A Loving God who throws folks in hell because they didn't want to be controlled by him?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You can sodomize females also, and I so happen to love it.
I love how you take everything so seriously.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by subjectzero

I respect your opinion. But if God himself came to die on the cross to save us from sin now and in the future - and he subjected himself to this for us, then how can you not consider that love. If you don't belvieve that then I guess no one can convince you otherwise. But maybe if you stopped judging God and prayed about it and asked God to show you how, maybe that would help.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by celticsea

Originally posted by celticsea
reply to post by subjectzero

I respect your opinion. But if God himself came to die on the cross to save us from sin now and in the future - and he subjected himself to this for us, then how can you not consider that love. If you don't belvieve that then I guess no one can convince you otherwise. But maybe if you stopped judging God and prayed about it and asked God to show you how, maybe that would help.

That is not love, and dying on a cross is no sacrifice if you are an eternal god and you already KNOW this. He created hell so who is he saving us from - himself!?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Meanwhile, back to the subject of the thread, God is throwing people in hell because he loves them.

"Elvis, you made millions of people happy, but I'm throwing you in hell because you took uppers and ate peanut butter and banana sandwiches with bacon."

"Marilyn, you were beautiful and made thousands of men drool, but you boinked the Kennedy brothers and flashed your boobs. Hell."

"Jeff. You got a lot of press in your day, but you did find Jesus and you got baptized in a whirlpool tub in the prison infirmary. It's heaven for Dahmer!"

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I respect the fact that that is your belief, so I'm going to refrain from any of my usual comments and only say this - thank you for your kindness, but I know my fate. It is written.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

God created hell for the devil and the fallen angels. He did not create hell for humans. We were corrupted in the garden because we wanted to be like God. This is the same reason lucifer fell. Hell was never intended for us. Your going to say this is just a story, and if God knows everything then he knew this. I can see what your saying, but his ways are not are ways. Sometimes you just have to take things on faith. If your right no harm done.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

God created hell for the devil and the fallen angels. He did not create hell for humans. We were corrupted in the garden because we wanted to be like God. This is the same reason lucifer fell. Hell was never intended for us. Your going to say this is just a story, and if God knows everything then he knew this. I can see what your saying, but his ways are not are ways. Sometimes you just have to take things on faith. If your right no harm done.

Ok, let's say I DID believe that.
Why should the fact that he would have already knnown hell would contain the majority of humans, be ignored?

It would be the truth if he does in fact know everything and it would prove that he KNEW hell would contain the majority of humans from the BEGINNING.

If he REALLY wanted to save humans, he could have just forgiven them, no need for Goat Sacrifice (as in the Old Testament) or Human Sacrifice (as with the physical body of jesus).

Obviously, he doesn't really want ALL to be saved as claimed.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

You know it's really against human nature to trust that way. The human animal needs constant reassurance.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Consider that you may be confusing the Christian "God" with the true universal creator, ie the real God.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

I think that is a whole other discussion.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

God is holy and and there has to be a sacrifice. Evil cannot be in his prescence. The sacrifices in the OT pointed to Jesus. He payed the price so we could be born again. I don't know the reasons I believe this by faith.
Are you angry about this? Or do you just believe this is a stupid story? If that is what you believe then it really shouldn't bother you because in your mind it isn't real anyway. We can agree to have different beliefs.

Have a good night.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

God is holy and and there has to be a sacrifice. Evil cannot be in his prescence. The sacrifices in the OT pointed to Jesus. He payed the price so we could be born again. I don't know the reasons I believe this by faith.
Are you angry about this? Or do you just believe this is a stupid story? If that is what you believe then it really shouldn't bother you because in your mind it isn't real anyway. We can agree to have different beliefs.

Have a good night.

God is holy so innocent has to be sacrificed for the sins of another...

What "price" did Jesus pay? Absolutely NONE. If he is an eternal God that gets to be worshipped for all eternity, what is that compared to the eternity? Absolutely nothing; it's like a flash.

reply to post by trollz

Originally posted by trollz
Consider that you may be confusing the Christian "God" with the true universal creator, ie the real God.

The Christian god is pretending to be the omnipresent one. Obviously it isn't true since he "sits" on a thrown (in 'A' location called heaven), and he was "walking" through the Garden of Eden.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Well, I see that you don't love God for who he is, but you want a God that is what you want him to be.

