It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the GOP: Is it about your Religion? Your Rights? Your Money?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Who are you talking about?

I think you are like that little girl who wouldn't sleep in her bed because of the pea.

The princess and the pea.

And even if "people" are getting all "told you so" to other people...So what?

You "people" have been hammering away and layering the BS as thick as thieves here for about 2 years and I ask you - How are the rest of us supposed to consider ourselves "winners" when we are stuck with dead weight from this last election? All those "people" who manufacture false ideas why Obama won and who just still don't get that partiality and favors to the rich (not the poor) is what got the country into such a hopeless mess in the first place???

And Greece is in the position THEY'RE in because they ALSO let the rich people of their country remove the wealth from their country and send it elsewhere. You call making them responsible "soaking the rich." LOL
By protecting and coddling millionaires so they could make a few extra millions they let their entire country go belly up. And you want to do the same thing here. Brilliant plan you've got there. NOT.

Return to the tax distribution structure and model prior to Reagan. Rescind the Bush cuts and re-regulate banking so they can't gamble away poor peoples money then tell investors "too bad" when it doesn't work out.
TAX THE RICH and CLOSE THE LOOPHOLES.

If you don't want to help get the country back on track - at least try to stay out of the way.
edit on 9-11-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

What you propose will continue to push the country off the fiscal cliff. Don't worry, when "gimme free #" class warfare, welfare state proponents like yourself screw things up even more, hopefully hardworking, freedom loving, free market, capitalists will step in and try to fix things for you--again.

I don't think it will. It has worked before. It is a plan many economist recommend and lay out.
You and rabbit can star each others posts back and forth all you want but it won't make you right.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Who are you talking about?

I think you are like that little girl who wouldn't sleep in her bed because of the pea.

The princess and the pea.

And even if "people" are getting all "told you so" to other people...So what?

You "people" have been hammering away and layering the BS as thick as thieves here for about 2 years and I ask you - How are the rest of us supposed to consider ourselves "winners" when we are stuck with dead weight from this last election? All those "people" who manufacture false ideas why Obama won and who just still don't get that partiality and favors to the rich (not the poor) is what got the country into such a hopeless mess in the first place???

And Greece is in the position THEY'RE in because they ALSO let the rich people of their country remove the wealth from their country and send it elsewhere. You call making them responsible "soaking the rich." LOL
By protecting and coddling millionaires so they could make a few extra millions they let their entire country go belly up. And you want to do the same thing here. Brilliant plan you've got there. NOT.

Return to the tax distribution structure and model prior to Reagan. Rescind the Bush cuts and re-regulate banking so they can't gamble away poor peoples money then tell investors "too bad" when it doesn't work out.
TAX THE RICH and CLOSE THE LOOPHOLES.

If you don't want to help get the country back on track - at least try to stay out of the way.

What you propose will continue to push the country off the fiscal cliff. Don't worry, when "gimme free #" class warfare, welfare state proponents like yourself screw things up even more, hopefully hardworking, freedom loving, free market, capitalists will step in and try to fix things for you--again.

I don't think it will. It has worked before. It is a plan many economist recommend and lay out.
You and rabbit can star each others posts back and forth all you want but it won't make you right.

We are right. World history shows us right and state controlled economies fail time and time again. Sometimes people have to dig themselves a deep hole before they realize the fundimental economic truths. Your economics do not work. How did Clinton improve the economy? By moving right--by reducing government, entitlements (remember welfare reform?) and regulations. How is China improving their economoy? By moving right--by implementing some free market capitalism. That a free market and less government improves economic outcomes is as a fundimental law of nature as gravity.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Wait wait...here are some freedom loving capitalist stepping in and testing the market for new devices in protection. Coming from the same genius's who gave us cigarettes, cops the stun gun and the full body scanner...free market capitalist - GONE WILD.

Nearly 1/3 of Americans would consent to body cavity search to fly

Let see what our "Heros in Capitalism" are going to make us go through with this.

What will they create for the TSA, inflate the price and sell back to us?

Pray tell? I can hardly wait. Love capitalism.

Perhaps we'll all get to buy new shock bracelets soon.

