It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Loving God who throws folks in hell because they didn't want to be controlled by him?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by celticsea
reply to post by arpgme

God created hell for the devil and the fallen angels. He did not create hell for humans. We were corrupted in the garden because we wanted to be like God. This is the same reason lucifer fell. Hell was never intended for us. Your going to say this is just a story, and if God knows everything then he knew this. I can see what your saying, but his ways are not are ways. Sometimes you just have to take things on faith. If your right no harm done.

I do not believe that. I think humanity ate the fruit of duality and disconnected themselves from god by building ego and that is why they where relocated since you cannot have people clouded by ego with the blessed ones. The devil is the same thing. Ego wanting his will over everyone else (the blessed ones) however much his ego parasitic behavior destroys.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

Originally posted by Wonders
Call me bad, call me evil, but don't tell me you love me because that would be a lie, because OUR LOVE IS CONDITIONAL TOO!!!

How could you know that? You can't. It is an assumption.

reply to post by adjensen

Originally posted by adjensen
As for your particular "contribution", let's see if you're the first to make such an inquiry:

Why would God send someone to hell?

Lookee there, 27 million results. Thanks for adding to the pile.

If you think my question was "Why would God send someone to hell", you have totally misunderstood the question.

The question was, how can God be love itself if he shows a LACK of love for people who are just being themselves instead of what he WANTS them to be.

Love = Lack of love... it doesn't make sense.

And there is a huge difference from calling yourself "Loving" and calling yourself "Love" (itself)....

Love loves, but someone who is lovING can get mad, angry, sometimes...

Which would make your god a liar.

reply to post by LittleByLittle

Originally posted by LittleByLittle
I do not believe that. I think humanity ate the fruit of duality and disconnected themselves from god by building ego and that is why they where relocated since you cannot have people clouded by ego with the blessed ones. The devil is the same thing. Ego wanting his will over everyone else (the blessed ones) however much his ego parasitic behavior destroys.

That doesn't make sense in the context of the story. If the fruit gave them ego, then how were they tricked to eat the fruit in the first place? Satan promised that they'll become gods, a person with a lack of ego would not care to become one, so they would not have eaten the fruit.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

How can you love someone if you can't even accept them for who they are, but instead want to change them? If that is the case you do not love THEM, you love who you WANT them to be.

If that is the case, then i suppose when my kid do bad things it´s better not to try to change it at all. Because if i do, then by your OP i only love them as who i want them to be.

If this is the case, how could a God claim to be love itself? That would be a lie, since the only love is when people are fulfilling HIS desire to be as HE wants them to be.

Because i love my children i try to make it clear, there are consequences when my children do bad things, as i do not want to see them getting hurt.

Peace

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
To answer OP.

I get what you are saying.

*If there is a god*

I look at God and humans as how we interact with Fish in an aquarium at home.

I gave the fish a habitat to live in, an ecosystem to control the exchange of matter, food to eat, and other fishes to interact with but.... do i ask the fish to love me because i gave all these things? No. I let it live its life.

The Fish probably think i'm god, and lucky for the fish it can actually see me. But i'm not asking fish to do certain things for me, and if it doesn't i will not love it.

If there is a god, it would be a being that just creates life and moves on. Does not care or judge or perform miracles. and possibly it could have been created as well.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Okay, there is a God. He did his thing - created heaven and earth and people -

Then split and left the devil in charge.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I do like your analogy, but I can't help but think of my cats.

I give them a home, good food and special treats and lots of pets and strokes. They have a box to do their business, climbing hideouts and places to scratch. I take care of all their vet needs. They have a lovely yard with trees and they chase butterflies and lizards, without a care in the world.

They, however, think that I worship them!

edit on 9-11-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by luciddream

I do like your analogy, but I can't help but think of my cats.

I give them a home, good food and special treats and lots of pets and strokes. They have a box to do their business, climbing hideouts and places to scratch. I take care of all their vet needs. They have a lovely yard with trees and they chase butterflies and lizards, without a care in the world.

They, however, think that I worship them!

edit on 9-11-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

I have a strange feeling that cats are in a sense brighter than humans even if we can use our minds to figure things out.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
God isn't a person. 'He' doesn't sit around all day wondering who to judge next. The whole construct is crazy, how can it possibly be a real? Think about it.

WE are the creators, we are NOT the created.

Sorry - it just drives me nuts sometimes.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I don't get the whole "we are God thing". If that's true, why don't I have superpowers?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Pity most Christians never get past being struggling human being with a spirit instead of a spirit being having a human experience.
reply to post by pacifier2012

Jeremiah 1:5 says God knew a human before he was formed in the womb. I always took that to mean God knows the future, because he is not contained in time. But yes, it could mean that a human is known to God before he is born. I have a new way of looking at things now. I am a spirit having a human experience. I guess it may be an opportunity to gain something in this life. What could possibly be gained that is of value to a spirit being? Maybe the experience of life and earthly things, such as gardens, and growing things, and giving and caring and stuff. Maybe if it were not for this life a spirit might just float right on by Heaven's port, instead of recognizing it for what it is. Maybe a spirit might change it's path toward a tree and a garden instead of going straight over a fiery waterfall into the lake of fire. God is just peachy, even if he did let TEPCO and GE and all build the lake of fire at Fukushima. I guess we may burn in that lake of radiation, if we are left behind. Where are those spaceships the Bible speaks of? Oh oh. What does God need with a spaceship, says James T Kirk.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You state this as if it were a fact:

If this is the case, how could a God claim to be love itself? That would be a lie, since the only love is when people are fulfilling HIS desire to be as HE wants them to be.

