It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Loving God who throws folks in hell because they didn't want to be controlled by him?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scouser640
I think it all depends on your definition of god. If you believe the biblical god, then you obviously believe in 'someone' with psycopathic tendencies, which may be why there are those who believe the biblical god is some fourth - or other - dimensional being who is actually a bit of a knob.
Then there are those - like myself - that believe that god truly is All That Is, or Infinite Oneness, in which case there is no judgement at all. Because there's no-ne to do all the judging.

There is yourself (on several different levels) to judge you by the actions you have made

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mc4denmark

yes a higher being might have mastered or the concepts of good and evil may be foreign,, the being could be emotionless and created the whole of creation to comprehend actions, consequences and the potentials of emotions and good and evil.,..,.,

if god was established on earth every second making people do the right thing,,, god would only be playing with himself,,, and if all those people did the right thing all the time,, this is the concept of heaven.,.,,.
but on earth god is not established,, and man is given his body,, his witts over nature,, and his free time and his free mind,.,. of course god may know the accomplishes man can achieve if god to one another and cooperate,,.
every good part of society and creation happens because of mans cooperation and good will..,.,
if there was no cooperation and "good", man would not be living in the prosperity and wise kingdom on earth he is,.,.,
I agree with all your statements about prison and misbehavior,, it has to do with a sense of community/belonging.. a sense of hope,, knowledge of life and earth and others... satisfaction with living life., accepting the fate of having to work for your daily bread,.,. and seeing the joy in working towards construction with your brethren for positive gains,, then going against the grain as a destroyer of the order man has established..

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

if you dont want to go to hell where do you want to go?/ would you feel comfortable inviting seriel killers, rapists,
thief's,, and wild dirty, vicious poisonous and venomous creatures into your home?

why would god invite the wicked and vicious and hateful in his established abode for the good?
edit on 8-11-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

He already does. All kinds of people are saved by Jesus every day.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by subjectzero

He already does. All kinds of people are saved by Jesus every day.

ahh that is true,..,,.

that is the aspect of forgiveness,.,.,.

at anytime a wicked person,, can find good,,, and start following that path..,,. his past,, if ok with him will be omited from his memory,.,. if his past haunts him,, its as if he is in hell.,.,.,

if he accepts that he was wrong with his actions in the past,, and will be good from that day forth,.,. perhaps he can forgive himself for his past,, and look forward,,, this equals gods forgiveness,.

if i was god,,,. I would have no problem with a person who sincere was sorry for their past actions, and sincerely understood why they ought be good from then on and desired to be good,.

like wise if i was the kind of a nation,,, i would have the same outlook on prisoners.,,.
the proof is in the pudding though.,,.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by arpgme

if you dont want to go to hell where do you want to go?/ would you feel comfortable inviting seriel killers, rapists,
thief's,, and wild dirty, vicious poisonous and venomous creatures into your home?

why would god invite the wicked and vicious and hateful in his established abode for the good?

"Good" is whatever God wants it to be. A form of control. If you are the essence of love, you wouldn't be controlling, you would LOVE. You are not loving the person if you are wanting to change them into who YOU want them to be.

It doesn't matter who I invite or don't invite into my home because I did not claim to be love, I just claimed to be a lovING individual.

God claims to be LOVE (itself) but there is a LACK of LOVE for people being who they truly are, and instead trying to change them with threats of punishment. That god is a liar...
edit on 8-11-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
double post by mistake

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

reply to post by arpgme

"Good" is whatever God wants it to be. A form of control. If you are the essence of love, you wouldn't be controlling, you would LOVE. You are not loving the person if you are wanting to change them into who YOU want them to be.

It doesn't matter who I invite or don't invite into my home because I did not claim to be love, I just claimed to be a lovING individual.

God claims to be LOVE (itself) but there is a LACK of LOVE for people being who they truly are, and instead trying to change them with threats of punishment. That god is a liar...

so what is god to you?

only love? what does that mean? it cant think? or be logical? what does its love even do or mean?

ok i have my final answer,,, god is not love,, he was joking,..,,. he only loves what is deserving of his love,.,. he is biased.,., and he doesnt care,., because he existed before his creation,, so he believes he knows best,, and can do what he wants,,, i dont blame him,, you can argue and complain,, but your words are just gruntings and mumblings, vibrations from your voice box given to you by god, which hardly equate to real, absolute, or universal concepts.,..

the bible is not gods word,,, it is the interpretation of nature,.,.,.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

Lets make the assumption that heaven and hell is a state of being also and not only a physical place. Also lets make the assumption that god is a higher conciousness created by all conciousness that exists in all forms.

