It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Loving God who throws folks in hell because they didn't want to be controlled by him?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Let me get this straight - God sends a plague and you think, God loves me.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by subjectzero

if you were god of a universe you created.... what would you want to happen in it? what would be the point and purpose? how would you want the entities to exist in this universe? how would you want them to treat each other? would there be meaning? order? knowledge? goodness? lessons to be learned? truth?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by arpgme
Going to hell is the punishment for not letting the god control you.

You have a very bizarre and immature view of what living a Christian life is. I live my life in congruence with God's will because that's what feels right to me. I enjoy being charitable, I enjoy being honest, I enjoy being moral, I enjoy... well, I just enjoy "loving God with all my heart, mind and strength, and loving my neighbour as myself."

I enjoy having God in my life because it has helped me through some very dark and difficult times, and because spending time with him every day helps keep me centered and focused on what is right and good, rather than what is "comfortable for me."

The moment that one realizes that the universe does not circulate around oneself, along with their desires and ambitions, is the moment of ultimate freedom from control, no longer living under the yoke of it.

If you WANT and ENJOY that life, good for you. Still doesn't change the fact that Hell is a place where God sends people when they don't want to be controlled.

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by subjectzero

if you were god of a universe you created.... what would you want to happen in it? what would be the point and purpose? how would you want the entities to exist in this universe? how would you want them to treat each other? would there be meaning? order? knowledge? goodness? lessons to be learned? truth?

If I was God, I'd claim to be LOVE and then actually BE IT. I wouldn't be controlling people. I'd let them do whatever they want , ESPECIALLY since I'm on the other side and KNOW that they are eternal and life is just a flash in the midst of eternity. People would KNOW that I am love because I would actually BE it, loving all for who they are instead of controlling and throwing them in hell just for being themselves...

edit on 8-11-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by subjectzero

Let me get this straight - God sends a plague and you think, God loves me.

i dont think god sends a plague,,, i think plagues are the results of an imbalance in an eco system,,.
god loves you because he wanted to create a universe in which a creature like you can come into existence and experience itself ( if even for a day like some insects) you get much time to learn lessons and have memories and feelings,, find a mate to create an image of yourself to pass onto the future of this planet.,.,., yes plagues are bad,, but humans are still alive and have been since the first humans came into existence,,,

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I would encourage my creations to love by loving them, not by murdering them with floods and plagues and wars.

I would keep them warm or cool, feed ALL of them, not just the ones who could afford it.

You get the picture.

I know God is there and I give him due respect, but I'm not a real big fan.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

i dont think god sends a plague,,, i think plagues are the results of an imbalance in an eco system,,.
god loves you because he wanted to create a universe in which a creature like you can come into existence and experience itself ( if even for a day like some insects) you get much time to learn lessons and have memories and feelings,, find a mate to create an image of yourself to pass onto the future of this planet.,.,., yes plagues are bad,, but humans are still alive and have been since the first humans came into existence,,,

I currently am writing a a thread about evolutions of insects to become Gods. I think everything is on an ascendig path. It is being controlled by an external force.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Yes, my "loving" God put me in an abusive home in a bullying neighborhood and the list goes on, boy.

He's a great guy is my God. He's shown me how much he loves me all right.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I would encourage my creations to love by loving them, not by murdering them with floods and plagues and wars.

I would keep them warm or cool, feed ALL of them, not just the ones who could afford it.

You get the picture.

