Obama won because we live in a Welfare State

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+15 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
People have to accept the Country has changed for the worse. It's a Country that loves Government and it wants Government to do more even though we're drowning in debt.

Romney had a message of smaller Govt., smaller debt and no more cheap dollars. Obama had a message of bigger Bigger Govt., more debt and more cheap dollars.

Obama won in a time when we have 16 trillion dollars in debt and 7.9% unemployment by promising bigger Govt. and more taxes. We're in a nation of takers instead of makers. Sadly, these leeches don't realize there's no money. Obama will simply destroy the Country. That's what he wants. You have to destroy it to change and transform it.

The biggest threat is the cheap money party under Obama. Quantitative Easing just means Bernanke and the Fed will flood the markets with more cheap dollars.

This justs enriches the "evil"1% and Obama's friends and donors.

There has been a huge transfer of wealth from the middle class to the 1% under Obama. After the election the Fed is ready to have a cheap money party. Here's a video that shows the damage to America under Obama and his love of cheap dollars.

The whole idea behind quantitative easing is to flood banks with money and that money will spill over into the economy. All it's done is enrich bankers who park the money overseas because of the weak economy and the fact we're in a global economy with cheap labor.

So all Obama has done has enrich the 1% and enslave the middle class to be more dependent on Govt.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Um... What makes you think that Romney would have done anything differently? He wanted to implement trickle down economics, which basically just helps out the same banksters that are getting helped out with QE3.

Also the president has nothing to do with the Fed. They do what ever the people on Wall Street tell them to. In fact they want QE4 now.
infowars
5minforcast
wall street oasis

However I do agree with you that QE3 is awful for our country, but you can't blame Obama for it. Blame Ben Bernanke for it. Also before you jump the gun, I am not an Obama supporter.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Although I don't disagree that we live in a "gimme gimme" world, and people are far too dependent on Government for even basic needs, the fact remains that NO President has the power to change what cannot be changed.

It is mathematically impossible to pay off the US National Debt and has been so for some time now (and it's only getting worse)

Looking at this site over the course of the elections just makes me shake my head. People STILL believe that "one guy over the other" has the power to "change things"

This isn't fear mongering. It's a fact that it's too late, and it's only a matter of time until the house of cards comes crumbling down.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

Romney had no message. Republican voters voted for Romney and Democrat voters voted for Obama. Swing voters (who decide elections) were not swayed by Romney. In four years, we'll do it again. The GOP need to find a better candidate in their primaries.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I correctly predicted both Romney as the GOP candidate and Obama's re-election last December:

The Inevitable Puppet Showdown

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Nope, Romney wanted to get rid of Bernanke and stop flooding the markets with cheap money. Under Obama the cheap money party will continue and Obama loves it.

An election that was supposed to be about change actually could end up being an intensified dose of more of the same for investors.

In the aftermath of President Barack Obama's successful re-election bid Tuesday, market experts prepared for an accelerated push of easy Federal Reserve monetary policy.

That likely will clash against even more uncertainty in Washington as en election that produced little more than the status quo failed to resolve the burgeoning fiscal issues that threaten the U.S. economy. (Read More: Next Up for Markets? The Fiscal Cliff)

The stock market has climbed about 76 percent over the past four years. Commodities have soared even higher, with gold and silver up more than 100 percent, and even bonds have maintained their value as a safe-haven trade for investors too afraid of market volatility.

The central bank during Obama's presidency has expanded its balance sheet from about $800 billion to approaching $3 trillion, with even more growth to come as the Fed cranks up the third round of its quantitative easing debt purchasing program.

"With Obama getting re-elected it's sort of the status quo and the QE carries on," said Lee Ferridge, head of macro strategy for North America at State Street Global Markets. "The result is positive for risk generally — negative for the dollar but positive for risk. We know the extremely loose monetary policy we've been used to so far will continue."

"It might be good for Mr. Obama's friends, but it's not good for the world," widely followed investor Jim Rogers complained on CNBC in reference to the cheap-money policies of the past four years.

His strategy: "Today I'm going to short more bonds, more U.S. government bonds. I'm going to buy more commodities, both base metals and precious metals. It looks to me like money printing is going to run amok now, spending is going to run amok."

www.cnbc.com...

