It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama won because we live in a Welfare State

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

I think you might be wise to take a second to look at Romney. Honestly. He's already stated he'd hand the country over to Israel and big business.

Romney is the poster child for big business. And let me tell you right now, tax breaks for the top 1% don't help a god damn thing and you are diluted if you think they do.

you want to fix the economy? Restore the manufacturing industry (like Obama has been doing) and reduce the tax load on the lower class people that ACTUALLY PAY TAXES AND SPEND MONEY.

It really is that simple.

but yeah, Romney would totally save your country, if you are a billionaire, if not, you don't exist to him.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

LOL, Romney is for big business but Obama has enriched Wall Street and the 1%.

Why do people believe this nonsense about Obama? It's because they act like the guy walks on water.

Poverty is up, unemployment is up and the gap between the rich and the poor has increased under Obama.

Obama has crushed the Middle Class and flooded the market with cheap dollars that enrich Government and their Donors and enrich the "evil" 1% while enslaving the middle class.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Restore the manufacturing industry (like Obama has been doing)

ROTFLMAO!!!
Obama is restoring the manufacturing industry???... Yeah manufacturing fake money from nothing ... Godamn these threads are entertaining...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Exactly,

OBAMA HAS CRUSHED THE MIDDLE CLASS WHILE ENRICHING THOSE HE SAYS NEEDS TO BE PUNISHED!

It just amazes me that people believe in the promise of Obama instead of looking at the reality of Obama.

Poverty up, unemployment up, debt has increased and the gap between the rich and poor has increased.

I just watched as some in my family were filled with tears as they watched Obama. It doesn't matter that he has crushed the Middle Class and has flooded the markets with cheap dollars and it will just get worse and continue under Obama, they think he's a god among men so what he does doesn't matter because they "believe" in Obama. It's really sad.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I imagine that the welfare state was going to keep increasing as outsourcing is unregulated and so the outrageous margin profits of Wall Street and their money pipe line the Federal Reserve regardless if Obama or Romney.

Still it is true that with the biggest band aid given to the markets and the banks and still ongoing today with Q3 unemployment will still grow and the Welfare State has grown incredibly in the last 4 years.

Yes Americas welfare will keep growing until real regulation becomes law and that will require the population to do that and is not going to happen, why to fight when you can just sit and wait for the handouts every month.

Welfare State Grows by Nearly 19% Under Obama – to Almost $1 Trillion a Year

cnsnews.com...

Americas job growth is at a stand still so the welfare will keep growing.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Yep you are right.
The US spends 59 billion on welfare for people
and 92 billion for those poor, unable to pull themselves up
by their boot straps, Corporations.

thinkbynumbers.org...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

Romney had no message. Republican voters voted for Romney and Democrat voters voted for Obama. Swing voters (who decide elections) were not swayed by Romney. In four years, we'll do it again. The GOP need to find a better candidate in their primaries.

You may have heard that Mitt got 3mill less votes than MacCain. Newt had he been runing would have drawn more republicans out. In my ho. Republicans sold out and went for the money guy, male model and super family man. None of which was really important.

Obama is said to have gotten 10mill less votes than he did last time. Did he generate apathy in his own ranks? It dosent make any sense.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
No, Obama won because Romney didn't have a plan he was willing to share with people, because his entire party badmouths black people and latinos, and because their laughable rape remarks kind of turn off women.

Given that blacks, latinos and women represent a MASSIVE voter block, they shot themselves in the foot. All those super fringe rightwing nonsense during the primaries probably didn't help either as the country as a whole isn't as insane as those voters during the primaries.

Fact is, the GOP is out of touch with today's American people (which is clear if you look at the average age of their members) and pretty much a dying race unless they change and adapt. Right now, they're anti-minorities (who are no longer real minorities at 20% latinos for example), anti-women, and pretty much cater to their corporate donors. The democrats are largely sock puppets of corporate America too, but the GOP took that to entirely new level when it comes to sock puppetry.

Friendly tip to the GOP: Kick the crazy nutjob fundamentalist fringe people out of the party, they hurt you and will continue to cost you elections. That means they have to distance themselves from clowns like Rush, Palin, Aiken and Trump. I don't see that happening, but maybe they now realise they're doomed if they don't

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic

Romney had a message of smaller Govt

That is what you got from him?

I heard "We the GOP crap on the constitution and will force more religion into the government that we choose to further rich white America".

Maybe my TV is out of sync.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Newt wouldn't have done any better imho.

A message of smaller Govt. and less spending will not work in a Country that wants more Government and more "free stuff" even though we're 16 trillion in debt and 7.9% unemployment.

Obama basically said with Romney, there's no more free stuff.

It's better to get a part time job at McDonald's, get on food stamps and get an Obamaphone in this economy than it is to work a 40 hour a week job.

