posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:34 PM
reply to post by neoholographic
It definitely did. The problem is, it would be worse if Romney had won. Their entire platform would result in the following:
1) No equal pay for women.
2) No minimum salary (aka China).
3) Removal of benefits (for which people still have to pay, and no, private companies aren't cheaper as colleges prove)
4) More expensive wars we don't need...further increasing debt and ultimately citizens as they're paying for it.
5) More corporate (!!) tax breaks and subsidies for companies that really don't need them.
6) Deregulation...further allowing companies to screw us over, just like Wall Street did to get us into the mess we're in now.
And that's just the stuff Obama already does...like allowing Dodd-Frank to be watered down to the point where almost nothing prevents another crash
like the one we had. Or creating an oversight committee that was staffed by ONE person...before that guy quit out of frustration.
Like I said, Obama isn't perfect, and a lot of the stuff like indefinite detentions and signature drone strikes is HORRIBLE. But guess what, Romney
actually agrees on the bad stuff he does, he would just add an entirely new layer of crap.
In short: I'm not crazy happy Obama won, but the fact that he won instead of Romney makes me happy. As sad as it is, this was a nothing but an
exercise in picking the lesser evil...and Romney would have been the greater evil, that's for sure. I won't even mention him trying to force
religious values on the entire country...or his bigotry.