psychologist though.

I couldn't agree more about the mods of this site keeping it clean and reasonable, that's one of the reason I love this place so much! You guys are amazing, even when it is I that needs the moderating.

He was here and gone long before I ever joined, I never even saw any of his threads when I was lurking. All I know about the guy is what I have seen in the news, and the threads I have read here on the boards about his being a member here before he flipped his wig, well all the way off anyhways, he was always kinda weird from the statements of some of the members I read.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

To be honest I am not sure what your point is...

Perhaps you can elaborate or maybe you are just arguing to argue.

It only takes one witness. Did he NOT walk up to her and sheet her in the face?

My point: Why does it take 2 years to convict someone for a crime when a witness(s) are on the scene?

Your point:

<<   2  3 >>

join