It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why cant we stop a hurricane before it hits us?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I agree entirely

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Sound does not "move" the air, it vibrates it. The plane can move a small corridor of air where it is flying through, but that is it.

If a sonic boom were enough, we already have many things that can make more noise than that, and it doesn't risk lives and equipment.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
man pollutes
nature fights back
man nukes

wtf ?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The question is...should we, just because we can.

I think Mother Nature is simply taking care of her major cleaning. Sometimes you sweep and sometimes you have to get the power washer out! She can't concern herself with people and their choice to build right on her coastline.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I don't believe we have any idea what doing something like that would do to the planetary weather cycle. Nor what kind of consequences it would impart on the world's water cycle. It would be pretty stupid to attempt it. People who live on coasts, unfortunately, need to learn to live with what they get from the weather. That or move away. Planet>individual need to live next to the ocean.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I have read a bit myself. Perhaps you could point me to something that may sway my opinion? I'm definately open to the possibility.But logic tells me its not possible.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

Yeah, I wasn't so keen on it either, in the beginning. But now I wish I would have screen captured a lot of what I read. But one thing hasn't disappeared, or become near impossible to find...

UNITED NATIONS TREATY PROHIBITING NATIONS USING WEATHER WARFARE CONVENTION ON THE PROHIBITION OF MILITARY OR ANY OTHER HOSTILE USE OF ENVIRONMENTAL MODIFICATION TECHNIQUES Adopted by Resolution 31/72 of the United Nations General Assembly on 10 December 1976. The Convention was opened for signature at Geneva on 18 May 1977.

Commentary
Treaty Text Alone
Original Treaty UN Website

There is also a video on youtube of a congressman or senator giving a speech on the dangers of modern weather manipulation. I can't find it at present, but I know it's there.

There was also a website I used to frequent that had several pages of scientific theory on how a hurricane could be formed and dissipated artificially. A bit hard to understand, but interesting reading nonetheless. Alas, that site disappeared overnight with no explanation. I'm guessing finances were the biggest reason, it was a sizable site. A lot of what I've read was before I learned the hard way to start saving this information.

I can only tell you I have seen enough evidence to convince me that extreme weather manipulation and warfare, are not just a possibility, but a reality, right now. But the above treaty is what really set me on my original search years ago.

There isn't much reason to have a treaty on something that is no real threat to anyone. Especially if all they can do is seed a few clouds. Almost forgot...

As an addendum:
Controversial Experimental Weather Modification Bill in US Congress

Weather modification can also have the goal of preventing damaging weather, such as hail or hurricanes, for occurring; or of provoking damaging weather against an enemy rival. However, weather modification in warfare has been banned by the United Nations.

China Leads the World in Weather Modification

It isn't an easy subject to research. It takes many hours to get any substantial information. Especially when you're trying to be objective. Good luck

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join