We recently highlighted the fact that back in 2008, the Department of Homeland Security seriously pursued the idea of making travelers wear electronic shock bracelets that could be activated in the name of incapacitating “terrorists.” In reference to that news story, the survey asked the following question; In 2008, the Department of Homeland Security expressed an interest in having travelers wear electric shock bracelets that would both track travelers through the airport as well as allow airport officials and flight crews to incapacitate potential terrorists. How willing, if at all, would you be to wear such a bracelet in order to fly? 35% of American adults would be “completely” or “somewhat willing” to wear the shock bracelet, compared to 52% who would be “completely” or “somewhat unwilling”. Republicans were more likely to be willing than Democrats, 41% to 34%.

After these studies are done on what the public will accept someone will get busy making it.
The defense department is nothing more than SOCIAL SECURITY for the same military industrial complex we were long ago warned about letting take the lead. In too many instances capitalism is fronting for a failed people "unfriendly" system and feeding the beast. We can't capitalize our way out of the mess the country is in without investing in it and things that are proven successful, desirable and of real long term, lasting, value.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
OP to answer the question. It was the Democrats win because of their overall lack of faith in God, disregard for the rights of others, including freedom to practice religion without the government getting in your face and greed/ fear over losing those entitlements that are UN-Constitutional.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

It was the Democrats win because of their overall lack of faith in God,

So "God" likes to let people that don't like him win?

Why didn't he make the god lovers, child birth controllers win and rape definers win?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Wrong. Redistributing tax burdens from the wealthy to the poor was what got us into this mess and redistributing it back will fix it. Same as the Bush tax breaks for the wealthy need to be taken back.

These are a couple links to help you understand it. There is a transcript here and the first 1000 or so words are the only important ones to remember from these economist. I am getting everyone on my Christmas list this book for Christmas. Winner Take All Politics - Pierson and Hacker. Ben Stein says pretty much the same thing

billmoyers.com...

BILL MOYERS: Well, as you speak, I can hear all of those free-marketers out they say, "Come on, Piers-- come on Hacker it is the global economy. It's that cheap labor overseas. It's those high technology skills that you say are required, these deep forces that actually are beyond our control, and are making inevitable this division between the top and everyone else." Right? That's what they're saying as they listen to you right now.

JACOB HACKER: We think the story that’s told about how the global economy has shifted clearly matters. But that it doesn’t get to the sort of really powerful role that government played in adapting to this new environment and in changing the well-being of people in the middle and at the top.

Before you dispute these things and the Reagan Era Economy would you mind showing your credentials in Economics are superior to Ben Steins or these two authors? Put up your degree and then explain how is your plan better than these 3 economists?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
To the progressives: Is it about your fantasy? Your religion? Your shortsightedness?

You see - you like to think we have somewhere to go, some utopia we are progressing towards. This ideology is nothing more than the product of you being hoodwinked.

When you start with freedom, where do you need to progress to? Tyranny? We aren't getting more free.

When governments progress, what happens - look to the past. Why is it so hard for the left/progressives to realize or rather just to entertain the thought that government might be the problem? Why must we all look to government for remedies just be the left does? Why must we come along for the ride because you want to progress towards something, and you have no idea what it is you are progressing towards?

Are we/have we ever been progressing towards ending poverty, ending war, ending anything!?!?! People progress, governments do too - but not benevolently. Yes, people make up government - but those people are insiders - insiders that step on, lie and corrupt for power. Normal everyday people do not want to be in government because normal everyday people do not want that type of power - they aren't ego-maniacs, psychopaths.

Is it government that is resolving the mess brought by Sandy? No - it's people, everyday people. Your government DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU.

So you keep looking towards your leaders for progression - you get what you vote for.

What America was at birth is not what she is today - because government has progressed too much - and what you fail to realize is that it is our government that hasn't allowed us to progress properly.
edit on 9-11-2012 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

Wait wait...here are some freedom loving capitalist stepping in.
Coming form the same folks who gave us cigarettes, cops the stun gun and the full body scanner...

Nearly 1/3 of Americans would consent to body cavity search to fly

Let see what our "Heros in Capitalism" are going to make us go through with this.