So Obama will keep flooding the markets with cheap dollars and the middle class will become dependent on less work and more Govt. "free stuff" until the well runs dry and all hell breaks loose.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

Romney had a message of smaller Govt

That is what you got from him?

I heard "We the GOP crap on the constitution and will force more religion into the government that we choose to further rich white America".

Maybe my TV is out of sync.

Actions speak louder than words anyway...so when Romney said he's a "job creator with business experience" what he meant was "my state was no47 in terms of jobs growth during my time as governor and unemployment was higher than in EVERY other state bar Louisiana after a hurricane".

Kind of funny how some people fall for his empty words instead of bothering to check real data

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Obama has already furthered rich white America.

The 1% has gotten richer under Obama while the Middle Class has been crushed.

More poverty, unemployment and the gap between the rich and poor has increased under Obama.

The "evil" rich has made a ton of money under Obama!!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

reply to post by zroth

More poverty, unemployment and the gap between the rich and poor has increased under Obama.

That's because the majority of wealthy people make most of their money through INVESTMENTS and SPECULATION...while the poor and middle class make it by working 40hr jobs for a generally small salary.

I never realised this until I started investing myself. Since the start of the crisis my salary decreased by a good 20%...yet in terms of my investments I made good money even though the economy was in the crapper. Why? Because no matter whether the market goes up or down, you can still make money investing. On the other hand, if you have to rely on a job to make money, guess what happens if the economy turns sour

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Nope, Obama won because people are fed up with a right wing party who refuse to focus on the real issues and are intent on pushing their religious and moral dogma on the rest of society. America has moved on, more people are thinking with a more liberal mindset, more youth are voting, and more people are actually reading the facts instead of just believing the biased right wing media and their constant BS.

How do I know this? Because, again, I actually read the facts, the polls, the research and the REAL DATA that shows what people think, and not just what the media wants people to think on any given day.

Obama is by no means perfect, far from it. But when it comes to a government tackling the important issues, and not making moralistic demands based on outdated religious bigotry, Obama wins hands down.

People need to face facts. No amount of denial or deflection will change the fact that the Republican party has sunk, is no longer relevant and desperately needs to change and modernize if they stand a chance of lasting much beyond this election.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

And that's why Clinton's speech was so well received. Instead of shouting brainless slogans about "freedom" and "Christian values" to rally voters, he focused on FACTS and REAL DATA. In essence, he wasn't talking down on people assuming their too stupid to deal with facts.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

This is my point.

Investments under Obama has skyrocketed while the middle class has been crushed.

I invest also, and I've made some great returns.

One of the reasons is because of quantitative easing. Under Obama, the Fed has flooded the markets with cheap money which has enriched the "evil" 1% and enslaved the middle class and the poor.

This is why the gap between the rich and the poor has increased under Obama.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Obama has done nothing for the middle class.

MORE POVERTY

MORE DEBT

CHEAP DOLLARS

ENRICHED THE 1%

GAP BETWEEN RICH AND POOR HAS INCREASED

People "believe" in Obama so they ignore the reality of Obama

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Massachusetts - 84.1% Caucasian.

That is who Romney made rich at the expense of the other states.
edit on 8-11-2012 by zroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

It definitely did. The problem is, it would be worse if Romney had won. Their entire platform would result in the following:

1) No equal pay for women.
2) No minimum salary (aka China).
3) Removal of benefits (for which people still have to pay, and no, private companies aren't cheaper as colleges prove)
4) More expensive wars we don't need...further increasing debt and ultimately citizens as they're paying for it.
5) More corporate (!!) tax breaks and subsidies for companies that really don't need them.
6) Deregulation...further allowing companies to screw us over, just like Wall Street did to get us into the mess we're in now.

And that's just the stuff Obama already does...like allowing Dodd-Frank to be watered down to the point where almost nothing prevents another crash like the one we had. Or creating an oversight committee that was staffed by ONE person...before that guy quit out of frustration.

Like I said, Obama isn't perfect, and a lot of the stuff like indefinite detentions and signature drone strikes is HORRIBLE. But guess what, Romney actually agrees on the bad stuff he does, he would just add an entirely new layer of crap.

In short: I'm not crazy happy Obama won, but the fact that he won instead of Romney makes me happy. As sad as it is, this was a nothing but an exercise in picking the lesser evil...and Romney would have been the greater evil, that's for sure. I won't even mention him trying to force religious values on the entire country...or his bigotry.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

reply to post by zroth

Really, Obama did this?

Rich people get richer when recession and depression hit.

I'd remind you that those conditions occurred in 2008. Obama took office in 2009.

Now the reality.

My comment was about Romney. Not sure why your argument had to include Obama.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join