Obama won because we live in a Welfare State

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Anyone who has ever seen the welfare graph. Obviously the steady increase has been around for decades, but those who have eyes will notice the shrap increase during the bush era
fellowshipofminds.files.wordpress.com...

let us not also put into perspective the increase of inflation

To be fair, I don't want to blame this on Bush alone - 9/11 was a MAJOR factor for this big economic slump and so was the dotcom bubble burst (which, I THINK, was also in the late 90s early 2000s). I never "liked" Bush, but saying "it's Bush's fault" is a little bit too simple.

But what I don't like if people conveniently ignore anything happening BEFORE Obama, as those people who seriously ignore that we had a bad economy before him already and for who the "bad economy" started when Obama came into office
edit on 9-11-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MastaShake
obama won because romney is a dumbass that couldnt debate himself out of a wet paper bag

Obama won only because people are still terrified of Bush era policies that destroyed and slaughtered this country like a cow due for it's time!!!!!!

Obama won because Romney had so many laws and screwed up so many times that it would be fullest to vote for him.

Obama won because he ran a flawless consistent campaign with literally zero or few errors.

Obama won because he did not wage war against women and Hispanics and did not wage more war literally

Obama won because his track record proves that he did almost everything he said he would do in 2008 with a few of his goals that they'll having only failed because they were blocked by Republicans

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

You live in a welfare state?

We live in a welfare world. Society is about pampering you, giving you or selling you the things you need and want.
Controlling all aspects of life.
Same there, same here, same everywhere.
Nothing new. They been doing the same thing since the Romans, or further back yet.
Anywhere you have a mass of people concentrated, there's going to be some of those people who will want to run the show, who will appear that they can run the show.
The more enthusiastic, knowledgeable and creative bunch will run the show.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

Romney had no message. Republican voters voted for Romney and Democrat voters voted for Obama. Swing voters (who decide elections) were not swayed by Romney. In four years, we'll do it again. The GOP need to find a better candidate in their primaries.

False, I did not vote for my party in this election.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
the repubs are loosing ground because they cater to ideologies that are outdated. the people who want to hang on to these ideologies are mainly white old people along with some young "out of touch with the world" people, people who fear the changes they see demographically as in race..they see that the white world domination is declining, their world is shrinking and they are afraid. Repubs hope that Obama fails utterly in this next term, mainly economically, because they believe that then people will vote for a repubs for several terms after, without having to change their ideologies, and will take back "their america"..unfortunately for them, it will be to late, true, it might work for a two term repub next time, but again, if they dont change their views and policies and began to open up and embrace a changing world, they wont hold power at all for long...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

I thought he won because of Chris Christy?

I thought he won because of Hurricane Sandy?

May the best man win....and he did.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

Romney had no message. Republican voters voted for Romney and Democrat voters voted for Obama. Swing voters (who decide elections) were not swayed by Romney. In four years, we'll do it again. The GOP need to find a better candidate in their primaries.

False, I did not vote for my party in this election.

False? LOL

....so really the "false" part is pretending you care.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Obama won because the Republican are too right wing and out of touch with the common man, they went for the religious vote instead off the common vote centrists were scared away by the idea of a very right wing Government. Many Republican state they want smaller government and more personal freedom, but the ideas that the right wingers in the tea party were advocating were sometimes opposite to that, banning abortion, which takes away someones choice, ie, personal freedom in turn controlling and determining the life of that person. You can't legislate for morality. Not recognising gay marriage was another, many people have different opinions on this, I for one, think why not, why not let two people of the same sex marry, if you love someone, you should be able to express that openly and without fear of predjudice. The stance of the extreme right wingers , not only alienated gay voters but Republican voters who had no problem with gays. You can't legislate for consenting adults sexual preferences. As for the stance on the economy, the top percent of earners are so greedy and want to hang onto their riches so much that they will deflect the problem away from them and blame it on the poor who are on welfare, not the disgustingly obscene amount of money the US government spends on Defence. When in reality if the Republicans AND the Democrats had taken the money they spent on the silly sniping ads, full of lies and misleading stories and the campaigning in the run up to the election, they could have probably funded the welfare budget or medical bills for the poor for at least 6 months.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I thought he won because of Hurricane Sandy? May the best man win....and he did.

I believe he had enough momentum even without Christie and Sandy to win. The margin would have been smaller than the landslide 332 electoral votes he has but I believe he would have pulled off the win regardless.

David Plouffe AGAIN ran a powerful and aggressive campaign and fooled the masses by letting them believe Obama was slightly behind when in actuality he was ahead.

