It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Desperately need advice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I get my exploratory surgery tomorrow. I'm terrified.

but once that's done, if I need the huge surgery, I'll be off work from 6 to 8 weeks. No pay. I JUST started this job after not having a real true guaranteed job for the last 2 years. I know health is vital but SO IS A JOB. What should I even do? The pain I have is excrutiating and it's why I need the surgery (Hysterectomy), but if I lose my job,........ I haven't even gotten my first paycheck yet, people. But the district mgr LOVES me and ..... god. This is so hard to choose. No, they do NOT offer insurance at all (Which is why I'm glad for obamacare - my preexisting condition will be covered and all jobs HAVE to get it at some point).... still. What should I do?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

if I need the huge surgery, I'll be off work from 6 to 8 weeks. No pay

1. Going into surgery and worrying is NOT good - relax.
2. IF is speculating, wait until you have the recommendation from the surgeon.
3. You say your boss loves you - thats a good thing. Perhaps discuss with him the possibility of salary-sacrificing starting straight away. This will achieve two things:

1. Your boss will see you are dedicated and long-term - thats good from an employers perspective.
2. You will get money during the 6-8 weeks.

No harm in discussing it - even if you enter into a specific & legally binding contract.

Hope the surgery goes well mate

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

That's hard to say until they do the surgery tomorrow. You're operating on an 'if' factor. There is nothing you can do until you're presented all the information. Anything until that time is a best guess and can be thrown out the window at any time. If I were you, I'd try to just relax, don't panic. This to shall pass.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Okay thanks, you guys.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Sarra,

Long story short...

You can find a new job - even if it's hard. But your life? You get one of those. Health takes priority.

Additionally, you're new, and in my experience it's easier to let a new person go on leave than a more experienced one. You're not yet a person they are fully dependent upon. My management career was spent almost exclusively in the customer service field - so I speak from experience. Just let them know that you were putting off seeing a doctor until you found work and that this is all just an unfortunate case of bad luck and timing. If they value you, which I personally think they should - they'll work with you. Giving a good hire a few weeks to take care of their health is easier than going through the hassle of wading through applicants in a search for a new good person.

If they don't share my outlook? Then screw 'em - they don't deserve you anyway and you don't need them either.

On a personal note: Take care of yourself! There are people here who look forward to seeing ya!

~Heff

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Thanks, Heff. I was told last night that the district manager adores me because I'm a literal clean freak and we actually got a HIGH score last night from a surprise evaluation and the cleaning was superb; something it's never been before my arrival. I've noticed and done things that I'd do in my prior job at Arbys (little things to me like properly cleaning tea urns, soda machines, seeing grime where most don't notice) and I guess that made me VERY appreciated in the DM's eyes. And if the DM is thrilled, the boss lady should be too. I'm /assuming/ I'm valuable in that area which IS a huge area where food places are concerned.

I go back to work Sunday so I'll have a talk with her then to see what my options are, what she'd recommend, etc.

I've had too good of luck lately for this to skewer anything.

Look at me, already thinking positive. I really just can't hold to doubts for too long. Once upon a time I did. I lived in the negative. Life got too boring that way.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Stay positive! We always fear the unknown you are so not alone in that. It is unfortunate this has come up now, but have some faith that it will all work out and even better than you imagine, also you will have your health back and the sky is the limit!!!! Praying for you.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Yes, stay positive!

I'm sorry to read that you are needing the hysterectomy but from what you've written, I'm sure you will feel so much better once it's done. That's really what matters, your health. I think everything will work out fine, the surgery and the job and I will continue to wish you the best.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
My friends son went in for a surgury on his neck. Well, they paralyzed the kid from the neck down. They severed his spin. then they just sent the kid home. My friend got no compensation at all. Can you imagine? That's one reason I never see dr's. I don't trust them at all. They're far worse than politicians. I'd only go for trama care. If youre i bad pain and the risks aren't high then it's probably no big deal. But still I'd be careful. Another guy I know got both his legs amputated for no good reason. Another his lower intestine removed for crowns decease and has been bed ridden in the hospital for 2 years now, and he has to go in a bag.

Then there was this one guy, he had crowns decease. The dr's wanted to remove his stomach and give him a bag. He rejected it and somehow literally craweled by tooth and nail out of the hospital for fear they might try and impose the operation. Well he got home and then within a few years he was 100% better. He saved his life by not doing the surgury.

Anyway I don't trust dr's at all. They might give you cancer... "oh sorry that pain in your knees, it's cancer, you have about 6 months to live!"......"but dr I did run a full marathone just yesterday, are you sure that the pain I'm feeling isn't just the run?" ....."no it's definitely cancer and we need to remove both knees so that I can make enough to put my kid threw university"

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Don't be terrified of the operation. I swear, no longer are you put under it seems you're awake again and the operation is over.

As for the job, they may hold it for you, if not, you'll find another with a great reccomendtion from them.

Good luck honey!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Like Heff said hun, your health is a number one priority. Take care of that first.

Number two priority is to not worry. Your body will heal faster if you take a low stress approach. You'll get a doctor's slip that says you are required to take "x" amount of time off work, and that's what you give to your boss. Your job is safe.

Relax. No need to stress.

Best of recoveries, you'll be back up and functioning in no time!

top topics

join