What will they create for the TSA, inflate the price and sell back to us?

Pray tell? I can hardly wait. Love capitalism.

Perhaps we'll have new shock bracelets soon.

A total 57% of American adults said this was “completely” or “somewhat reasonable”. A minority of 43% said passing a law that would mandate total obedience to a TSA agent was “completely” or “somewhat unreasonable”. Out of that figure, just 16% thought it was “completely unreasonable”. Surprisingly given their traditional distrust of big government, 60% of Republicans thought it reasonable compared to 64% of Democrats and 46% of Independents. We recently highlighted the fact that back in 2008, the Department of Homeland Security seriously pursued the idea of making travelers wear electronic shock bracelets that could be activated in the name of incapacitating “terrorists.” In reference to that news story, the survey asked the following question; In 2008, the Department of Homeland Security expressed an interest in having travelers wear electric shock bracelets that would both track travelers through the airport as well as allow airport officials and flight crews to incapacitate potential terrorists. How willing, if at all, would you be to wear such a bracelet in order to fly? 35% of American adults would be “completely” or “somewhat willing” to wear the shock bracelet, compared to 52% who would be “completely” or “somewhat unwilling”. Republicans were more likely to be willing than Democrats, 41% to 34%.

Makes everybody in defense a fortune. The defense department is nothing more than SOCIAL SECURITY for the same military industrial complex we were long ago warned about letting take the lead.

In too many instances capitalism is fronting for a failed people "unfriendly" system and feeding the beast.

See, since you cannot argue economics, you deflect and try to cahnge the subject away form economics.

As for what you said above: Obama was the POTUS and, as chief executive, head of homeland security.

Who do you think was making policy for the TSA, DHS, and DOD for the last 4 years? Here's a hint, you voted for him again last Teusday. TSA, DHS, Patriot act renewal and expansion, expansion of the Afghan war into Pakistan with drone strikes--everything you say you hate, was used and expanded by the guy you voted for and you blame capitalism? Who is the blind party loyalist now?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

That's not a deflection. It is a downside of Capitalism...in fact there are many.

We need to support the people in addition to the people who make the stuff.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Why didn't he make the god lovers, child birth controllers win and rape definers win?

Considering how many times God allowed gang rape in the Bible, he'd have let the GOP win hands down.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Erm...China is NOT improving their economy. it's a false image for the world. I did some contract work for a Chinese firm back in March and April and had to spend a lot of time up at 2:00 am talking to people in Wu Han and I can tell you...they aren't doing as well as they want the west to think they are.

This whole thing with the GOP IS about money. Our world has changed and I have said it in other threads and got accused of hating my country (which is absolutely ridiculous).

This system is broken...time to toss it out and start over. I am not saying we throw out the founding documents, I am saying we clean house, drop all the BS that IS NOT in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights and reform the governing bodies.

This is going to inflame the hell out of some people, but before you rant and go off on a tirade, think outside the box.

I say we legalize everything. Drop the ridiculous regulations, certifications, licensing, etc. There are some professional fields that do need to be regulated...i.e. Physicians, lawyers, pharmacists...people's who work can ruin (or end) the life of another. But many-many of the regulations we look at now when trying to start a career or a business is flat out cronyism. Rules made (read as lobbied for) by those already doing something to thin out and prevent competition.

The religious thing...I am a spiritual person, but I am not devout to any particular religion. I personally believe wisdom is held within all of them. The point of our founding documents is I can be free to believe what I want to believe but it should have absolutely no bearing on how (if I were in Government) I would legislate or lead. Believe it or not, there is nothing wrong with a touch of secularism in governance. People should be free ot worship and pray to whoever or whatever the wish, but their beliefs should not be in a position to reign over another.

The rights are what they are. Our civil-legal code has become such an abomination...based purely on propping up a false security. People are willing to give up freedom to prevent certain things from happening. I am not. If something bad were to happen...so be it, I am not afraid of the great unknown...we are all going to take a dirt nap one day...when it's your time...go with some damn grace. Don't desperately cling to a life that has reached it's end...let go and embrace whatever comes next...which may well be nothingness, but to fear it is to live a terrible existence. I don't personally think "Nothingness" is the next stage, but that is me. Perhaps it is the fear of the next stage that is causing all the problems in this one.