David Plouffe is the unsung hero for the Democrats.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic
People have to accept the Country has changed for the worse. It's a Country that loves Government and it wants Government to do more even though we're drowning in debt.
I have three very serious questions to ask you:

1. Who is this "we" you refer to? I am assuming you live on Turtle Island, called by the Europeans variously as "Columbia", "The New World", and "America" (which includes Canada and Mexico, of course). I also assume you are referring to something to do with the political structure of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. But what I am at a loss to grasp is, who is this "we" who is drowning in debt? Being a native of this land (which the purveyors of the legal fiction known as THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA pretend to control), and having never borrowed any lawful money from anyone, and also being nearly certain that most of the people reading your message have also never borrowed any lawful money (which is not legal tender, BTW) from anyone, I can't even hazard a guess as to whom your first-person plural pronoun refers!

2. What do you mean by Country? I live in the country. It's quiet and peaceful here most of the time.

3. Perhaps most importantly... What do you mean by Government? Does it have anything to do with the terms Govern and Ment (as in Mentis)?

Romney had a message of smaller Govt., smaller debt and no more cheap dollars. Obama had a message of bigger Bigger Govt., more debt and more cheap dollars.

Oh yes, I remember watching this show! It was fascinating... But I also remember coal miners being forced to attend a rally for this "Romney" douche, and I also remember Romney's servants (encapsulated in the Limited Liability Corporation known as Bain Capital) destroying gainful employment here on Turtle Island in favor of East Asian countries. To be fair, I also remember the Obama clown doing exactly the same thing, through his fiat-created office of "Job Czar". What a dog-and-pony show! It sounds as if you were quite taken in by it.

Obama won in a time when we have 16 trillion dollars in debt and 7.9% unemployment by promising bigger Govt. and more taxes. We're in a nation of takers instead of makers.
Because YOU shop at Wal-Mart, all the "making" jobs have had to move to other parts of the world where laborers are not so uppity as to expect decent treatment.

Sadly, these leeches don't realize there's no money. Obama will simply destroy the Country. That's what he wants. You have to destroy it to change and transform it.

The biggest threat is the cheap money party under Obama. Quantitative Easing just means Bernanke and the Fed will flood the markets with more cheap dollars.
Nothin' to do with the 43 trillion in hidden loans that the Fed made, starting under Bush, huh?

This justs enriches the "evil"1% and Obama's friends and donors.

There has been a huge transfer of wealth from the middle class to the 1% under Obama. After the election the Fed is ready to have a cheap money party. Here's a video that shows the damage to America under Obama and his love of cheap dollars.

The whole idea behind quantitative easing is to flood banks with money and that money will spill over into the economy. All it's done is enrich bankers who park the money overseas because of the weak economy and the fact we're in a global economy with cheap labor.

So all Obama has done has enrich the 1% and enslave the middle class to be more dependent on Govt.

That's ALL Government has been about for the last 100 years, have you been asleep?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
reply to post by newcovenant

I thought he won because of Hurricane Sandy? May the best man win....and he did.

I believe he had enough momentum even without Christie and Sandy to win. The margin would have been smaller than the landslide 332 electoral votes he has but I believe he would have pulled off the win regardless.

David Plouffe AGAIN ran a powerful and aggressive campaign and fooled the masses by letting them believe Obama was slightly behind when in actuality he was ahead.

David Plouffe is the unsung hero for the Democrats.

Gross sarcasm. Sorry you didn't get it. David Pluoffe didn't win this thing either.
Obama won because he has done a decent job and hasn't had any major setbacks.
Romneys plan was to oust Obama for not balancing the budget in 4 years while claiming that he himself could do it in 8 to 10. Americans may not be all that good at science but we know our math.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Obama won because he didn't have to go up against Ron Paul. Not nominating Ron Paul was a big mistake on the GOP side.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Nope, Obama won because people are fed up with a right wing party who refuse to focus on the real issues and are intent on pushing their religious and moral dogma on the rest of society. America has moved on, more people are thinking with a more liberal mindset, more youth are voting, and more people are actually reading the facts instead of just believing the biased right wing media and their constant BS.

We need to remember that the race was 50/50 in numbers. That does not constitute all lot of the "if this then that talk". Liberals, the left are FULL of thier own moral dogma and as far as fact you guys have your own fact twisting bs news mechines.....and it looks like the core left is just as stupid and easy lead as the other.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Pity we don't live in a welfare world, where the WELFARE of every single person is guaranteed.

Instead, we have entitled tycoons and descendants of kings riding dune buggies on gold plated golf courses.

Oh, what a world.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I cant see what the argument is about when its a two party system! Thats not choice thats heads or tails! Obama won because the Illuminati NWO bankers willed it so with there absolute power over the political infrastructure of the United States.

edit on 9-11-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Perhaps instead of putting blame on Obama, calling names and frankly humiliating themselves the GOP, the Republican party can look at why they lost and keep losing. It is a bit hypocritical to tell Obama to stop putting blame on the previous administration and then blame the losses on being a welfare state.

Maybe they could take this time to get in touch with the independent voters and see why they ostracized them so badly that they voted against the Rich White Mormon?

