It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Loving God who throws folks in hell because they didn't want to be controlled by him?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
So many people shaking their fist at God. "Why me?" "How can you be so cruel?" God isn't a person. God is an Is - God doesn't care about you anymore than a blade of grass does. No one will be saved because there's nothing to be saved from. It's really not that difficult.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Scouser640

I don't like that either!

rolls around on ground and pounds feet

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackreign2012
I never understood the whole Garden of Eden Scenario. Man and woman was dumb and naked until the serpent convinced them to eat the fruit of knowledge. They eat the fruit and gain an understanding of good and evil and also discover that they are naked. God punishes them for this .... because he wants his followers naked and dumb.

Did I miss something?

For that story to make sense it would have to be that they ate the fruit of duality not knowledge. The fruit that makes you think you know right from wrong and your views are right good and the people who oppose you are evil. I is about creating an ego and believing you are separate form the rest of reality. They disconnected from the oneness since they choose their ego over harmony with everything around them (god).

And since then duality have put brother against brother, sister against sister, human against nature, race against race, religioun vs religion.

But then my guess the true creation was big bang when reality conciousness split itself up and our journey began to find our way home to the oneness with it again.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by subjectzero
reply to post by windword

I'm no longer looking at the mystery. I'm past that and examining the motivation.

What is God up to and why?

Unevolved type 0 civilization caught up in duality quarantined for the good of the rest of the universe/reality used as a daycare center for souls who are at that stage. But it seems it is putting a lot of seeds on this place now and is planing a change or a harvest.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

I hear that expression "duality" a lot. Could you expand on that?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Some very good answers in this thread.

All I remember from my childhood preacher was: "Ya'll are gonna burn in hell." That is not a good incentive to follow God.
My current pastor preaches of the love of God from the word of God. It is so interesting that those who whine about God wanting them to do stuff and be like whatever don't realise that all he wants us to do is treat each other as we would like to be treated and acknowledge that he is our creator. In His love for us He gave us His Son in sacrifice; can we not give Him of ourselves?

I have asked this question before but have never really gotten a straight answer: Would you want to hang out for an eternity with someone who doesn't love you? I sure wouldn't.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DanInMA

Originally posted by DanInMA

The quick answer: God doesn't send people to hell, they CHOOSE to go there and it grieves God when they do so.

God doesn't send people to hell. They CHOOSE to go there.

No they don't choose to go there. If someone doesn't obey your God's rules, and they die, and don't want to go to hell, will God send them there anyway? If so, he is doing this against their will so it isn't a choice.

reply to post by LittleByLittle

Originally posted by LittleByLittle

Originally posted by subjectzero

I'm no longer looking at the mystery. I'm past that and examining the motivation.

What is God up to and why?

Unevolved type 0 civilization caught up in duality quarantined for the good of the rest of the universe/reality used as a daycare center for souls who are at that stage. But it seems it is putting a lot of seeds on this place now and is planing a change or a harvest.

I don't agree that the Earth is a "school" to learn. Life is just happening. The flower just grows from the dirt. That's it.

The caterpillar doesn't need to "worship" a butterfly or "learn" how to become one. It happens naturally, it isn't a school.

reply to post by 1PLA1

Originally posted by 1PLA1
I have asked this question before but have never really gotten a straight answer: Would you want to hang out for an eternity with someone who doesn't love you? I sure wouldn't.

If God just wants you to treat others as you'd want to be treated, then it shouldn't matter if we worship him or not.

As for spending an eternity with someone who doesn't love me... I don't know if I'd be able to do it, maybe over time I'd get used to it and learn to keep loving them anyway and maybe they'll love me back or maybe they won't, but I'd take the joy of loving them and caring for them anyway.

Even if I couldn't, it wouldn't matter because I didn't claim to be unconditional love. In the bible God claimed to be LOVE itself, not lov"ing" but LOVE.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

By control I mean that I follow and live by his 10 commandments.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by Wonders

Originally posted by Scouser640
reply to post by subjectzero

We are both God - as is everyone else - what more common ground could you possibly wish for?

My signature says otherwise. Fact of the matter is, the difference between those that God loves and those whom God mocks, is a BIG difference. Many so called Christians say the SAME thing you're trying to say right now.
The irony. "We are all sinners, except we're going to heaven because we know whose ass to kiss."
Seems a little like, "Christians are not better than us, except we deserve more respect because we know HOW to kiss ass."
News flash: There is no equality.

Never heard a christian say we are God. The Body of Christ yes, but not God. His physical extensions into this world, but we're just mirror images that can do nothing on our own.

The only difference between a christian and everyone else is we are humble enough to admit we're screwed without the Savior and cannot save ourselves. Never met someone who said "I am God" who is not now dead or dying or will die.

