It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Wiggins and NOW his coach

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

First Wiggins and NOW his coach..
knocked down at different locations...on the same day!

www.dailymail.co.uk

As Bradley Wiggins was released from hospital ...
the head coach of GB was rushed to A&E

British cycling chief Sutton injured in crash after Olympic hero is released from hospital with broken ribs

•Tour de France champion knocked off bike while training in Lancashire
•Great Britain's head coach Shane Sutton suffers bleeding on the brain after cycling accident the following day in Manchester

•Wiggins believed to have suffered broken ribs and dislocated finger
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 8-11-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-11-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
im not into coincidences...that ship sailed with my niaveity long ago

so we have our living legend...knocked down.... a few hours later the head coach...at a different location, gets knocked down

im not talking a little bump....wiggins got a broken rib...and the head coach has bleeding on the brain..

so WTF....is someone destroying our cycling legacy...these two are great men....wiggins wining the tour de france and getting gold in the olympics..all in the same year...

i dunno...as TPTB are discussing road safety.... what do you lot think?

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Sorry for sounding like a jerk, but who cares? A guy that rides a bicycle really well. It's not like he is out there doing something that matters.

I mean it sucks the dude got hurt. I just don't understand why sports people are put on a pedestal.
edit on Thu, 08 Nov 2012 13:14:00 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

it took me awhile to deal with the Lance Armstrong thing. I don't know him, but know folks who do. He is, according to all that I know that know him, a jerk. No one who actually knows him believes he was innocent.

And I bet that few would put retaliation past him.

Just sayin'.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Yeah, you're right - but Bradley Wiggins is one cool man - but then again anyone who likes Lambretta's and Vespa's is ok in my book.

A mate of mine was drinking with him at a special Stone Roses concert, reckons he's a cracking bloke.

Not too sure about any sort of conspiratorial angle to it all - but who knows.

Hope he's ok soon.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I was thinking exactly the opposite. In my opinion, it makes no difference if Lance was innocent or guilty for the PED's, they are part of modern sports like it or not, and since it is a high-tech game of cat and mouse with elite doctors in the mix, I don't see why they are illegal in the first place. Besides, the guy went through Chemo and came back! I think a little PED's to counteract the Chemo is only fair.

SO, in my opinion, the French Authorities de-throned Lance, and now maybe they are going after the British?

Probably just a coincidence, but if there is any conspiracy afoot, I think it starts in France.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Though I hate to say it, but perhaps there is another angle to this. Perhaps the cycling fraternity are trying to amplify thier case for safer roads for cyclists?

I mean if we are really, REALLY going to suggest that because two people who are part of the most at risk road user demographic in the land, who happen to work together, getting knocked off thier bikes inside of a twenty four hour period is somehow suspicious, then its worth looking at it from that angle also.

Me personally, bearing in mind the fact that cyclists are the most at risk road users in the country, I can swallow the coincidence. I can certainly swallow that an awful lot easier than I can swallow the fact that we live in a capitalist nation, which laughingly claims to be democratic.

top topics

join