You can't take it with you and as much as we try to say it is about "legacy" to our progeny...that's usually only part of it...it's a twisted sense of "immortality" most people struggle with...they want to leave a mark....they want to be remembered. Arrogance. You are an ugly bag of mostly water...move along and be done with it. Your progeny will make it with or without your help.

Oops...strayed a little off topic there.

The GOP is the epitome of hypocrisy. they proclaim to be "Christian" or "moral majority" and yet the ignore everything their religious documents say. They say they are pro-life but they will let a child starve or a returning veteran to live on the streets...as I said before "acceptable collateral damage of capitalism". Here is a clue...that is not what Jesus would do. They bark that they are for small government and freedom but they want to tell you what you can put in or take out of your body (drugs and abortions)...they are prepared to jail people that break these rules....how is that freedom and how is that small Gov?...it requires more bureaucracy to enforce such mad-hatter rules.

Just my freedom loving philosophy speaking here folks. I am a Libertarian with a touch of anarchism...I am quite prepared to live in the wild west...I am quite capable of knowing what is right and wrong...I do not need a bunch of pompous a-holes telling me how to conduct my day to day life.
edit on 11/9/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

Wrong. Redistributing tax burdens from the wealthy to the poor was what got us into this mess and redistributing it back will fix it. Same as the Bush tax breaks for the wealthy need to be taken back.

These are a couple links to help you understand it. There is a transcript here and the first 1000 or so words are the only important ones to remember from these economist. I am getting everyone on my Christmas list this book for Christmas. Winner Take All Politics - Pierson and Hacker. Ben Stein says pretty much the same thing

billmoyers.com...

BILL MOYERS: Well, as you speak, I can hear all of those free-marketers out they say, "Come on, Piers-- come on Hacker it is the global economy. It's that cheap labor overseas. It's those high technology skills that you say are required, these deep forces that actually are beyond our control, and are making inevitable this division between the top and everyone else." Right? That's what they're saying as they listen to you right now.

JACOB HACKER: We think the story that’s told about how the global economy has shifted clearly matters. But that it doesn’t get to the sort of really powerful role that government played in adapting to this new environment and in changing the well-being of people in the middle and at the top.

Before you dispute these things and the Reagan Era Economy would you mind showing your credentials in Economics are superior to Ben Steins or these two authors? Put up your degree and then explain how is your plan better than these 3 economists?

Bill Moyers on economics and markets? That is laughable! You might as well have Howdy Doody talking about brain surgery.

Wrong. The econnomic mess derived form the idea of pushing for loans on those who could not afford them due to leftist ideals of "social jsutice." Like any leftist wealth redistribution scheme, when the bill finally comes due for all of the handouts used to buy votes, the results are bad.

I see you are up in your Alinsky: obfuscate, make counter accusations, change the subject, and then attack the messenger. Well done! Now we get a better feel for your radical leftist beliefs and techniques. Since you brought up the subject of degrees, let's see yours or do you simply have no qualifications and simply cherry pick people you think are smarter than yourself that match your preconcieved socialist worldview.

I see your leftist, Keynesian economists and raise you free market economists who make your idols look like drooling idiots:Allan Meltzer, Milton Friedman, Thomas Sowell, and Bruce Bartlett to name a few. What are your credentials and what is your degree that your plan is better than these 4 authors?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny

Well I assure you it's not made up.... It's not even about blame, however easily it could be made about that. It simply isn't the point. There is an enormous problem right in front of us and it was the Great Depression since America has seen this sort of potential crash. In many ways, the nation was much better off then, actually. Industrial base and a very strong self reliance still existed which made coming out of it more viable. It's a very big problem though.....

I found some more colorful graphics than I normally have from my own stuff or dry government charts for it.

and a cute site for explaining it all has some humorous graphics for some depressing numbers.