Well I'm not here to dispute your first paragraph, I was not saying in my previous post that Christians go around telling people that they are Gods, I was talking about how Christians in effect say that what they believe has not nor ever will alter their sorry behaviors no matter how many people tell them that Jesus came to save them from their sins, they take that to mean that Jesus will save them from the consequences of a sinful lifestyle, a lifestyle in which they believe they have no recourse for the wrongs they commit just so long as they admit that they disobey Jesus' commands.
I agree with the first sentence in your second paragraph, to an extent. It's what comes after you realize that you need Jesus that change can take place, why because that opens up the possibility to ask Jesus for wisdom and understanding, which according to the bible are more precious than anything that can be destoyed by moths rust or stolen. A person that has wisdom and understanding ought to think differently than a fool, because according to the bible, A whip for the horse, a halter for the donkey, and a rod for the backs of fools! -Proverbs 26:3
Who gets rods to their backs but slaves? And what did Jesus say about slaves? Anyone who sins is a slave to sin. So let's take a look at the definition of a slave.
bing.com · Bing Dictionary
slave
1.somebody forced to work for another: somebody who is forced to work for somebody else for no payment and is regarded as the property of that person
2.dominated person: somebody who is dominated by somebody or by something
3.somebody accepting another's rule: somebody who meekly accepts being ruled by somebody else
Now I know some people are going to jump up and down pointing out the fact that this definition applies to God having dominion over a person, in other words, the created lives up to the expectations of the creator.
Now ponder this, this is what Jesus said to the hypocrites, who knew the law but added to it and only followed the ones they wanted to, the ones who said, "I'll obey, I'll do it my way.": John 8:44 "You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire."
The people he was speaking to thought they were saved, they thought they were the ones who were right.
They may say, I don't feel the weight of sin, while the world groans under its dictatorship.
What we need to realize is that we are headed toward a New World Order, and these people do believe that what they are doing is right and the world will give in to it, and they will accept it, meekly.
Now what is a believer to do? Go around implicitly telling others, "Oh no there's really no difference between us, we're just as 'screwed' up as you are, but, if you feel really really bad about what you did and you think Jesus is a good guy who will take the fall for ya, then you're okay to hang with us at church because frankly we love Jesus and all but we don't obey his commands either, we're sinners for life y'all. "
OR can anyone imagine anything else than living a life of some sort of unresolved grief and denial?
The interesting thing is, these NWO leaders share the exact same sentiment towards God as the OP.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Perhaps "God" created a world with suffering and evil so we could learn and have experience, so we may have a "choice" or free will.

Perhaps there is a part of "God" inside all of us and we chose to experience our self through our creation human beings.

Perhaps anything past Jesus = Love is just thoughts made up by our mind and distorts the message.

Perhaps "God" gave us religion to divide us, so one day we could become united.

Perhaps we are all bio-engineered robots (artificial intelligence) learning how we became self aware (created).

Everybody is made of clay That's what they used to say Until the truth stepped on us all Now everything that was big is small

We're just little crying robots Program me I wanna win the race, I wanna find the place Where the king locked up the princess Jump the fence and drink a little bit of

Now who is the king of the sky? Jupiter says oh me, oh my, oh why? Is the game always changing I've been through some strangeness

Now everybody's in the play At least that's what the script told me to say I'd say, shadows cut across the hero's face He falls from grace until a little bird sang

The truth is never ending We're just here pretending Let's all laugh so that we don't cry Let's all lift our glasses up to the sky for some

Red Wine, Mistakes, Mythology

edit on 9-11-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by ArtOfTrance

Light has a DARK trait of aggression/controlling/manipulating....

and Darkness has the BRIGHT trait of ACCEPTANCE.

How ironic , how they fuse into each other....

Luke 11:35 Make sure that the light you think you have is not actually darkness.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

Originally posted by Wonders

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by ArtOfTrance

Light has a DARK trait of aggression/controlling/manipulating....

and Darkness has the BRIGHT trait of ACCEPTANCE.

How ironic , how they fuse into each other....

Luke 11:35 Make sure that the light you think you have is not actually darkness.

And if it were, it would just be another experience happening, in this unfolding called life. It is what it is, but through judgment / non-acceptance, we label it and call it "good" or "bad".

The Light has a dark trait of controlling...
The Darkness have a light trait of acceptance...

and even this idea of "light" and "darkness" is just another conception...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

im sure you will have no problem when man creates AI,,, allowing the AI to do whatever they please even if it means neglecting mans ideas and words and feelings?

How do you know we have not created AI already?

How can you prove that anything outside your self is "conscious" like you are?

We could be Gods robotic slave, sounds more old testament to me though.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
No.......

Very off the mark. They don't love him and deny him. That's why they go to hell.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

TextHow can you love someone if you can't even accept them for who they are, but instead want to change them? If that is the case you do not love THEM, you love who you WANT them to be.
reply to post by arpgme

@ arpgme

I don't see it the way you see it. The way I see it is if I were a God and created people because I wanted to give them a chance to live forever, then there has to be the same rules for each person. One example would be that I could not allow a practicing thief to live in my kingdom because it would be against one of my rules. This practicing thief with no scruples and no repentance would never be a loyal subject to me or the others who obeyed the rules.

Being a Creator must be the toughest job of all. If you knew a child molester who was unrepentant and you had several children, would you accept him into your house as a friend? Are you insane? Wouldn't that be one of your rules of your kingdom? I know that you have rules to govern your life and I also know that all people have rules to govern their lives. So why are you and I so special as to not observe the Creators rules? After all He owns the kingdom.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Seede

Why did he create the child molester in the first place?

What a swell guy.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Actually, we're in tests and have been for many reincarnations in planets like earth. Its a two lane highway, Love/Hate, Forgiveness/Retaliation, Generosity-Sharing/Greed, Love of Power versus Power of Love.

The result is, Light as a Feather, Higher Levels, Home eventually no Duality, Real World, Love, or Gravity of Murder, Condensing, Regression, Light Orb smaller.

The school can take shorter for some, and some go through a very painful long road.

Some isn't what we think and if a child has been broken and driven insane by abuse, then what they become as an adult isn't free will. And the lesson is on us, not them.
edit on 9-11-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

What is home?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Originally posted by Unity_99

The school can take shorter for some, and some go through a very painful long road.

These are great thoughts, but I don't think I agree with Earth being a "school" for souls. Life on Earth is just happening, just like the flower growing from the darkness of the dirt into the light of the sun. No learning required, just happening, but flower can believe it is learning or "doing" something if it wishes.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You should read my old post called god was a space alien and not our real creator, and another one called target food. Just look at where he left us.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join