It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Fires On US Drone

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OperationIraqiFailure

Calling my mere questioning of your post as 'personal attack'? Do you fall off from your stand so easily by mere questions and claimed them as 'personal attacks? Or had I hit a nerve that you realized you had been standing on untenable ground?

I doubt if you will answer to the questions. Common of your kind. But the record...shows.

Have a good day.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You are presenting your opinion as fact, once again.

The explanation you provided is certainly a possibility, but it does not give you the right to present it as fact especially when you hit us with that one liner.

Because it wasn't...

We deserve a better explanation than that and you know it, especially after such a bold statement.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by obamaphone
Notice nobody wants to talk about the fact that a US drone was flying over another sovereign nation's airspace.

Because it wasn't...

How do you know?

Because the Pentagon and CNN told you?

None of us know for sure, so don't claim to know for a fact.

FYI..That was a pretty horrible one liner (In my most humble opinion of course)

You have to remember that people like this have a hard time letting go of the manipulation. To them, the letters CNN/Fox/MSNBC represent authenticity in their brain.

We can't make the horse drink.

Lima-1, out.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

IF it was in Iranian airspace. The Iranians aren't the poster children for Truth themselves.

Yes, a Predator that is unarmed. What does the nickname have to do with the mission, or what it does? It's simply the name given to it by the military, or by the pilots.

If the UAV was in their airspace, then they had every right to shoot it down, as they have apparently done in the past. But my questions to another member stand here too.

If it was in Iranian airspace, why chase it out of their airspace, and stop? They had the right to shoot it down even if it was back in international airspace.
If it was in Iranian airspace, why use an aircraft like the SU-25, which is the worst possible platform to use, to intercept it?
If it was in Iranian airspace, why use a gun, which is the hardest possible weapon to hit with, and not a missile?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Calling my mere questioning of your post as 'personal attack'? Do you fall off from your stand so easily by mere questions and claimed them as 'personal attacks? Or had I hit a nerve that you realized you had been standing on untenable ground?

I doubt if you will answer to the questions. Common of your kind. But the record...shows.

Have a good day.

How am I suppose to answer falling off my stand or that you hit a nerve? Not quite sure how to respond.

I think we differ in what we both believe to be as "true information." So let's start there.

Where do you get your news from? I get mine from ATS, CommuteFaster/Energy, RT, Judge Napolitano, Dylan Ratigan (not their affiliate news stations, ty), AdamVsTheMan, Ben Swann (RealityCheck) over at Fox19, Dutchsense/since a couple times of year, to name a few.

There, now you have factual information about myself. Now it's your turn. Where do you get your news from? Please be honest.

Lima-1, out.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OperationIraqiFailure

Notice nobody wants to talk about the fact that a US drone was flying over another sovereign nation's airspace.

Because it wasn't...

How do you know?

Because the Pentagon and CNN told you?

None of us know for sure, so don't claim to know for a fact.

FYI..That was a pretty horrible one liner (In my most humble opinion of course)

You have to remember that people like this have a hard time letting go of the manipulation. To them, the letters CNN/Fox/MSNBC represent authenticity in their brain.

We can't make the horse drink.

Lima-1, out.

And that's basically what this entire story comes down to. Do you believe the media or do you want hard evidence? That's all this is. And yet I have been called anti-American for question the official story? Sounds familiar.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I'm posting my opinion on the matter.

I'm sorry if for some reason it makes too much sense then maybe you and some others need to reevaluate your opinions on of the situation.

The explanation you provided is certainly a possibility,

Agreed.

but it does not give you the right to present it as fact especially when you hit us with that one liner.

Nice spin about whether it is or not fact.

I've never claimed it was. It is however no more or no less accurate than yours.
Shame isnt it

We deserve a better explanation than that and you know it, especially after such a bold statement.

Reading comprehension must not be your strongest suit.
I've posted my opinion as you have done as well.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Says who? I want concrete evidence here. Not just some official said so we take his word for it. I want video evidence that this drone was not in Iranian airspace. Link that to me.

Don't worry. There will be an OFFICIAL INVESTIGATION to it for sure.

SO if you wanna Persia trigger happy authorities to be innocent till guilty, it is EQUALLY my hope that you will do the same for USA., thus CUT YOUR ANTI- AMERICAN BS.
edit on 9-11-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

Oh, you mean like the NIST "Official 9/11 Investigation," ? I can't wait for CNN's/Fox's summary on that...*sigh*

Lima-1, out.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

IF it was in Iranian airspace. The Iranians aren't the poster children for Truth themselves.

Yes, a Predator that is unarmed. What does the nickname have to do with the mission, or what it does? It's simply the name given to it by the military, or by the pilots.

I agree. Iran hasn't followed the rules sometimes. And they've been caught.

But consider this, friend: if the Iranian government would have attempted to overthrow a US President 6 decades ago to install a more "iranian friendly" candidate, don't you think we'd have a lump of coal up our a$$ about Iran, too?

This is why I believe Iran has, at least, some merit to defend themselves against us. We started this whole fued in 1953, but Americans seem to only remember as far back as 1979.

"Who controls the past now, controls the future." -RATM

Lima-1, out.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by maes2
what kind of news are those short statements at all ! any how as it was expected they claim that it was near their waters.

Common sense.
If it were in Iranian space and they fired on the evil drone they would have plastered it all over the Media as of another example of the "Great Satan" They knew they were in the wrong when they fired on it in International territory but now that the story has broke in the Western Media [After the Elections]
they have to say something instead of just sitting there like a bump on a log.
Otherwise this never would have come to light...............

very well said ! yes I agree with you. but I think they did not want to down it. and they did not say anything about it. they should be careful not to make any excuse for the "Great ....."

the pilots should know not to shoot so much when it is not necessary !
however despite the so much hostility between two countries they both usually obey the rules of game.
I mean as much as they can !