Elmo on the National Debt

A more sobering visualization can be seen Here

It's not partisan for a very simple reason, BTW. I don't believe the nation has to the next election to get a handle on some realistic approach to this. So whether I like the guy in office or not no longer matters. He is the guy there and this needs addressed and fixed as a national priority. Russia and China have next to no debt by comparison. It's a terrible global position on top of the per person debt loads and other realities it leaves us with. .

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
reply to post by NavyDoc

Erm...China is NOT improving their economy. it's a false image for the world. I did some contract work for a Chinese firm back in March and April and had to spend a lot of time up at 2:00 am talking to people in Wu Han and I can tell you...they aren't doing as well as they want the west to think they are.

This whole thing with the GOP IS about money. Our world has changed and I have said it in other threads and got accused of hating my country (which is absolutely ridiculous).

This system is broken...time to toss it out and start over. I am not saying we throw out the founding documents, I am saying we clean house, drop all the BS that IS NOT in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights and reform the governing bodies.

This is going to inflame the hell out of some people, but before you rant and go off on a tirade, think outside the box.

I say we legalize everything. Drop the ridiculous regulations, certifications, licensing, etc. There are some professional fields that do need to be regulated...i.e. Physicians, lawyers, pharmacists...people's who work can ruin (or end) the life of another. But many-many of the regulations we look at now when trying to start a career or a business is flat out cronyism. Rules made (read as lobbied for) by those already doing something to thin out and prevent competition.

The religious thing...I am a spiritual person, but I am not devout to any particular religion. I personally believe wisdom is held within all of them. The point of our founding documents is I can be free to believe what I want to believe but it should have absolutely no bearing on how (if I were in Government) I would legislate or lead. Believe it or not, there is nothing wrong with a touch of secularism in governance. People should be free ot worship and pray to whoever or whatever the wish, but their beliefs should not be in a position to reign over another.

The rights are what they are. Our civil-legal code has become such an abomination...based purely on propping up a false security. People are willing to give up freedom to prevent certain things from happening. I am not. If something bad were to happen...so be it, I am not afraid of the great unknown...we are all going to take a dirt nap one day...when it's your time...go with some damn grace. Don't desperately cling to a life that has reached it's end...let go and embrace whatever comes next...which may well be nothingness, but to fear it is to live a terrible existence. I don't personally think "Nothingness" is the next stage, but that is me. Perhaps it is the fear of the next stage that is causing all the problems in this one.

You can't take it with you and as much as we try to say it is about "legacy" to our progeny...that's usually only part of it...it's a twisted sense of "immortality" most people struggle with...they want to leave a mark....they want to be remembered. Arrogance. You are an ugly bag of mostly water...move along and be done with it. Your progeny will make it with or without your help.

Oops...strayed a little off topic there.

The GOP is the epitome of hypocrisy. they proclaim to be "Christian" or "moral majority" and yet the ignore everything their religious documents say. They say they are pro-life but they will let a child starve or a returning veteran to live on the streets...as I said before "acceptable collateral damage of capitalism". Here is a clue...that is not what Jesus would do. They bark that they are for small government and freedom but they want to tell you what you can put in or take out of your body (drugs and abortions)...they are prepared to jail people that break these rules....how is that freedom and how is that small Gov?...it requires more bureaucracy to enforce such mad-hatter rules.

Just my freedom loving philosophy speaking here folks. I am a Libertarian with a touch of anarchism...I am quite prepared to live in the wild west...I am quite capable of knowing what is right and wrong...I do not need a bunch of pompous a-holes telling me how to conduct my day to day life.
edit on 11/9/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

I don't have a problem with most of what you said: limit government interference, limit regualtions, limit control of personal choices, and just get the hell out of the way. I can swing with that.

As for what Jesus would do, I don't recall him ever saying to take from someone else to give to the poor.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Hmmm...
okay, so, for you it is about religion. I see.

But, "God" isn't doing a damned thing about people starving or being homeless and unemployed, as far as I can tell. Not one thing. And it is not Unconstitutional for the people robbed of their homes and livelihoods to need help, nor is it Unconstitutional for the government to pull up the slack when the wealthy turn their backs on the poor.

God is allowing people who are rich to enable each other to rob, cheat, gamble, lose, and then get "bailed out" by the very people they robbed.........