Under Obama the 1% has had it better than ever. Under Obama, the cheap money party will be cranked up even more.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It is as simple as this...

The Republicans chose the wrong Candidate yet again!

Think back a few years, the other candidates the GOP chose and why they lost.

Bob Dole old white guy up against a hip younger Bill Clinton

John McCain right guy 8 years too late and choosing Sarah Painlynn was pandering and obviously so.

Finally Wealthy Elite Mormon Willard Romney

You just pissed off any Low to Middle income Christian independent.

Look the Republicans either like to throw away elections or they are out of touch with their base and the independents it really is as easy as that! Has nothing to do with Welfare as I doubt as many of them were to lazy as you like to say to vote!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Obama won primarily because they got out the vote. Plain and simple.

It wasn't really about ideology. It was about the tactical ground game.

The left came out to vote. The right did not.

Now, having said that, the Republicans also lost because they have become a party that has abandoned true conservative ideology in favor of a view that government should enforce social policy (really a liberal view).

They need to wake up and smell the coffee!

Limited government means limited government EVERYWHERE- in the bedroom, as well as the office.

Unless that party returns to that perspective, they will continue to experience razor thin margins, that in most instances will lose them elections.

That's how I see it, anyway.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic

Nope, Romney wanted to get rid of Bernanke and stop flooding the markets with cheap money. Under Obama the cheap money party will continue and Obama loves it.

Prove this, just saying it doesn't make it true, and I haven't read anything to suggest that this is even close to true.

An election that was supposed to be about change actually could end up being an intensified dose of more of the same for investors.

In the aftermath of President Barack Obama's successful re-election bid Tuesday, market experts prepared for an accelerated push of easy Federal Reserve monetary policy.

That likely will clash against even more uncertainty in Washington as en election that produced little more than the status quo failed to resolve the burgeoning fiscal issues that threaten the U.S. economy. (Read More: Next Up for Markets? The Fiscal Cliff)

The stock market has climbed about 76 percent over the past four years. Commodities have soared even higher, with gold and silver up more than 100 percent, and even bonds have maintained their value as a safe-haven trade for investors too afraid of market volatility.

The central bank during Obama's presidency has expanded its balance sheet from about $800 billion to approaching $3 trillion, with even more growth to come as the Fed cranks up the third round of its quantitative easing debt purchasing program.

"With Obama getting re-elected it's sort of the status quo and the QE carries on," said Lee Ferridge, head of macro strategy for North America at State Street Global Markets. "The result is positive for risk generally — negative for the dollar but positive for risk. We know the extremely loose monetary policy we've been used to so far will continue."

"It might be good for Mr. Obama's friends, but it's not good for the world," widely followed investor Jim Rogers complained on CNBC in reference to the cheap-money policies of the past four years.

His strategy: "Today I'm going to short more bonds, more U.S. government bonds. I'm going to buy more commodities, both base metals and precious metals. It looks to me like money printing is going to run amok now, spending is going to run amok."

www.cnbc.com...

Under Obama the 1% has had it better than ever. Under Obama, the cheap money party will be cranked up even more.

Again Romney would have done the same thing by cutting taxes for the rich. Do you honestly believe that the 99% would benefit from this tax decrease? I don't, because I look at history and all the other tax decreases just benefited the 1%.

What's also wrong is that we both agree that QE3 is bad and needs to be stopped, but are at ends because you believe the lie that Romney was actually going to stop it. Note look at who sponsored his election, it was the same people who are benefiting from QE3. He would have continued to scratch their backs if elected. You are fooling yourself if you believe otherwise.
edit on 8-11-2012 by Krazysh0t because: grammar

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
It's funny how people think Obama is this class warfare warrior when he has enslaved the miidle class to Govt. and enriched the 1%.

The U.S. Census Bureau figures released yesterday underscored the struggles of American families in a sputtering economic recovery. The report also showed the income gap between rich and poor people grew to the widest in more than 40 years in 2011 as the poverty rate remained at almost a two-decade high.

“Weirdly, I think you’re going to see both sides take these numbers and suggest it’s evidence why ‘I should be elected,’” said Steve Jarding, a lecturer at Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government and a former Democratic political consultant.