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Oh I agree that the Iranians have no reason to love us, and many reasons to hate us. But that doesn't give them the right to come into international airspace, and attack an unarmed aircraft, whether it be a UAV, or whether it be a manned aircraft. If we penetrate their airspace, and get caught, then have at it, and blow it out of the sky. But in international airspace? That's a whole other ballgame there. Whether you love us, or hate us, that has to be the one inviolate area, because that opens doors to a lot of ugly situations that no one wants to see happen.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Just for some perspective, though not entirely applicable to all nations, an excerpt from the US rules of engagement for Martime Operations

/4.3 Indicators of Hostile Intent. There is no checklist of indicators that will conclusively
determine hostile intent. The following are examples of actions that may, depending on the
circumstances, demonstrate hostile intent:
a. Aiming or directing weapons.
b. Adopting an attack profile.
c. Closing within weapon release range.
d. Illuminating with radar or laser designators.
e. Passing targeting information.
f. Laying or preparing to lay naval mines.
g. Failing to respond to the proactive measures listed below in 4.4.

Link (PDF)

This help?

Could the drone have been adopting an "attack profile" or perhaps it could have appeared to be doing any number of things.

The US has seemed to leave the determination of Hostile intent open for interpretation, could this what have occurred in the gulf?

I was unable to locate a internationally regulated ROE guide that was official
edit on 9-11-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I'm posting my opinion on the matter.

I'm sorry if for some reason it makes too much sense then maybe you and some others need to reevaluate your opinions on of the situation.

The explanation you provided is certainly a possibility,

Agreed.

but it does not give you the right to present it as fact especially when you hit us with that one liner.

Nice spin about whether it is or not fact.

I've never claimed it was. It is however no more or no less accurate than yours.
Shame isnt it

Reading comprehension must not be your strongest suit.
I've posted my opinion as you have done as well.

I hope it doesn't feel like I'm picking on you Slayer as it's not my intention. My main concern revolves around your previous post where you did indeed state that the drone was in international airspace as a fact. Here, let me remind you...

Because it wasn't...

You clearly stated that it wasn't in Iranian air space which would be presenting it as fact. That is where my problem stands, as I previously stated no one knows for sure.

Yes, we have both provided our opinions on the matter and in fact you did provide a very plausible scenario and I thank you for the insight, but that does not justify your "Because it wasn't..." comment.

You say I spun it around but the facts are that you claimed it was a fact and you are now backtracking from your statement. Would you like to take back your "Because it wasn't..." comment? I believe you should publicly retrack this statement to clear the air because you are denying stating that it was a fact even though I have provided your exact words where you in fact have done so.

And you have the audacity to say that it's me who is adding the spin.

As for your ad hominem attacks, I'm used to them as in fact I am also guilty of dishing them out from time to time but my reading comprehension is well above average, as for your selective memory...that's a whole other story.

Please clarify how you know for a fact that it was in international airspace instead of Iranian airspace. You clearly stated it so there is no denying it...I will be patiently waiting.
edit on 11/9/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: spelling

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Oh I agree that the Iranians have no reason to love us, and many reasons to hate us. But that doesn't give them the right to come into international airspace, and attack an unarmed aircraft, whether it be a UAV, or whether it be a manned aircraft. If we penetrate their airspace, and get caught, then have at it, and blow it out of the sky. But in international airspace? That's a whole other ballgame there. Whether you love us, or hate us, that has to be the one inviolate area, because that opens doors to a lot of ugly situations that no one wants to see happen.

oh Iranians does not hate Americans but they love their independence !
yes they should not attack in international waters. However there is no evidence that they wanted to down the UAV. they just detected that near their waters and tried to repel it. such situations are usual in Persian gulf. maybe this time they seemed more aggressive than the other times.
and moreover on a drone is not written made in USA that you think they shot it just because of being American ! fighters just attack any foreign object that seems a threat no matter their nationality. it is usual in any country.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by maes2

The problem is that with a UAV, the operator may not ever see he's being shot at. The only information comes from the camera mounted on the nose of the UAV, and if it's looking in the wrong direction, he won't even see the tracers go by. A better way would be to fly close to the UAV, and try to "push" it.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I agree that international space should go unmolested. But, imo, and to be honest, I cannot prove this, but I believe the US is doing whatever they want in space, regardless of international policy, simply because they have been caught numerous times in the past for doing just that: whatever they want.

I wonder if Keshe's technology has any hand in this. Anyone know what I"m talking about?

God bless.

Lima-1, out.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

There isn't an internationally accepted ROE that I'm aware of. It's pretty much accepted not to shoot unless there is demonstrated hostile intent. With a Predator though it's hard to say that it was showing hostile intent towards a fighter type aircraft, especially if it was flying unarmed. They don't carry a gun, and the only missiles they carry are for attacking armor, or ground targets.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Oh okay.

Then i am glad i posted the US ROE, as it can illustrate how much room for interpretation their is...

I would be interested to hear the statements from the actual Iranian pilots, if it were ever to be made public of-course

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

Oh okay.

Then i am glad i posted the US ROE, as it can illustrate how much room for interpretation their is...

I would be interested to hear the statements from the actual Iranian pilots, if it were ever to be made public of-course

I would bet those pilots are out peeling potatoes by now, if not in the brink. Those are great perspectives to consider either way.

I can imagine one day we will see threads about our drone was shot at by their drone scenarios and visa versa... no real human in harms way, so I wonder how the ROE would be written then.

Only two guys with joysticks, miles away, going at each other over pizza and diet coke. funny
edit on 9-11-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Lonewulph

Hell, I pictured two pimply faced punk teenagers on a comlink trash talking each other as they went at it with their UCAVs.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join