God is allowing people to make their own decisions, and people are deciding not to give a crap about other people. Worse, they are deciding to take advantage of other people's faith in them to do the right thing. Which they aren't doing.

That wasn't a message from "America's God" (the Abrahamic one) as far as I know.

edit on 9-11-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

1/3 of that is owed to foreign investors.

2/3 are dividends owed to ourselves.

It sounds to me like the actual stake-holders need a vote here. Or wait, we just did.

Guess what? It's no coincidence that the blue states who voted for President Obama represent exactly 66.99% of the US GDP in 2010 (the last year we have raw data).

Once again -- it seems like the actual stake-holders already have ownership of this problem. The spoilers in the under-performing red states, notwithstanding.

Is it any wonder that 52% of us didn't trust Romney's business experience? He never even tried to teach his people fundamentals with regard to the "national debt."

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by HappyBunny

Well I assure you it's not made up.... It's not even about blame, however easily it could be made about that. It simply isn't the point. There is an enormous problem right in front of us and it was the Great Depression since America has seen this sort of potential crash. In many ways, the nation was much better off then, actually. Industrial base and a very strong self reliance still existed which made coming out of it more viable. It's a very big problem though.....

I found some more colorful graphics than I normally have from my own stuff or dry government charts for it.

and a cute site for explaining it all has some humorous graphics for some depressing numbers.

Elmo on the National Debt

A more sobering visualization can be seen Here

It's not partisan for a very simple reason, BTW. I don't believe the nation has to the next election to get a handle on some realistic approach to this. So whether I like the guy in office or not no longer matters. He is the guy there and this needs addressed and fixed as a national priority. Russia and China have next to no debt by comparison. It's a terrible global position on top of the per person debt loads and other realities it leaves us with. .

Just for the record, I am under sequestration, along with 2 million other people. I could well be out of work after 18 years come January 2...but the odds of that not happening just improved dramatically. And if the Tea Party wants to have 2 million people on the unemployment line, they've sealed their own fate in '14. We already know whose fault it is.

I just want to know why all of a sudden this is oh-so-crucial. It wasn't crucial back in the '80's when Reagan raised the debt ceiling I forget how many times, saying deficits didn't matter while presiding over the largest expansion of government this side of Dubya. It didn't matter when Dick Cheney said it didn't, while presiding over two unfunded wars and a huge tax cut.

So, all of a sudden we have a Democratic president and it's Doomsday if we don't get this done.

The timing says it all. It's just a farce to have something to blame on Obama. Elmo could be a little more intellectually honest. A huge chunk of the increase is from a) Bush's 2008-2009 budget, which Obama had no control over; and b) Obama spelled out the costs of the wars instead of asking for emergency appropriations so the costs didn't have to be put in the budget.
edit on 11/9/2012 by HappyBunny because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/9/2012 by HappyBunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Welll gollly, three things I don't have, Religion, Rights, and Money.

Next

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

No, God does not like evil to prevail, but he lets it happen. Call it a chastisement or more likely confirmation that we are in the Tribulation. Yay He's coming soon!!!

edit on 11/9/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

In many ways, the nation was much better off then, actually. Industrial base and a very strong self reliance still existed which made coming out of it more viable.

Wrabbit,
I think it's important to remember that during the Great Depression the "very strong self reliance" that the nation had then was largely due to the fact that most labor was done HERE, and not being shipped to China.

What happened then could very well happen now; if the population had run on the banks, and they'd been allowed to fail, we might - possibly - have made more progress in the last few years. But the taxpayers were "forced" to bail them out, and now when they are looking at being "forced" to pay it back in kind, they don't want to. They want to continue to gamble without restrictions or oversight and still get bailed out.

It's like the teenage kids of the wealthy - they get a car from mom and dad. They total it. Mom and dad simply buy them another car. They total it. Repeat ad nauseum. How is that kid supposed to learn responsibility when his mom and dad keep buying him another car to total with no fall-out or accountability?

"Oh, honey, you did it again? Hold on, let me go get my checkbook and you can go pick out whatever you like. No worries. Now run along, dear!"

edit on 9-11-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join