Median household income dropped 1.5 percent last year to $50,054 -- the lowest level since 1995 when adjusted for inflation -- while the proportion of Americans living in poverty was 15 percent, little changed from 2010. The 46.2 million people in poverty remained at the highest number in the 53 years since the Census Bureau has been collecting that statistic.

The census data show the wealthiest Americans secured most of the benefits from the economic recovery that began in June 2009.

“The gains from economic growth in 2011 were quite unevenly shared as household income fell in the middle and rose at the top,” Robert Greenstein, president of the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities in Washington, said on a conference call with reporters.

Average incomes fell for the bottom 80 percent of earners and rose for the top 20 percent, highlighting the need for “those at the top to share” as the nation looks to reduce its budget deficit, Greenstein said.

The top 1 percent of households experienced about a 6 percent increase in income, said David Johnson, chief of the social, economic and housing division at the Census Bureau.

www.bloomberg.com...

Obama says they should share the wealth after he has enriched them more than ever. Obama wants the middle class more dependent on Government. He knows raising taxes will not do anything. His policies has made the 1% richer and enslaved the middle class and SILLY Americans follow Obama like he's some god as he transfers more wealth to the wealthiest LOL. It's really sad to see this welfare state mentality.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
Um... What makes you think that Romney would have done anything differently? He wanted to implement trickle down economics, which basically just helps out the same banksters that are getting helped out with QE3.

Also the president has nothing to do with the Fed. They do what ever the people on Wall Street tell them to. In fact they want QE4 now.
infowars
5minforcast
wall street oasis

However I do agree with you that QE3 is awful for our country, but you can't blame Obama for it. Blame Ben Bernanke for it. Also before you jump the gun, I am not an Obama supporter.

Don't blame Bernanke for it, I detest the man and he has done plenty of harm himself without a doubt. But by all means please put the blame for QE3 right where it belongs. A Congress more intent on seeing the President fail than to do anything with the economy. Bernanke did put QE3 off as long as he could, and pleaded with Congress to do something, give him at least the little bit of credit that he does deserve here. He made it clear he did not want to do it for quite sometime and did put it off for quite a bit.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Romney lost because he chose the wrong running mate. He was also too vague on what he planned to do to bring this country out of this mess, probably because of the complexity of the situation we have got ourselves into. Romney could not get things back to normal either because our normal was so distorted that it got us into this mess.

Romney doesn't seem like a bad guy, if he called I would invite him over for coffee. If Obama came over I'd do the same thing. Personally I think I would have connected better to Romney if I was to meet him somewhere, he seems less anxious. How he came up with his running mate I'll never know, it was like a Mutt and Jeff approach. Well then look at who Obama chose as a running mate, I'd invite Biden to deer camp, he'd fit right in.

We are not a Welfare state, right now there are a lot of people out of work. This will continue till we create real jobs in this country. Jobs working for the Media and computer oriented jobs aren't for everyone. We can't have everyone working for McDonalds either. Jobs that create products we use and need will make this country heal. Medical jobs are based on us being sick, but that's a whole other subject. How is someone supposed to make a livable wage working at McDonalds? How are you supposed to bring up a family. If both adults in a family work at McD's, the money from one job goes to the daycare center and nothing is accomplished except to deprive a youth out of a job. The kids need jobs too so they learn to work.

I think Obama won because of the pushy republicans in this country trying to push things down everyone's throat. The country has got so vocal and polarized that it is rediculus. Some of the Republicans I know are so irrational, saying things that only they can see. I see this as a problem because it means this country is going to crumble. I have been a republican most of my life but I hate what I am seeing in these republicans nowadays. I'd swear some are delusional, I don't want that kind of people running this country. I have tried using rationality with a few overboard republicans I know but they are foxed out, believing the misconceptions that are told in the media. I am an American, not a member of any party anymore. In my mind I feel we need to get rid of the present political system, it is full of lies and half truths. We are becoming the joke of the earth.

I do believe we need to keep our military strong and we need more soldiers. That will create jobs in this country, not spending billion on the newest and latest technology where only the rich get rich. If you believe we are a welfare state then move to another country. I don't want anyone here who is cutting our country down, that will just divide us more.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
And we live in a welfare state because the system that was working just fine for decades got hijacked for the profit and prosperity of the few. It's that simple bud. When the Lobbyist got the green light to import goods without stiff tariffs from slave worker based countries, the collapse began.

