It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Fires On US Drone

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by davcwebb

I am pretty sure if iran had a drone patrolling close to our country we would not hesitate to shoot it down. That would not be called an act of aggression it would be called an act of self defense.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Iran why u no like us bomb your country?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I ask an honest question...

There is no point in firing warning shots at a hunk of metal.

Last time they got ahold of one of the drones they plastered it worldwide.

They even put it in there finest High School Gym.

I think they just missed a drone.

Couldn't they take it out with a helicopter and a pellet gun.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Where does the international line begin and end which segregates the Persian Gulf from Iran? How far was the Drone from that line.?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

International airspace/waterways begin at 12 miles. According to the reports the Predator was at 16 miles when they fired at it. I suspect it was somewhere in between 12 and 16.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Iran already have US drone technology (or, at least, the Chinese do). Firing on drones would, in fact, be the more preferred means of interaction (of the two) for the Pentagon.

As distinct from spilling the machines' secrets all over the Middle-East and Asian, as has been their wont.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hell, Corruption Exposed is running around this thread like a Chicken with it's head cut off. First denying it ever happened, Then acknowledging it's true BUT those evil Americans again...

Yes, initially I had not yet seen Iranian acknowledgement of the incident, once I found a few sources I admitted my mistake and posted it for everyone to see. Never did I say "evil Americans", I only pointed out their long history of dishonesty and yes I even admitted that Iran lies too.

I am man enough to admit when I am wrong, are you?

You still have some explaining to do Mr. Slayer...

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Originally posted by SLAYER69

You are presenting your opinion as fact, once again.

I'm posting my opinion on the matter.

I'm sorry if for some reason it makes too much sense then maybe you and some others need to reevaluate your opinions on of the situation.

The explanation you provided is certainly a possibility,

Agreed.

but it does not give you the right to present it as fact especially when you hit us with that one liner.

Nice spin about whether it is or not fact.

I've never claimed it was. It is however no more or no less accurate than yours.
Shame isnt it

We deserve a better explanation than that and you know it, especially after such a bold statement.

Reading comprehension must not be your strongest suit.
I've posted my opinion as you have done as well.

I hope it doesn't feel like I'm picking on you Slayer as it's not my intention. My main concern revolves around your previous post where you did indeed state that the drone was in international airspace as a fact. Here, let me remind you...

Originally posted by obamaphone
Notice nobody wants to talk about the fact that a US drone was flying over another sovereign nation's airspace.

Because it wasn't...

You clearly stated that it wasn't in Iranian air space which would be presenting it as fact. That is where my problem stands, as I previously stated no one knows for sure.

Yes, we have both provided our opinions on the matter and in fact you did provide a very plausible scenario and I thank you for the insight, but that does not justify your "Because it wasn't..." comment.

You say I spun it around but the facts are that you claimed it was a fact and you are now backtracking from your statement. Would you like to take back your "Because it wasn't..." comment? I believe you should publicly retrack this statement to clear the air because you are denying stating that it was a fact even though I have provided your exact words where you in fact have done so.

And you have the audacity to say that it's me who is adding the spin.

As for your ad hominem attacks, I'm used to them as in fact I am also guilty of dishing them out from time to time but my reading comprehension is well above average, as for your selective memory...that's a whole other story.

Please clarify how you know for a fact that it was in international airspace instead of Iranian airspace. You clearly stated it so there is no denying it...I will be patiently waiting.
edit on 11/9/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: spelling

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is where you usually abandon the thread and hope everyone just forgets about it. Don't worry Slayer, I will remind you...if you bother coming back.
edit on 11/9/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
To those saying it's an act of war can you explain the difference with Israel attacking the Mavi Marmara in international waters.

Thank you

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

poor broke russia...

I do beg your pardon. Poor broke who?

USA (Left) v Russia (Right)

Economy of Russia
Economy of the United States

edit on 9/11/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
In my eyes its a deceleration of war.....in international airspace they fired on US aircraft.

If it was over their airspace i can see shooting it down.

Im not for another war, but for the love of all things living, someone needs to step up to the plate.

IMO.....its because Obama has a lax foreign policy and people see him as weak.

They were testing the waters so to speak....gauging our reaction.

What is our response officially?

I like how you pretend to represent ATS with your avatar.

Those of us with integrity rely on others to see truth in actions rather than convincing them otherwise.

Our foreign policy might not be harsh enough for you, but that is more a reflection on YOU than Obama.

I suggest checking your hatred at the door and looking for a common thread with your fellow American.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan

I am pretty sure if iran had a drone patrolling close to our country we would not hesitate to shoot it down. That would not be called an act of aggression it would be called an act of self defense.

Yeah, they act like Iran just set off WW3 for defending it's regional interests...Iranian drones are no where near the US, if they did all hell would break loose!

Iran is not looking for a war and they know better, it's the blood thirsty killers in Washington DC and Tel-Aviv who profit from war, well at least their puppet masters do.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Two Iranian fighter jets couldn't shoot down an unmanned and unarmed drone, what losers!! I don't know why people are so concerned with this backwards ignorant country? Iraq was a bigger threat and it turned to be a big military traing exercise.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by maxzen2004

Two Iranian ground attack aircraft, flown by Republican Guard pilots who weren't trained to attack another aircraft, couldn't shoot down an unmanned aircraft. If these had been MiG-29s, or any of their fighters, the Predator would have been nailed.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by maxzen2004

We need an excuse to continue funding our massive arms industry.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan

Yeah, they act like Iran just set off WW3 for defending it's regional interests...Iranian drones are no where near the US, if they did all hell would break loose!

Hmnmm......selective memory in good ol' ATS.

Think back to the Cold War. How many times were Russian "fishing trawlers" spotted off the coast of the US, in international waters.

The US never attacked them.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

This isn't the cold war turbo...these are the days of "the war on terror" and any incident is used to create headlines and sway public opinion. We have hot heads on here trying to say Iran has terror cells in Central and South America and if an Iranian drone were to be seen flying anywhere near Europe or the United States the propaganda machine would kick into high gear.

It's funny that you use the cold war as an example as that was another propaganda induced scare tactic used by many nations to justify their large military budgets and expansion.

Let's just put things into perspective here, a used care salesmen from Arizona made the media headlines for weeks, what do you think an Iranian drone hovering over NYC would cause?

They didn't do squat about the Russian subs due to the fact that they know better and they only bully lesser powers and will never consider fighting an equal force.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Yes.

Let's ignore real history in favor of blind conspiratorial over the top Iranian apologist rhetoric and innuendo.

Seems fitting.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Yes.

Let's ignore real history in favor of blind conspiratorial over the top Iranian apologist rhetoric and innuendo.

Seems fitting.

No.

How about let's get back on topic and you acknowledge the mistake you made that you will not admit to, do I have to quote the post again? Quit the BS and man up...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

No.

How about let's get back on topic and you acknowledge the mistake you made that you will not admit to, do I have to quote the post again? Quit the BS and man up...

OK Slick

What's the perceived "Mistake"

Do tell.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

You are presenting your opinion as fact, once again.

What?

Pot calling the kettle.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join