God loves is unconditional. If you choose not to love Him in return you made your decision. Love is not a doormat to we walked on. Love is merciful and just. Do you think He takes pleasure in people going to Hell? Would any Father want this for their child. When we refuse God and chose Satan we become the devils children. We have a free will to make the choice.

If heaven rejoices over one repentant sinner, how do you think it feels about those that are lost? Sad.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by subjectzero
I don't get the whole "we are God thing". If that's true, why don't I have superpowers?

God isn't about having superpowers. God is everything. All the scriptures have told us the same thing, we just don't get it. God is All. If God is All, that has to include us and everything that has a consciousness. How can it not be? It can't be God is All except......

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Aren't you inputting your invisible thoughts on a magic keyboard that mysteriously appear on my mystical screen/mirror, as well as onto every other person's on this thread, who is unwittingly experiencing your incomprehensible intent?

Of course you are (a piece of) God, even if only a toddler of a god.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
To me this is the first part of the Dark Side takeover and the trap. In any religion, where this is the norm, belief that God condemns and tortures even good people who didn't join their Church or religion. We know in our heart its not true, and many hearts are troubled by things they read or are told, yet they adopt them??????

That is the test. The answers are in our heart. The bible and religions are coded with Dark and Light, and we are not to buy them hook line and sinker, but seek and search.

Here is are two NDE's from the non denomination or religion boxes, and they were heaven ones.

First the Site: neardeathsite.com...

Pamela Reynolds - Life After Death

Kimberly Clark Sharp's Near Death Experience

Her experience was that she found herself in a grey fog, a waystation, then the light surrounded her. The language was a kind of Music and Math combined and yet she understood it. She asked questions but instead of learning, she was "remembering". She was sent back but didn't wish to go, and couldn't anchor in her body, was loose and bouncing around all over the place inside this strange bodysuit. She pleaded with God/Creator and He spoke to her again in Music/Math and opened a portal to her heaven, which she said looked like Kentucky, except with colors and an intensity of colors and light unlike anything she had ever seen.

She knew if she went through that portal there was no return, so she LEAPED AT IT, but God caught her by the foot/ankle.

Then she was shown what she hadn't realized. She was from a wealthy family and SERVICE was only 2 kinds: the sterling kind and what was done to her.

She was shown people she didn't know but who would be important to her down the road, friends, neighbors, etc, and she was shown HELPING OTHERS. SERVICE TO OTHERS.

She choose to stay.

Life is reincarnational for most, some may come from home occasionally to help out or try and nudge a family member to return, but its about growing, learning, loving, learning to serve others, ie. growing from Child to Adult.

In another way, we need to grow from Adult to Child, ie deprogram and make our hearts sensitive again and full of love, so we can begin to discern again.

As with the OP, for example, that takes listening to our heart and our love and not following bad ideas.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Someone earlier in this thread said we are, essentially, all God. If that's true, why don't we have the powers of a god?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by subjectzero

What ARE the powers of a god? What do we have, as an observation of god's powers, that we could compare ourselves to?

Can we create from nothing? Yes, using our imagination.

Can we love and forgive? Yes.

Are we eternal beings? I believe so.

Can we send someone to hell? Yes, just check with my ex-husband!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I don't think that's funny. My brother had to declare bankruptcy twice because his ex-wife raped him so badly.

He was punished for having four children.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Someone earlier in this thread said we are, essentially, all God. If that's true, why don't we have the powers of a god?

We do! God has unlimited powers. God is Infinite Possibility. God is everything. We are all God.
We could change the chaos of the world tomorrow if we understood this. There is no division, no separation. And getting back to the topic of the thread. Love isn't being nice to someone. Love is a state of being, one of the highest forms of vibrational frequency. When the bible talks of love, that's what it means. 'Hell' is when we don't live this way, when we live in a lower vibrational frequency. It's very simple really. We've just made it very complicated.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Regarding the subject of the thread, why did God make us so willful then expect us to humble ourselves to avoid hell.

Like I wrote earlier in this thread, either he's a sadist, or he created everything then left the devil in charge.
edit on 11/9/2012 by subjectzero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I never understood the whole Garden of Eden Scenario. Man and woman was dumb and naked until the serpent convinced them to eat the fruit of knowledge. They eat the fruit and gain an understanding of good and evil and also discover that they are naked. God punishes them for this .... because he wants his followers naked and dumb.

Did I miss something?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join