It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Fires On US Drone

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by HIWATT

And there are plenty of other reasons for it to be there, besides spying on Iranian reactors. There are navy ships in the area it could be patrolling with, or an antipiracy patrol, etc. Regardless of why it was there, it was in international airspace.

As for reports of it being in Iranian airspace, Iran was the source of those reports. I forgot they always tell the truth.

Do you think the picture with the four missiles has been altered?
It's pretty clear that all four missiles didn't launch at the same time. The question is whether this is a straight clone job [copy and paste], like The New York Times blog is suggesting, or if the fourth missile is in fact a separate missile launch that was photographed and then composited into the original picture.

www.scientificamerican.com...

If it had been in their airspace, they would have been announcing it to the world right after it happened, to try to embarrass Obama before the election. Every other time that they have downed a UAV, or anything of the sort they were yelling about it immediately. Why sit on this one? When they captured the RQ-170 (which I'm convinced they had nothing to do with the downing of), they waited about five minutes before announcing it.

So it's a he said she said scenario.

Iran said it migrated into their air space, the US says it didn't.

Who should we believe? The US, who has started war after war after war based on lies, or Iran, who hasn't invaded another country in almost 220 years.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

Yeah, you're right. Iran hasn't lied about anything happening in their country for years, so they must be telling the truth, and the US has invaded everyone in the Middle East so they're obviously lying. Iran would never do anything like sending weapons to other countries to help fight against someone else, or anything like that.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
FACTS:
1.) The drone was unarmed.
2.) The drone was over International waters/outside of Iranian airspace
3.) The drone was not hit...and returned safely

Is this an 'Act of War'?...It's certainly an Act of Aggression'!
WHAT will Barry-O do?

edit on 8-11-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

These are "facts," huh? You know # 1 and # 2 are FACTS, how? Because the media told you so? Because the US government told you so? Did you inspect the drone for weapons before launch, and did you confirm its flightpath?

Yeah, that's what i thought.

I am would go so far as to say the drone might not have been in international airspace...but that's just my speculation.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Reminds me of what Stephen Hawking said before. How do you know when you leave the room, your chair at your kitchen table doesn't fly out the room and visit the moon while you're gone and it returns just before you get back? Can you prove it was at your kitchen table the whole time? Did you see it?

edit on 11-11-2012 by Laxpla because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by cconn487

Thankfully...the U.S. is having Secret Military to Military talks with Iran's real Military Leadership.

If this is a secret how do you know about it? If it really was a secret, whoops, cat is out of the bag now... Care to post/share your source(s)?

It is a very poor kept secret. The U.S. Military has done the same thing on several occasions dating back to Panama. The U.S. Military also did this to Great Extent in Iraq and after a Republican Guard Division loyal to Saddam was OBLITERATED by a large Wing of B-52H's on a Carpet Bombing Run...all 100,000 Republican Guard Personal of that Division were Killed...many Iraqi Military Leaders decided to take the U.S. Military up on it's offer that occurred in both Private and Secret Communications as well as information about how to surrender that was air dropped by U.S. Psy-Op's.

Irans Military Leadership are not the ones who are making threats to the U.S. Military. Quite the contrary as they HATE THIS. The threats come from a Old Guard Civilian Military Spokesman who must speak these threats that are coming from the Old Religious Guard.

It is widely known that the Iranian Navy's Leadership is close to OUTRIGHT MUTINY! This is because they are aware that THEY would be the FIRST to DIE if they carried out a Suicidal Order from the Old Guard to Block the Strait of Hormuz. The U.S. Fifth Fleet would completely destroy the entire Iranian Navy in 2 or 3 days.

Secret Talks have been occurring for over a Year and it is HIGHLY POSSIBLE that if the Iranian Navy was to be given such an order that the Iranian Navy's Leadership may STAND DOWN. Here is the reality. No matter what anyone else may say on this board...The U.S. Military is capable of bringing to bear OVERWHELMING FORCE against Iran at such a level that it would make the Invasion of Iraq look like a few Firecrackers had gone off.

Such an attack at this level reflects how the U.S. Military views the way it would fight a Country that may have Nuclear Weapons. The U.S. Military would not be screwing around. The Gloves would Come Off and it is also Highly Likely that very Exotic Weaponry would be brought to bear in this even.

I more than most KNOW just how seriously the U.S. Military takes the Iranian issue. The TRUE Iranian Military Leadership has also been told this. They are very worried and want NO PART of a WAR with the United States. The Problem is the Old Religious Guard which has no problem ordering actions which would kill Hundreds of Thousands of their own Military in an effort to gain their peoples support to keep them in Power in the event they could paint such a WAR as the Zionist Controlled U.S. Military as Cold Blooded Killer of their Navy. They would most likely even state that Israel had ships that also helped destroy their Navy as NO ONE would be able to see a Naval Battle at sea.

This is why the Iranian Military may very well not carry out their orders if promised and convinced they will not be targeted in the even of U.S. Military Action to seize Nuclear Sites in Iran. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I still don't know why Iran didn't use its ultra advanced technology and bring down the drone.

Keshe himself suggests that Iran’s advanced space program has yielded flying saucers and used them to down the drone. “The Iran spaceship program has the capability of jamming and blocking any incoming radar,” he writes, “as we have explained month ago on this forum, and now we see the practical use of the technology.”

Wired

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I agree with your assessment on the mindset of the regular Iranian military.

What is conveniently glossed over in these discussions is the fact that there has been a division between the Mullah's and the professional military since the Islamic idealists seized power in 1979.

As an example, a big part of Saddam's decision to invade Iran in 1980 was based on (correctly) perceived Iranian vulnerabilities in the wake of a military purge by the Mullah's that would have made Stalin envious.

