A Loving God who throws folks in hell because they didn't want to be controlled by him?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by subjectzero

We are both God - as is everyone else - what more common ground could you possibly wish for?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Scouser640

I disagree. I am handicapped in many ways. There are millions of people much smarter than me who are real gods.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by subjectzero

I disagree. I am handicapped in many ways. There are millions of people much smarter than me who are real gods.

And I disagree. I have no idea who you are or what you are dealing with. The only thing I do know is that God is perfect and everything that God creates is perfect. Ergo - you are perfect. Sorry about that, you'll just have to suck it up.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I wish I could explain but a public forum isn't the place. I can appreciate your viewpoint but mine is rather unique for a reason.

We'll just agree to disagree on this.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scouser640

We are both God - as is everyone else - what more common ground could you possibly wish for?

My signature says otherwise. Fact of the matter is, the difference between those that God loves and those whom God mocks, is a BIG difference. Many so called Christians say the SAME thing you're trying to say right now.
The irony. "We are all sinners, except we're going to heaven because we know whose ass to kiss."
Seems a little like, "Christians are not better than us, except we deserve more respect because we know HOW to kiss ass."
News flash: There is no equality.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

In my experience this is very true. God mocks me and has done so from the cradle.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanInMA
God doesn't send people to hell. They CHOOSE to go there.

Aaah Jesus, the intergalactic mobster....

'It's your fault I broke your legs buddy, you chose not to pay me........'

It blows my mind that people actually think this is a valid argument

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by Wonders

Originally posted by Wonders
Call me bad, call me evil, but don't tell me you love me because that would be a lie, because OUR LOVE IS CONDITIONAL TOO!!!

How could you know that? You can't. It is an assumption.

And there is a huge difference from calling yourself "Loving" and calling yourself "Love" (itself)....

Love loves, but someone who is lovING can get mad, angry, sometimes...

Which would make your god a liar.

I can't know what exactly? Am I supposed to assume that some ATS stranger loves me, why? On that basis what makes you different than those people who believe that God, whom they have not seen, and do not personally know, loves them?

I see no reason to trust anything you say, you obviously haven't read the bible for yourself.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369

Aaah Jesus, the intergalactic mobster....

'It's your fault I broke your legs buddy, you chose not to pay me........'

It blows my mind that people actually think this is a valid argument

you are not owed anything ..... why do you think you deserve a minute of life?

if god made the universe he allowed what you are to experience even a second of existence... this is a gift,,, you can respect the creator,,, or feel free to leave at anytime... whats the big deal?

you just seem sour at the fact that you are not the ultimate creator of the universe and just some bodies pinochio,,, i know its hard to envision and understand so it may be easier for you to continue not thinking about it...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

A gift? Pain, starvation, disease, murder, rape, war, death? GIFT?

Take it back!

EDIT: At least you got the Pinocchio (puppet) part right.
edit on 11/9/2012 by subjectzero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Take it back!

yes those are some bad things.,.,,.. this universe is not perfect,,, there is ying and yang,,, good and bad,, hottest and coldest,, light and dark,,, health and disease,, happy and sad,, and everything in between.....

many people dont starve,, many animals dont starve,,,,,, many people are healthy....... many people dont murder and arent murdered ( something people do,, not gods fault, the peple dont have to do this),,,,,,, many people dont rape or are not raped( something people do,, not gods fault,, people dont have to rape),,,, many people are not involved in war ( something people do,,, not gods fault,, people dont have to have war) ,,,,,, if noone or nothing died on earth,, how would anything new live? where would the room be,, the earth would be every centimeter covered in life if nothing died,,,, also all new life gains its energy from the death of life before it,,, the universe is a recycling center,,,,,

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scouser640

My signature says otherwise. Fact of the matter is, the difference between those that God loves and those whom God mocks, is a BIG difference. Many so called Christians say the SAME thing you're trying to say right now.
The irony. "We are all sinners, except we're going to heaven because we know whose ass to kiss."
Seems a little like, "Christians are not better than us, except we deserve more respect because we know HOW to kiss ass."
News flash: There is no equality.

Never heard a christian say we are God. The Body of Christ yes, but not God. His physical extensions into this world, but we're just mirror images that can do nothing on our own.

The only difference between a christian and everyone else is we are humble enough to admit we're screwed without the Savior and cannot save ourselves. Never met someone who said "I am God" who is not now dead or dying or will die.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Take it back!

it is also interesting to note you state "death" as a bad thing..... yet at the end of your blurb,,,, you ask for god to take your life back,,.,.,.

this is funny because all life is taken back via death,,,, this earthly experience is just a momentary glimpse into a possibility and potential..