Instead of fracturing and splintering the party into the Tea Party and libertarians, they might reconsider where there base truly is and lay off the Religious rhetoric?

They might also stop choosing candidates with values set in the last century and stop pissing off women with stupid remarks and pushing them with comments better left in 1950's?

I was actually smiling when I heard the election results and prayed that the GOP would take this as a sign to adjust and change or become a fossil like most of their current representatives...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic
People have to accept the Country has changed for the worse. It's a Country that loves Government and it wants Government to do more even though we're drowning in debt.

Romney had a message of smaller Govt., smaller debt and no more cheap dollars. Obama had a message of bigger Bigger Govt., more debt and more cheap dollars.

Obama won in a time when we have 16 trillion dollars in debt and 7.9% unemployment by promising bigger Govt. and more taxes. We're in a nation of takers instead of makers. Sadly, these leeches don't realize there's no money. Obama will simply destroy the Country. That's what he wants. You have to destroy it to change and transform it.

The biggest threat is the cheap money party under Obama. Quantitative Easing just means Bernanke and the Fed will flood the markets with more cheap dollars.

This justs enriches the "evil"1% and Obama's friends and donors.

There has been a huge transfer of wealth from the middle class to the 1% under Obama. After the election the Fed is ready to have a cheap money party. Here's a video that shows the damage to America under Obama and his love of cheap dollars.

The whole idea behind quantitative easing is to flood banks with money and that money will spill over into the economy. All it's done is enrich bankers who park the money overseas because of the weak economy and the fact we're in a global economy with cheap labor.

So all Obama has done has enrich the 1% and enslave the middle class to be more dependent on Govt.

Enslave the middle class? I thought America was a classless society, the American dream, blah blah. It all sounds more Oxford England, than the USA, so now there is an American 'middle class' that leaves room to look down on those beneath you and look up to those above you, and most of all to know your place.. and all from a land that had a civil war over er um, slavery, which didn't really end until the ??? what a load of tosh trying to rope a concept that has been going on for centuries to this incumbent president, just because you don't like his face. Unload the FRB anachronism by all means.
edit on 9-11-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Obama won because the poor and the middle income understand the biggest thorn in the side of our country is how the capitalistic system is creating a WELFARE system for the rich. It truly is the biggest mistake and ERROR in our corrupted capitalistic system. And what makes it so MONSTROUS is that the republicans want the rich to have their own theme song:
"You can't touch this" MC Hammer style

It isn't to say that the capitalistic system can't work, but our system is like a beautiful swiss watch with one giant gear missing and the gear that is missing is the wealthy have no checks and balances, no locked in process in which to protect the poor and middle income from the MONSTER rich from gobbling up all the money, sucking it up like a fat pig that has not ate in a week, wallowing in the slop of money that is everywhere for him to gobble up with a feeding frenzy of killer sharks that smell fresh blood in the water.

Make no mistake, this is the monster that is going to cause the hurt feelings towards the rich from the poor and middle income. Unless president Obama can get the rich to dig deep. I think the actual visualization would be dive deep, because the 1%, their money would be like a man diving into a literal lake of money. Remember it is not dig-deep, it is dive deep.
Please visualize that. Dive deep into their lake full of money !
And the republicans don't want to see the rich get taxed. HELLO !

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
It dawned on me this morning, why many people vote for and cover for Obama,

Obama is the affirmative action president, this is how our society had been conditioned to think, they set the bar lower and give him passes, I would think that that would be insulting, I guess not if power is the goal.

So I wondered if others see what I am seeing.

online.wsj.com...

To be sure, no white candidate who had close associations with an outspoken hater of America like Jeremiah Wright and an unrepentant terrorist like Bill Ayers would have lasted a single day. But because Mr. Obama was black, and therefore entitled in the eyes of liberaldom to have hung out with protesters against various American injustices, even if they were a bit extreme, he was given a pass.

And in any case, what did such ancient history matter when he was also articulate and elegant and (as he himself had said) "non-threatening," all of which gave him a fighting chance to become the first black president and thereby to lay the curse of racism to rest?

edit on 083030p://bSaturday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)
edit on 083030p://bSaturday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT
Although I don't disagree that we live in a "gimme gimme" world, and people are far too dependent on Government for even basic needs, the fact remains that NO President has the power to change what cannot be changed.

It is mathematically impossible to pay off the US National Debt and has been so for some time now (and it's only getting worse)

Looking at this site over the course of the elections just makes me shake my head. People STILL believe that "one guy over the other" has the power to "change things"

This isn't fear mongering. It's a fact that it's too late, and it's only a matter of time until the house of cards comes crumbling down.

Well said...this debate gets brought up at work constantly...and we seem to always hit the same conclusion....look at Greece, Iceland and other countries....we are gonna lose our money and our pensions...it is as you said "mathematically impossible" to sustain. Simple as that...good post.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join