I know God is there and I give him due respect, but I'm not a real big fan.

what you described is heaven.,..,

you would just bust your ass to give 999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999^999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,99,99,9,9,9,9,9,9999,9,99,9,9,9,

entities ever lasting life of perfection,,, what did they do to deserve this? why are their spirits special?
this earth is not heaven and not perfect,..,.,

what would there be to learn or experience if everything was perfect? why not just be a rock,, it would be the same as being perfectly warm, perfectly loved, perfectly happy,, the same forever? whats the point of doing anything or learning anything or trying anything or knowing anything,, if you exist in a state of perfect? where is the struggle? where is the motivation? where is the pressure? where is the failure? where is the triumph? where is the earning?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

To me, having to crawl through mud while being shot at for 80 years is not the sign of a creature that loves me. It is the sign of a sadist.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

what would there be to learn or experience if everything was perfect? why not just be a rock,, it would be the same as being perfectly warm, perfectly loved, perfectly happy,, the same forever? whats the point of doing anything or learning anything or trying anything or knowing anything,, if you exist in a state of perfect? where is the struggle? where is the motivation? where is the pressure? where is the failure? where is the triumph? where is the earning?

What is the point to anything if there is no point to anything. I have thought about this alot and i havent worked out the answer. I think mabey life is like being on one of them huge water slides. Rocks are at the bottom of slide and they are silent stil and happy. The people are sliding down this slide and we are all screaming laughing and crying hysterically because we know sooner or later we meet the rocks.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Yes, my "loving" God put me in an abusive home in a bullying neighborhood and the list goes on, boy.

He's a great guy is my God. He's shown me how much he loves me all right.

would you rather be a maggot? a rat ? a pig?

you are fortunate you were born,,, you are fortunate for a breath,, go ahead blame god for every difficulty in your life,,

when i asked you about your universal creation,, i forgot to ask what you would use to make this universe,, and what mechanics you would employ to ensure it was always working up to your standards?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

To me, having to crawl through mud while being shot at for 80 years is not the sign of a creature that loves me. It is the sign of a sadist.

tough love...

how would you ever grow,, or know strength,, or struggle unless you..... grew,, had to work out,, and struggle,.,.

you want to be a flower in a perfect field and have an eternity of your dream coming true,.,.,.
maybe if theres a god,, when you die you can suggest him some type of system in which every living creature can simultaneously have whatever they want come true at any moment,, and for them to all occupy the same reality,.,.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

I currently am writing a a thread about evolutions of insects to become Gods. I think everything is on an ascendig path. It is being controlled by an external force.

That "force" is as much external as it is internal. Don't discount the other side, otherwise you discount the whole.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

That "force" is as much external as it is internal. Don't discount the other side, otherwise you discount the whole.

Good point i wont forget. I willkeep this in mind for my new thread im working on.
I currently am writing a a thread about evolutions of insects to become Gods. I think everything is on an ascendig path. It is being controlled by an external force and internal now.

edit on 8-11-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-11-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I don't know. I'm not God, am I.

As for being a maggot or a pig or whatever else, I have no control over anything in life. I know this for a fact, so the exercise is pointless.

I do blame God. He writes the script. He directs it. He produces it.

William Shakespeare called it - "All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players."

I've seen backstage.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I don't know. I'm not God, am I.

As for being a maggot or a pig or whatever else, I have no control over anything in life. I know this for a fact, so the exercise is pointless.

I do blame God. He writes the script. He directs it. He produces it.

William Shakespeare called it - "All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players."

I've seen backstage.

and whats it like backstage?

your not god ,,, but your critiqqueing the heck out of him,,, i figured you must have the ability to make better,, its why i asked..

would i ever trust my existence in a universe created and designed by scratch from you? or any other human that has ever lived,..., not sure,, probably not...
edit on 8-11-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

If you want to accept a permanent hand up your backside that's fine with me. I choose to fight the puppetmaster.

I don't buy the current paradigm is the truth and is benevolent and in our best interests.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

The real world is uglier than you could possibly imagine.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

The real world is uglier than you could possibly imagine.

in what sense,,, begin to describe,, i have a good imagination....

what is behind the curtain too?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Short and sweet - spiritual war and the Devil is winning. Hell is real, but it's not what people think it is.

Reality cannot be related. It must be experienced. My backstage pass was courtesy of a NDE.

Look right over your shoulder everyone because the man with the horns is breathing down your neck and that is a fact.

Now you go ahead and call me crazy. I know you're going to and that's fine. I'm square all the way around.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join