Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

A Loving God who throws folks in hell because they didn't want to be controlled by him?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

once you die you are apart of infinite wisdom and all knowing.

Not according to Jesus.

Matthew 18:18
"I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."

Take care of context when you quote that because nonbelievers will cherry pick verses and twist their meaning. He is talking to his disciples when he says that. Just saying.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by subjectzero
reply to post by MeesterB

Why do we deserve destruction?

What did I do?

Have you ever lied?
Well, there is strike one, and that's breaking the law.

I could go on, but think to yourself about all the bad things you have done and I'm sure youll be able to come up with a few.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

That is precisely why many people hate God.

He's a sadistic cop who uses a taser on his own kids when he should have just talked to them.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by subjectzero

He is a holy God who demands perfection. Anything less than that and he wouldn't be God.
He also provided a way to cover for every single bad thing you've done and make it as if you had never broken the law. If you can't humble yourself enough to accept something that is free then you deserve to be held accountable for your actions. Don't like it? Tough. You can harden your heart all you want, but you are still guilty.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

He makes us imperfect and tempts us, then tells us to resist. That's a textbook sadist.

You should work for the Church. You talk like an old-school priest.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
God is holy. Therefore God must be just, otherwise he isn't holy.
You must be judged according to the law. Why his law? He is the creator, so he writes the rules.
Think that is unfair? How about Hitler or Stalin or Manson or Sandusky or the millions of other people who have done unspeakable things. Do you think they deserve to be held accountable for what they have done?

No one should be accountable for anything in this life, if this life is temporary and the soul is truly eternal. That would mean that only the soul is important so why would a God outside of this (physical life) , KNOWING we can never truly be harmed because we are eternal would feel the need to punish or "justify" anything in this little irrelevant life (in comparison to eternity)? It just doesn't make sense.

The bible says that God is LOVE, not lovING, but LOVE, how could such a God have "jealousy" or "wrath"?

The bible also says "Love holds no records of wrong doings" that is directly a contradiction to God remembering and needing to forgive our "sins"

God is loving because we deserve destruction

God didn't claim to be lov-ING, he claimed to be LOVE. Huge difference. The essence of love is not "jealousy", "anger" or "wrath"; the essence of LOVE is LOVE.

Think it's illogical or that you don't need forgiveness? Fine. Better hope you are right because if you die and you're wrong then it's game over.

And the same can be said to you and by all other religions that exist.
edit on 8-11-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

He offers to cover your law breaking if only you humble yourself. You're too good for that it seems.
Goodluck when you meet your creator and you tell him that you are right.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I'm not too worried. I already know I'm going to burn in hell.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

He offers to cover your law breaking if only you humble yourself. You're too good for that it seems.
Goodluck when you meet your creator and you tell him that you are right.

Even if you god did exist, that does not make him the "creator" of anything.
He could be lying in order to scare and control, ever think of that? I didn't think so...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Okay. If I'm wrong and nothing happens, no big deal. If I'm wrong and die and become nothing, my life hasn't been any worse for being a Christian. If I die and magically become part of the universal energy or whatever, no big deal.

If you die, stand before a just God, and are dismissed from his presence forever. That might be pretty important.

I'm not going to win anyone over on ATS, and quite honestly, I've stopped trying.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

By the way, you aren't too humble yourself. In fact, you're very smug in your faithful confidence.

You sin.

But you'll tell me that you've got Jesus and milk and all is well, right?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Um. Sure?

I'm still human, so.... I'm never going to get it right.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

Okay. If I'm wrong and nothing happens, no big deal. If I'm wrong and die and become nothing, my life hasn't been any worse for being a Christian. If I die and magically become part of the universal energy or whatever, no big deal.

If you die, stand before a just God, and are dismissed from his presence forever. That might be pretty important.

I'm not going to win anyone over on ATS, and quite honestly, I've stopped trying.

Well if that God you stand before is not YOUR God and you have been deceived, that might be pretty important also...

Any of these religions can be right, and yours is not the only one with eternal consequences for not following the "Right" path...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I'd say you're a textbook Christian. God's got the book open tonight.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

That is really sad. If you do know this and are not willing to humble yourself. Terribly sad.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Okay, well, since anything goes and no one can be right.
Sodomy all around!!!
Let's go boys, let's get drunk and rape and steal and to hell the rules!

Woooooo
My logic is best and I make my own god and he LOVES sodomy!
Buggery for all, and hedonism till dawn!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by celticsea

First, tell me why you think this.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Well if you really think this - that you are going to burn in hell. You are not worried?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by celticsea

No. I do not humble myself to man's ideas about divinity.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Okay, well, since anything goes and no one can be right.
Sodomy all around!!!
Let's go boys, let's get drunk and rape and steal and to hell the rules!

Woooooo
My logic is best and I make my own god and he LOVES sodomy!
Buggery for all, and hedonism till dawn!

Sodomy, as in being gay? Are you saying that would interest you , if not for the god you believe? I have news for you then. You probably aren't straight. A straight guy would not even be interested in that whether a god made it a sin or not, but a bisexual guy that denied and suppressed his attraction to men would.

Also, your belief in the your god is the only reason why you don't rape and steal?

You deserve to be a Christian then...
Most Christians seem to be just as destructive unfortunately...
Let them stay in the chains their god set them in sin they can't handle freedom...
And even with their belief in this god some still find a way to be destructive..
edit on 8-11-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join