Many among the ranks of the professional military fought the next 8 years defending their homeland, not their State. Having a large internal para-military security apparatus designed to keep your own military in order is an affirmative sign that their is a large amount of discord in the ranks.

As a counterpoint, the fundamental zealots are an entirely different matter. Both the Revolutionary Guards and Basij are highly motivated in their total support for the Theocracy...

In July 1982 Iran launched Operation Ramadan on Iraqi territory, near Basra. Although Basra was within range of Iranian artillery, the clergy used "human-wave" attacks by the Pasdaran and Basij against the city's defenses, apparently waiting for a coup to topple Saddam Hussein.

Tehran used Pasdaran forces and Basij volunteers in one of the biggest land battles since 1945. Ranging in age from only nine to more than fifty, these eager but relatively untrained soldiers swept over minefields and fortifications to clear safe paths for the tanks.

All such assaults faced Iraqi artillery fire and received heavy casualties. The Iranians sustained an immmense number of casualties, but they enabled Iran to recover some territory before the Iraqis could repulse the bulk of the invading forces.

Iran/Iraq war

For anyone unfamiliar with who the Basij are..

The Basij (Persian: بسيج‎; full name Basij-e Mostaz'afin, literally "Mobilization of the Oppressed") is a paramilitary volunteer militia established in 1979 by order of the Islamic Revolution's leader Ayatollah Khomeini. The original organization comprised the civilian volunteers whom the Ayatollah Khomeini urged to fight in the Iran-Iraq war. The force consists of young Iranians who have volunteered, often in exchange for official benefits...

During the Iran-Iraq War hundreds of thousands volunteered for the Basij, including children as young as 12 and unemployed old men, some in their eighties. These volunteers were swept up in Shi'i love of martyrdom and the atmosphere of patriotism of the war mobilization. They were encouraged through visits to the schools and an intensive media campaign.

The Basij may best be known for their employment human wave attacks which cleared minefields or draw the enemy's fire. It is estimated that tens of thousands were killed in the process. Some reports have the Basiji marching into battle marking their expected entry to heaven by wearing plastic "keys to paradise" around their necks.

The typical human wave tactic was for Basijis (often very lightly armed and unsupported by artillery or air power) to march forward in straight rows.

While casualties were high, the tactic often worked. “They come toward our positions in huge hordes with their fists swinging,” an Iraqi officer complained in the summer of 1982. “You can shoot down the first wave and then the second. But at some point the corpses are piling up in front of you, and all you want to do is scream and throw away your weapon. Those are human beings, after all.

Basij

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

You are correct that there is a difference in the Iranian Military compared to the Religious Paramilitary Zealots that keep the people under control. This control could be easily evaporated if that Paramilitary Organization was countered by the 94% of the entire Iranian Population that desires Good Relations with the United States.
Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla
I still don't know why Iran didn't use its ultra advanced technology and bring down the drone.

Keshe himself suggests that Iran’s advanced space program has yielded flying saucers and used them to down the drone. “The Iran spaceship program has the capability of jamming and blocking any incoming radar,” he writes, “as we have explained month ago on this forum, and now we see the practical use of the technology.”

Wired

I heard they had to temporarily divert all of their ultra advanced flying saucer budget allocation to fund their fleet of ultra modern navalised stealth aircraft and excessive photoshop technician fee's.

I'm still trying to figure out which of these is the original?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

I'd love to drive one of those things on the water, what ever they are..Looks pretty fun
and deff the pic with the camel looks legit

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
reply to post by Shminkee Pinkee

So if Iran had drones flying over our aerospace, we'd be wrong to shoot them down?

If Iran had drones flying in International airspace, near US Airspace no, they would not have the right to shoot it down, however it it was in US airspace, then yes they would have the right, but it wasn't in Iranian Airspace it was in international airspace, therefore the Iranians had no right to shoot at it, as it's illegal. I fail to see why you ask me this question :-)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Are you living in the real world or the pretend world?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by subjectzero

Are you living in the real world or the pretend world?

Re Read his post and go very slowly. I think you misunderstood him. If you did not why are you Trolling?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Regardless on where the drone was at.

Iran FIRED on a US Drone.

I don't understand why anyone is apologizing for Iran, or making excuses.

If it was America attacking an Iranian drone, those same apologists, would be using the cliched "warmonger" stance, as quick as you could say ATS.

You reap what you sow.
edit on 9-11-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

We attacked Iran first in 1953 by illegally overthrowing the elected Mohammad Mosaddegh.

Your rebuttal, Sonny?

Lima-1, out.

edit on 12-11-2012 by OperationIraqiFailure because: grammar

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by subjectzero

Grow up

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

No one plays by the rules.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

It could have been an R-40. Possibly an R-60 against such a small target?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OperationIraqiFailure

Originally posted by sonnny1
Regardless on where the drone was at.

Iran FIRED on a US Drone.

I don't understand why anyone is apologizing for Iran, or making excuses.

If it was America attacking an Iranian drone, those same apologists, would be using the cliched "warmonger" stance, as quick as you could say ATS.

You reap what you sow.
edit on 9-11-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

We attacked Iran first in 1953 by illegally overthrowing the elected Mohammad Mosaddegh.

Your rebuttal, Sonny?

Attacked? More like "helped" in regime change, which none of today's current leaders had anything to do with...

Didn't Iran get their Country back,via Revolution and Hostage Taking? Hows "freedom" in Iran right now?

Seems to me The Iranian People, and the American people have many things in common. From Revolution, to Governments making bad decisions.

Lets stay on current events though......

Iran plays a dangerous game, shooting at the US Military.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

So what is your point then??

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shminkee Pinkee

So what is your point then??

Anything could have happened and both countries could be lying about it. No one tells the truth anymore, if they ever did.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join