I personally want to see things go a totally different direction. Legalize everything. Stop the regulations, certifications, licensing...etc. Let people do whatever they can do to make a damn dollar and buyer beware.

Only true freedom will allow people to prosper again...but when cronies can get legislation passed that hinders the ability for competition to enter the market place...we are on a spiraling path down the toilet.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Yep, Romney wanted to end the cheap money parade under Obama and replace Bernanke.

However, a defeat of President Obama would call into question one of the building blocks of Wall Street’s meteoric rise from the 2009 lows: a steady stream of easy money from the accommodative Federal Reserve.

According to a recent survey by Barclays (BCS), 32% of investors polled say tighter central bank policy is chief among their list of policy fears if Romney wins.

“It could have a chilling effect on market behavior,” said Peter Kenny, managing director at Knight Capital Group (KCG).

Romney has made it clear he opposes the easy-money policies of Fed chief Ben Bernanke, who has flooded the financial markets with cheap cash each time the economy and stock market have needed a jolt back to life.

www.foxbusiness.com...

Obama has enriched the 1% while enslaving the middle class to Big Government. Quantitative Easing is just flooding Wall Street with cash that they park overseas while it destroys the dollar further and enslaves the middle class to Government.

I guess this is hope and change (insert sarcasm).

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Rich-Poor gap widens under Obama!

Overall, median household income fell 1.5% to $50,054 last year, the fourth consecutive annual decline after adjusting for inflation, the bureau said. The typical household has lost ground in seven of the past 10 years and now takes in less cash than it did in 1996 when adjusting for inflation.

The annual income report is a key indicator of the economic health of the USA and its middle class. Median income is the middle point of households — half made more, half made less in 2011. Only a handful of groups did better last year:

•Affluent. The income for the top 5% of households — those making $186,000 or more — rose 5.3% last year, reflecting the growing value of highly educated professionals. Income gains were greatest among the top 1%, said David Johnson, chief of social, economic and housing statistics for the Census Bureau. There is a "widening of the gap between the top and the bottom," he said.

Big losers: people in their prime earning years. All age groups between 25 and 64 suffered income drops in 2011. Households headed by 45- to-54-year-olds — when earnings typically peak — have seen a 13.4% decline in median earnings over a decade, a drop of nearly $10,000 a year.

The Biggest Winners under Obama? The evil 1%!!

Obama is robin Hood in reverse. He enriches Wall Street and the 1% while claiming to help the middle class but he's just enslaving them.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Alright I'll concede that point. However I had to do my own google search because I take things I read from fox with a grain of salt, but everything I read corroborates your claim.
washington post
Here's a link to the washington post.

However I still do not believe that Romney has the correct answers to our economy. Trickle down economics (the basis to his economic plan) has been shown not to work and is just as self-serving to the 1% as QE3 is.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Has there been a number released yet on the amount of money QE4 is planned to usher into the market QE3 prints approx 40 Billion a month to try and jumpstart the economy. How much more do you think they would be willing to increase rapid inflation with QE4, we should just look to Japan who's on QE8 now and just printed 10 trillion yen to try and bolster there economy with not much succes.

Really how much more can be done to destroy your currency???

SaneThinking

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
OP has hit it spot on. Everyone knew going into the election what it was about. Vote Obama to continue the wealth redistribution from those who work to those who just sit back and take. I shudder to think how many will be on food stamps and welfare after another 4 years of economic misery. And don't forget what will happen when all the Obamaphone clueless voters realize the "Affordable Healthcare Act" doesn't actually give them free health care but instead fines you for not buying it.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
No Obama won because people believe reality TV is real and allowed the oligarchs to trick them into consenting to their own slavery... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

It's not trickle down economics, it's pro-growth. It would have worked under Bush but he cut taxes and instead of reducing the scope and size of Govt., Bush went on a spending spree. Bush was horrible when it came to controlling spending.

Obama hasn't done anything for the Middle Class. Poverty is up, unemployment is up and the gap between the rich and the poor has increased.

The Cheap money under Obama has enriched the 1% and Obama's friends and donors while crushing the middle class. This is a recipe for disaster and when they can't continue to artificially boom the markets by flooding it with cheap money, our economy will be like a drug addict in jail whose forced to go through withdrawal.

The CRASH will be a horrible sight to see.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum