It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Fires On US Drone

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK

Originally posted by sonnny1
Well Well.
Itchy trigger fingers.

Iran doesn't want war, but isn't this an act of aggression?

Yes it is an act of aggression, from America.

Its o.k to kick and poke but when they bite its their fault?

WHAT ???? The Chinese have had ships in international waters off the coast of the U.S. for years, the Russians do the same and do it to Canada on a routine basis testing our reaction time to intercept.... International waters is just that INTERNATIONAL. The drone was 16 nautical miles off shore thus 4 nautical miles from the edge of Iranian air space..... It is against international law to shoot anything down in international waters UNLESS it is an act of war.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Wasteoftime

If western powers wanted to used full power against Afghanistan the country would be vanished by now and we are talking about military and Air Forces here, not guerrilla forces.

By the way, are you a muslim, born in the Middle East or just a frustrated person?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

They didn't "take" the RQ-170 and land it. It appears to have had a mechanical issue and crash landed, and they recovered it. There is damage to both wings consistent with a hard landing. There is apparently also a feature where if communications is lost, the UAV will orbit until it runs out of fuel.

The only proof we have that they did anything to it but recover it is their word. And being that they've lied about things in the past (ie their missile test that added missiles), I'll hold out on believing that.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
Time for a reciprocal hit on an Iranian target....Oh, lets say,...an Iranian nuclear site?

Funny that two fully-armed Iranian fighter jets...couldn't kill a little ol' american unarmed, prop-driven, model plane.
Hmmm...maybe these guys aren't so tough afterall.
edit on 8-11-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

My thoughts exactly when i heard about it from the news on radio today

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund
reply to post by Zaphod58

They had no right to shoot at it but people are acting like they killed somebody. It's not really a big deal.

When it comes to drones, I think they do have the right to shoot it down. Not like it's killing anyone and is also a security risk to any country regardless of where it is hovering around.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

They actually had no right to shoot it down, It's in INTERNATIONAL waters, you can't shoot, blow up anything unless an act of war..check out International waters rules before posting..Clearly their intentions are "act of war" to even shoot at something in International waters. I hope the US puts it's purse down and do something this time..Why are they acting weak, sadly to say..where is good 'ol Bush

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by live2beknown

I've got an idea.. How about yous piss off out of the region and you wont have these types of issues.. Obviously drones are not there to drop off a shipment of cars or televisions. They are security risks and I think Iran have every right to take them down especially after one was caught inside there borders not to long ago... I guess that wasn't an act of war either?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by hououinkyouma

Is that ok if someones steal or damage your car? Its only a machine....

They didn't damage the drone.

But even if they did....

If someone is slashing the tires on your car, if you shoot an kill them, you will go to jail for murder and rightfully so.

Human life triumphs machinery, always.

edit on 9-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

If someone is slashing the tires on your car, if you shoot an kill them, you will go to jail for murder and rightfully so.

You don`t need to kill them, just immobilize and press charges. Same with Iran.

Wanting or not firing against an aircraft, of any kind, could be seen as an act of war.
edit on 9-11-2012 by hououinkyouma because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2012 by hououinkyouma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Actually don't believe the first Drone was even in iran airspace, if it had tech difficulties or got hacked to be brought down in there space..and this is International waters, it doesn't matter how much presence you have in International waters, thats why it's called that.. The drone didn't possess any threat to Iran, why would Iran go out of it's way and "attemp" to shoot it down lol. Why be the aggressor, clearly the states wants them to do this so it gives them a reason to go to war..Iran keeps teasing the Pitbull, It's going to bite back and hard..

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

It's a grey area. They can shoot them down, but it doesn't necessarily mean that we're going to war over it. The Soviets shot down many American and Allied planes during the Cold War, but we never went to war over it. Many of them were quietly forgotten about until recently.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot

Thank you for the clarification, I was personally unaware the Revolutionary Guards had fixed wing aircraft operated separately from the IRIAF.

No problem. Some footage of the Revolutionary Guards Su-25s at following links. Some low level footage captured during exercises on the second video link (No embed as they are disabled).

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 9-11-2012 by tommyjo because: additional info added

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
finally something came from Iran's side !

Iran repels unidentified aircraft violating its airspace: Defense min.

www.presstv.ir...
what kind of news are those short statements at all ! any how as it was expected they claim that it was near their waters.

noting that Tehran is investigating the incident.

however it seems that they are not sure !!!

edit on 9-11-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

If you shoot someone for taking a hammer to your car you will still go to jail for felonious assault with a deadly weapon. The only time you have the right to injure another is in self defense or home invasion.

You don`t need to kill them, just immobilize and press charges. Same with Iran.

There is no such thing as "immobilizing" Iran. It would start a war. If you want to be a tough guy, go fight Iran by yourself. I'm sure you'll have no problem bombing children over a random pilot shooting at a piece of metal.

edit on 9-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

water borders are difficult to recognize and as I said before it seems that they are not sure whether it was in their waters or not. maybe the pilots just wanted to threat that drone not to target it ! anyhow such incidents are usual in Persian gulf and especially between Iran and NATO armies. but none of them leads to a war.
Thank God the drone is not downed then the situation would be more sophisticated.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Yeah, I would have no problem with that and since when US Army targets children? They are not some middle eastern "freedom fighters".

The rules are clear, they shoot an american aircraft in international waters. If USA wants they are attacking within the international laws.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Iran Fires On US Drone

and covers it up (lies about it) until after the election.

Four more years. Rah.

1. Fast and Furious
2. Benghazi
3. Iran drone
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund

Is that ok if someones steal or damage your car? Its only a machine....

They didn't damage the drone.

But even if they did....

Human life triumphs machinery, always.

I read that when the incident was over, US personnel discussed how important human life is and then they had a cuddle and a bit of a cry. Then they continued on their quest to spread love and goodwill throughout the universe.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Its not quite that simplistic though. if Iran were operating an unmanned drone in international waters just of the U.S then you'd all be totally in favour of blowing it up.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by manykapao
IMO this was just the pilots being asses. They probably just shot their guns in the general vicinity. The Su-25 is designed as an air to ground fighter/ bomber.

It is not meant for air to air combat. It is armored and sluggish compared to any air combat aircraft. It is used for ground support.

Why would Iran use it to shoot down an agile, light drone when they have other air craft that can do the job better than that soviet areal tank?

reply to post by Laxpla

Most likely it was Iran just trying to instigate and harass the Predator, test the reactions, etc.,

Yeah, probably.
edit on 9-11-2012 by manykapao because: (no reason given)

I believe that the Iranian planes actually were recorded making two separate passes to shoot at the drone.
Why the redundancy, if they were just trying to fire a warning shot?

The fact is that they were trying to shoot it down, but couldn't.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join