Being with god is then being/feeling connected to everything around and feeling harmonious with your enviroment. Being totaly without god (except the ego) means being totaly alone feeling disconnected with everything that is around you and probably being angry and hateful at everything around you.

Mentaly people can both be in heaven or hell on this planet based on my theories above and a person can even experiance both hell and heaven during that persons lifetime.

Being a servent of god means you are a servent of all that is around you and not your egos desire.

By this definition it is possible to understand that god is not perfect but still evolving and we are supposed to help it evolve by evolving ourselves.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

If we look at this objectively, only men have said that God is love. We've never heard it from the horse's mouth. It may say that in the Bible. I don't know.

The Bible is supposed to be the word of God as transmitted through man, but how do we know that for certain since the only way we've heard this is through men?

There is no indication outside of the Bible and word of mouth over time that God loves.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by subjectzero

That is very true...
Which is why I posed this question for those who actually believe in such a god (What the bible says).

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

reply to post by subjectzero

That is very true...
Which is why I posed this question for those who actually believe in such a god (What the bible says).

In the same book,,, it also says god sends plagues on earth and floods cities and turns them to pillars of salt....

could it be that god knows the best,,,, so his actions ( to us good and bad) regardless are out of love
?

the idea of tough love...,,.,.

everything god does is for the best,,.,. according to him,, and according to all of creation?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

What would be the root lesson of mass murder?

From my perspective, such things are the knee-jerk reaction of an angry child throwing a tantrum.

View God as a child for a few minutes. It will really open your eyes.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

People shouldnt try and change anyone. Freedom of expression. Its best to have no beliefs and then believe what you want to believe if you know what i mean. Dont lose faith in yourself and then you can never lose faith any your fellow person. Love is feeling. Its Pure and honest and what more needs to be said.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

What would be the root lesson of mass murder?

From my perspective, such things are the knee-jerk reaction of an angry child throwing a tantrum.

View God as a child for a few minutes. It will really open your eyes.

nope,,,, you can judge your parent as a child but it doesnt make it so,.,...,

thats like a chemical reaction in a test tube, being mad at the scientist that created it,, for not liking how it came out so it threw it away.,..,. it means nothing to the scientist,, the scientist doesn't care if you call it names or think something of it,, you are practically nothing,,

you are part of the creation,, you dont tell the creator how to run its show..

what are you to god? why are you so important? what could you give to god? what can you create? why do you think you have authority over god? or your views of him matter or mean anything?

god does whatever he wants,.,.., you can judge it any way... doesnt matter..,. he is still the king you are still a pawn.,, neigh,, he made the board and the pieces,,, you are an atom making up the board.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Look at your post from a different perspective -

"I beat you because I love you."

"I shot you because I love you."

"I ran you over with the car because I love you."

"I hit you with a train because I love you."

Doesn't really work, does it?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
God doesn't love. He may have created, but he just watches.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Going to hell is the punishment for not letting the god control you.

You have a very bizarre and immature view of what living a Christian life is. I live my life in congruence with God's will because that's what feels right to me. I enjoy being charitable, I enjoy being honest, I enjoy being moral, I enjoy... well, I just enjoy "loving God with all my heart, mind and strength, and loving my neighbour as myself."

I enjoy having God in my life because it has helped me through some very dark and difficult times, and because spending time with him every day helps keep me centered and focused on what is right and good, rather than what is "comfortable for me."

The moment that one realizes that the universe does not circulate around oneself, along with their desires and ambitions, is the moment of ultimate freedom from control, no longer living under the yoke of it.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Look at your post from a different perspective -

"I beat you because I love you."

"I shot you because I love you."

"I ran you over with the car because I love you."

"I hit you with a train because I love you."

Doesn't really work, does it?

i dont see it that way,.,.,. i see it like

this is love,,, this is good,.,,.

dont be bad,.,. or you will get not love and no good.,,.,.

such simple rules,, why do you disagree?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Be honest, did you do anything bad this year?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join