I also have my trouble understanding this God. The older I get, the less interested I am in trying to understand God. I get tired out mentally. My biggest problem I guess is the idea that those in power are there, because God wanted them to be in power.
Well, when I read the post it just made me want to say that we human thingies are not so hot, either, now are we? I guess you might have been following the nuclear fiasco in Japan? Now, the Tokyo Electric Power Company (Tepco) is so inept and the most recent thing seems to be that kids in the area are getting thyroid cysts at a rate that is way out of normal expectations. The government says this anomaly is normal.
After 911, the Bush EPA announced that the air was safe to breath, when common sense tells you it could not be. (And all the deaths and lung problems experienced by the fire fighters and emergency responders confirms the air was not safe.) But God wanted these people in power?
O.k. So not trying to get off-topic here, just letting you know I am awake and have a problem understanding God too. But , for real, do we deserve a just God? Look at all the liars leading us into who knows where. We follow them. Is God loving? Would we care? We will probably have a bunch of us thrown in jail by a human leader who wants to control us soon. NDAA allows for that, from what I read. God made us in his image, according to the Bible. Seems like people try to say that God is perfect. From what God said to Moses at the burning bush, "I am who I am." Accept him for who he is. He didn't seem to claim to be perfect. The concept of the Holy Trinity, that is, Father, Son and Holy Spirit could be compared to a a human with multiple personalities or borderline personality disorder. Just thinking! Don't look at me like that! I'm just saying .... I seem to be having to come up with all kind of patience, and long-suffering to love anything or anyone on this planet. You all seem screwed up to me. And I seem pretty screwed up too. I stay home more and more these days. I can't control all you people, and you seem pretty odd. So I can't control you. I love you anyway. But yeah some days I think you can all go straight to (ya know) be thankful I don't have the power God does. If I did would you play nice...? Or just keeping running your yaps till I go off...just thinking guys....we all better hope God has more mercy than TEPCO....who is more likely to end your days in misery these days? Best lay off dissin God, he isn't any worse than what I see here.
edit on 8-11-2012 by nownow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nownow

Originally posted by nownow
Well, I see that you don't love God for who he is, but you want a God that is what you want him to be.

If I didn't love God, that wouldn't matter at all. I did not claim "I am Love" as God claimed to be love ITSELF.

and by the way there is a difference from cl aiming to be "loving" and being "love" (the embodiment/essence of love itself).

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

All of it is ancient cultural rubbish that has survived down to the present day through intimidation and senseless violence. Many factions of Christians were beaten down and enslaved/killed by the Roman Catholic & Greek Orthodox church and/or its followers. It was the arrival of the printing press in Europe that finally allowed people to interpret the religion of Christianity as the individual person saw fit. Predictably, that led to further carnage as many factions of Christians fought and killed each other over ideological differences.

My point here is that the religion of Christianity is not a religion of love.

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I see. So, it is about obedience. Compliance. Servitude. Slavery.....

"Accept my son as your savior, no questions asked, or be banished from my love eternally."

Slave...meet the Slave Master.

What amazes me is how many people actually buy into such a belief.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S.

I am not quoting god. I did that for comedic effect. What is truly sad is that I have to add a post script for some people to understand that.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mc4denmark

the only phrase I heard is that Jesus tells one to turn the other cheek, sadly it seems to be a phrase that is not very used by "modern" Christians.

Cool so a guy who only "heard" one verse thinks he knows it all. Context man, "turn the other cheek" is Jesus speaking about people persecuting his believers for their faith in him. Doesn't mean we cannot walk away from fools who are just out to be asshats because it makes them feel good. I can turn the other cheek, and turn my back at the same time and walk away. He never said we had to be gluttons for punishment.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Rolling on the floor, lmao!

Originally posted by subjectzero
Meanwhile, back to the subject of the thread, God is throwing people in hell because he loves them.

"Elvis, you made millions of people happy, but I'm throwing you in hell because you took uppers and ate peanut butter and banana sandwiches with bacon."

"Marilyn, you were beautiful and made thousands of men drool, but you boinked the Kennedy brothers and flashed your boobs. Hell."

"Jeff. You got a lot of press in your day, but you did find Jesus and you got baptized in a whirlpool tub in the prison infirmary. It's heaven for Dahmer!"

WHAT! No peanut butter and banana sandwiches with bacon in heaven?! Oh hell no!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

God is God. If he says he is love itself, it must be. Who are we to argue?
It is like a child arguing with his father who has spanked him and now says he loves child. The child is going to want to argue how can the father who has spanked me love me. Now the father says he is love itself. If this ain't love, boy, I don't know what is. That would be perfectly acceptable thinking by the father it seems to me. Now taken further, if the father is God, who are you and why are you wasting your time griping about it....? Clinton says depends on what your definition of is is. Spin on that. Clinton is the real definition of love. He is love itself...with a cigar.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Such is a property of Light...devours that which isn't...a rather dark trait if I do say so myself.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
How can you love someone if you can't even accept them for who they are, but instead want to change them? If that is the case you do not love THEM, you love who you WANT them to be.

If this is the case, how could a God claim to be love itself? That would be a lie, since the only love is when people are fulfilling HIS desire to be as HE wants them to be.

That's exactly what I wonder about myself. He gave us free will, but then condemns us to hell for doing what we want? That makes no sense. Why give us the ability to make our own choices if he'll condemn us for them?

ETA: If he wanted us to follow him exactly and do exactly what he wants, why didn't he just create us exactly like him in every way? What was the point of giving us free will and the ability to choose and think freely if he was just going to condemn us for our choices?
edit on 8/11/2012 by Dondylion because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join