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Specifically, death of a loved one. Try to use your head for its intended purpose.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Specifically, death of a loved one. Try to use your head for its intended purpose.

try to comprehend exactly what i wrote,,, how it is true,, makes sense,, real,, the way things are,, and necessary in order for things to be the way they are...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Never heard a christian say we are God. The Body of Christ yes, but not God. His physical extensions into this world, but we're just mirror images that can do nothing on our own.

I disagree. We have our own light. We are not empty vessels that are only meant to reflect. We generate our own light all by ourselves.

(Matthew 5:14-16) Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

I see no reason to trust anything you say, you obviously haven't read the bible for yourself.

Another assumption you are making.
Something else you couldn't possibly know...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

When I saw this thread, I joined ATS just to post a response.
"How can a loving God throw people in hell just because they don't want to be controlled by Him?"
There are a lot of ways to answer this and I will give just a few. First, as a follower of Jesus Christ and a devoted student of the Bible, which I am convinced is God's Word, I will state simply what I understand the Bible teaches.
Ugh!! Where do I start??
The quick answer: God doesn't send people to hell, they CHOOSE to go there and it grieves God when they do so.

The long answer:
God is the creator and owner of everything, so He has the right to set the rules. Fortunately for us, God is a loving God and has invited us to spend eternity with Him in heaven. For the immediate time (this earth) He gave us rules (His Law) FIRST because He loves us. In the same way that a parent gives rules to their children for their own benefit and protection, God gave us His Law. God doesn't want to spoil our fun, He wants us to have fun, but He also wants us to live a safe and healthy life, the same desire that a parent has for their children. SECONDLY, God gave us His Law so that we will know what He expects of us. However, what we tend to do is think that we know better than God, so we ignore God's Law and make up our own rules. God expresses His love for us by providing us with good guidelines, but we snub Him and go the other way. This is what the Bible calls sin. We offend God and refuse to return His love. We become prideful, thinking that we know better than the Creator of the Universe. Sin disqualifies us for heaven. Heaven is a perfect place and if God were to allow sin into heaven, then heaven wouldn't be heaven any more. It would be just like this messed up earth.

God has also told us that because of His justice, He would punish sin. It's His right to do so, after all, He created everything and He gets to make the rules. The punishment for sin is hell. But God doesn't want anybody to go there, so that's why He came in the form of Jesus to pay the price for sin. So in Jesus, God preserves His perfect justice while also offering us a pardon.

So God gives us every reason to turn to Him: punishment if we refuse His pardon (through Christ), versus eternal blessings if we accept it. It's a no-brainer, yet people will pick and whine because it's too exclusive, too this, or too that. Ultimately, people view their self-destructive behaviors (sin) as the fullness of life and refuse to turn away from them and accept the pardon. In so doing, they are choosing the only alternative to heaven, which is hell.

So A eternal punishment for temporary bad choices? I think people seem to forget eternal means forever trillions of trillions of years, never ending.

Let me ask you this, if you have children and they do wrong some people would say it would be acceptable to spank them, some would say they do not believe in spanking only to ground them. No one who is mentally normal would say it would be ok to spank your child to death. A continuous beating until your child died.

NOW could your child do anything so wrong as you yourself would punish them with torment forever? Could your child sin so bad that if you had a button that would send them to a pit of fire FOREVER you would push it?

The honest answer would be NO. Now you tell me how God a being who is suppose to love us a billion fold more than a mother loves her own child could send them to eternal damnation FOREVER? Makes no sense at all! Maybe i could buy temporary punishment but ETERNAL punishment?

Plus its not like God showed himself to modern man then gave us a choice to follow his guild lines or not. God could easily give every living human on this Earth a dream the next time they slept. In this vivid dream God would say i am real believe in me and follow my commandments or suffer the consequences. Once word got out everyone on the planet had the same dream this would surely make most people believe in GOD.

In closing you cant believe GOD would torment a soul forever and on the other hand claim his/her love for you is immeasurable. Makes no sense.

Im a lowly sinning human and I wouldn't send my worst enemy to eternal torture even if they killed my mom and i hated them!! Does this mean my compassion and conscience is better than Gods?

So how can a being of PURE LOVE do that? Eternal torture is not punishment its sadistic!!!

edit on 9-11-2012 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join